Author Topic: NBA 2010-2011  (Read 53319 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2010-2011
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2010, 11:09 PM »
Well if LeBron, Wade and Bosh each want to give him 1/3rd of their salary, I know who's winning rings for the next 5 years.

The Lakers? 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2010, 07:58 AM »
That is incorrect.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2010, 10:45 PM »
Ah, a wonderful start to the season.  The Celtics win their opener but more importantly Miami loses.   8)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2010, 10:49 PM »
Ah, a wonderful start to the season.  The Celtics win their opener but more importantly Miami loses.   8)

Yup.  Even being a Heat fan, I called that loss today.  Can't say that I was surprised about it.  They're not ready to beat the elite teams yet (especially on the road).  They'll take a couple of months to gel.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2010, 12:08 AM »
I thought LeBron left Cleveland so he could quit carrying entire teams on his back?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2010, 10:08 PM »
The Heat brass should suspend LeBron for 10 games minimum for bumping the coach in frustration.

LeBron needs to be put back in his place, really badly.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2010, 11:26 PM »
The Heat brass should suspend LeBron for 10 games minimum for bumping the coach in frustration.

Agreed.

And the Heat can suck it.  Every time they lose I get a little extra bounce in my step.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2010, 12:41 AM »

Agreed.

And the Heat can suck it.  Every time they lose I get a little extra bounce in my step.

Then you must look like you're on a pogo stick lately.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 1, 2011, 11:39 AM »
Busted by the paparazzi.

Now I know why Ron Artest has not been answering my... um... fan mail.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2011, 02:17 PM »
Man, I hope CP3 and the crew can eliminate the Lakers. . .

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 8, 2011, 11:08 PM »
Man, I hope CP3 and the crew can eliminate the Lakers. . .

Mavs did it in a sweep.  Happy days.  In general I hate the Lakers but they were quite poor sports in losing today.  I get the frustration, but Bynum should get a hefty fine and at least a couple of games suspension from the league. 

Ah well, suck it Colman, no threepeat.   ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 9, 2011, 12:47 PM »
I don't watch much Basketball, but when I do I root for Dallas.

I was expecting a typical playoff choke job by the Mavs going up against the mighty Lakers.  So, that was really fun to watch.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 9, 2011, 02:18 PM »
I thought the Lakers and Mavs were evenly matched before the series.  The Lakers didn't convert their opportunities to win games 1 and 3, and of course, the Mavs did the right things in all 4 games.

I've not seen the Lakers having to run around the court so much on their rotations, and the Mavs still got really good open looks.  The defense was awful while Dirk and the bench seemed unstoppable.  It was obvious the Mavs were the better team in this series and not the Lakers unable to play to their potential.  It was tough watching four games with nothing positive Laker-wise to come out of them.

It $uck$ Lamar and Andrew lost their cool.  I wonder if there's anything inside the locker room we're not hearing.  It was interesting to see Phil/Pau and Phil/Lamar go at it on the sidelines, and Andrew making his trust issues comments after game 3.  Losing causes strange things I guess.

It'll be interesting to see how next year works out for the purple and gold.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 9, 2011, 02:24 PM »

Mavs did it in a sweep.  Happy days.  In general I hate the Lakers but they were quite poor sports in losing today.  I get the frustration, but Bynum should get a hefty fine and at least a couple of games suspension from the league.

Agreed.  I was so happy to see the Mavs finish them off yesterday, and in such routing fashion.  I've just never liked the Lakers either, and like Brent mentioned, they (or at least a couple) were such poor sports in the loss.  I really thought they would not only win the series (originally), but thought for sure they would win yesterday being "fired up" from the 0-3 start.  There is obviously some problems going on there.  I thought even Kobe looked pretty unspectacular - for him - in this series.  ESPN had some statistics covering his fourth quarter shooting in the playoffs this year, and it wasn't too hot.  Don't get me wrong, I still wouldn't want the ball in his hands at the end of the game against my team, but I wonder if age is starting to show a bit with Kobe (even though he's not "old" by any stretch).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 9, 2011, 10:59 PM »
Much as I despise the Lakers and hate Kobe I'll give him credit.  I found this quote today in reference to Bynum and Odum:

Said Bryant: “They played better than we did. So letting the game get ugly like that where players potentially can get hurt you don’t ever want to see that happen. We can learn from that. We regret doing that. That’s not something you want to see in the game of basketball, ever.”