Author Topic: NBA 2010-2011  (Read 53310 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2010-2011
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2011, 11:36 PM »
I get the frustration, but Bynum should get a hefty fine and at least a couple of games suspension from the league. 

Five game suspension and all told it'll cost Bynum $700,000 for his behaviour in the last game of that series.  Ouch. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2011, 10:52 AM »
Good.  That was some of the most unsportsmanlike punk-ass nonsense I've seen in awhile.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2011, 10:04 AM »
Bummer to see the Heat win but hardly a surprise after Rondo dislocated his elbow (and for the record I don't think Wade did anything intentionally on that play).  So with the Celtics out I'm cheering for the Thunder now (or the Bulls maybe).  Great triple OT game the other night and then they came out hard last night.  If they can get by the Grizzlies I'm not sure they can upend Dallas, but I'll be hoping. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2011, 10:15 AM »
Watching Lebron and the all star team screaming last night made me nauseous.  I wanted Lebron to come to Chicago but I'm glad he didn't.  Sorry Neal, but I'm just praying that someone knocks them out of the playoffs. 

I know he'll get there eventually, but deep down I want Lebron to be the Dan Marino of Basketball.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2011, 10:53 AM »
Agreed about all the excessive celebration by the Heat last night, sort of ridiculous.  Granted, I'm a Celtics fan, but I saw the writing on the wall after Rondo got hurt and wasn't so much shocked or mad that they lost last night.  The Heat seemed to be acting like they just won the championship, LeBron in particular (who was apparently crying on one knee?).  It looks like they'll have a pretty good shot at taking it all now, but he's gone further than this with the Cavs before so I'm not sure why he was so emotional at this point.  Oh well.

With the Lakers being knocked out, I was fairly happy to see anyone else win it at this point too - but I'd sort of rather not see the Heat win either (apologies to Neal and any other Heat fans).  I'm going for the Thunder at this point too, or possibly the Bulls.  It has definitely been an interesting year for the NBA playoffs with the Spurs, Lakers, and Celtics all going down early (and somewhat easily).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2011, 11:01 AM »
Assuming the Bulls come out of their series in this round, I'm absolutely cheering for them.  We got to see them in Minneapolis back in March and my daughter even got Rose's autograph on her Bulls hat.  Plus how do you not cheer for a team with a guy named Boozer. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2011, 11:19 AM »
Watching Lebron and the all star team screaming last night made me nauseous.  I wanted Lebron to come to Chicago but I'm glad he didn't.  Sorry Neal, but I'm just praying that someone knocks them out of the playoffs. 

I know he'll get there eventually, but deep down I want Lebron to be the Dan Marino of Basketball.

Stay strong.  If Dallas can take out the Lakers, then Chicago or OKC or Dallas can take out the Heat.

I'm right there with you.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2011, 11:22 AM »
I'd love to see the Mavs win it all.  If there's a basketball team I root for, that's it.  I'd love to see Dirk and Kidd get rings.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2011, 11:58 AM »
Are they both ringless?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2011, 12:14 PM »
As far as I know, yes.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2011, 02:05 PM »
No need to apologize to me, guys.  I know all too well that absolutely no one is rooting for this team to win.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2011, 03:09 PM »
No need to apologize to me, guys.  I know all too well that absolutely no one is rooting for this team to win.

For what it's worth it didn't bother me when Shaq and Wade did it.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2011, 03:18 PM »

For what it's worth it didn't bother me when Shaq and Wade did it.

Agreed.  Outside of watching the Mavs melt down and seeing Wade go to the freethrow line every 4 seconds...

There's just something different about this little orchestrated all-star team that's pretty nauseating.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2011, 04:25 PM »

There's just something different about this little orchestrated all-star team that's pretty nauseating.

Yup, as Brian described the theatrics last night were over the top.  You beat the Celtics, a very good team, but with aging superstars and their up and coming star with a dislocated elbow.  It's not like the Celtics were really going to win this year, regular season record being good or not. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2011, 08:43 AM »
Meh, Miami wins that series whether Rondo is healthy or not, so I don't think that had a major impact on the ultimate outcome. They didn't lose because of their play at the point.

Looking forward to the Bulls/Heat matchup...Chitown pwned them in the regs season, but it's a new deal now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy