Author Topic: NBA 2010-2011  (Read 53317 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2010-2011
« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2011, 09:44 AM »
I heard it's a rumor.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 13, 2011, 09:59 AM »
Could not have asked for a more satisfying ending to a great series. This is the most I have enjoyed watching the NBA since Jordan was around. Lots of great drama this year.

Gotta feel great for Kidd, Dirk, Jet, Marion, heck pretty much everyone. I love Tyson Chandler and JJ Berea's games too.

I'm even happy for Cuban, dude is the closest thing to Dan Snyder that the NBA has, so it's good to see him learn and grow. You gotta give those rings out though, come on.

Whither the Heatles? They could have won this thing with a little more determination, so it's not like they need to blow it all up. They really need a top-tier point guard though, someone who can actually control the flow of the game and run the offense. This 1-on-1 thing they try to do is not reliable.

I think they also need a seasoned veteran with at least one ring who can step in and regulate. A Charles Oakley/Ben Wallace type dude who can get in Lebron's and DWade's faces when necessary.

And how stupid was that whole coughing-on-tape schtick those 2 pulled? REAL mature fellas.  ::)

Lebron? I just don't get it. Dude is not even in the same conversation with Jordan anymore, as far as I'm concerned, or even Kobe for that matter. His disappearing act was just baffling.

GO MAVS!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2011, 11:59 AM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2011, 01:07 PM »

I'm even happy for Cuban, dude is the closest thing to Dan Snyder that the NBA has, so it's good to see him learn and grow. You gotta give those rings out though, come on.

If that were the case, wouldn't LeBron et al. have gone to Dallas?  Snyder is a complete ass who craps on the fans and runs the Skins like a fantasy football team.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2011, 01:24 PM »
LeBron played 40 minutes.

In the eight minutes he didn't play, Miami outscored Dallas by 14.

In the 40 minutes he played, the Mavs outscored the Heat by 24 points.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2011, 01:50 PM »
If that were the case, wouldn't LeBron et al. have gone to Dallas?  Snyder is a complete ass who craps on the fans and runs the Skins like a fantasy football team.

I know it's a popular sentiment nationally but that's not really an accurate view of the guy anymore. I'm a former season ticket holder and I certainly don't agree with everything Danny has done, but he is much like Cuban in his youth and obsession for winning (and tendency to rub some people the wrong way). The Skins just don't have any actual success to show for it.  ::)

I love that Cuban basically just shut up for the whole playoff run and did not allow himself to become a distraction. You know he was itching to have a go at Philip after that sweep.

What did you guys think of Lebron's postgame comments?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2011, 02:19 PM »

You mean about the haters and how he doesn't care?  I think that shows he cares.  I think that also shows that he thinks about himself a little more highly than he ought to.  Yes, people are hating on him but if he thinks that's all they're doing then he needs to shake his head.  I think the folks that are hating on him are doing just fine in most circumstances and are enjoying a situation that made LeBron look bad.  I think they, just like he, are going to go on with their lives.  Most of us have to work for a living so no, we can't spend the summer at a mansion with our posse without any financial concerns so sure, LeBron has it made.  But he's an ass for flaunting it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 13, 2011, 02:24 PM »

All I saw was a guy in a nice suit saying I I I Me I I Me Individual My Me I My Individual We Me My I I I I I Me I Us Me My.

It's Lebron day.  We're all taking the last 12 minutes of the day off.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:19 PM by Rob »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 13, 2011, 04:50 PM »
It's Lebron day.  We're all taking the last 12 minutes of the day off.

LOL, I'm taking my talents to the sofa.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 13, 2011, 05:41 PM »
Good read:

This should have made me very happy. After all, I spent the entire NBA season rooting against LeBron James and the Miami Heat. I rooted against the Heat with a joyous zeal. People often asked me why — some lectured me about it. That’s OK. I’m sure I can put the reasons into words if necessary. I rooted against the Heat because I was ticked off at LeBron for quitting on the Cavaliers at the end of last season. I rooted against the Heat because I was ticked off at LeBron for making a mockery of Cleveland and how much the fans there loved him. I rooted against the Heat because something about three buddies deciding to get together in an exotic locale and dominate the NBA seemed like a plot for a bad James Bond movie. I rooted against the Heat because I do not like anyone cutting in line. But the truth is, it didn’t come down to reasons or words. I rooted against the Heat because it was fun. I’ve not really despised a team in a long, long time.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2011, 10:43 PM »
Stealing this photo from a guy on the spawn board.  Love the back of the t-shirt....

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2011, 07:06 AM »

I know it's a popular sentiment nationally but that's not really an accurate view of the guy anymore. I'm a former season ticket holder and I certainly don't agree with everything Danny has done, but he is much like Cuban in his youth and obsession for winning (and tendency to rub some people the wrong way). The Skins just don't have any actual success to show for it.  ::)

I love that Cuban basically just shut up for the whole playoff run and did not allow himself to become a distraction. You know he was itching to have a go at Philip after that sweep.

I grew up in the DC suburbs.  Synder has only been hands off in the past year.  Things like getting rid of Brian Mitchell so they could bring in a washed up Deon Sanders or drafting Heath Shuler are prime examples of his screw ups.  Just about everything at a Redskins game experience sucks...especially the extreme nightmare of parking, nevermind the price to park.  Synder has bought up DC radio stations so he can have complete control over broadcasts...i.e. no one can bad mouth him or the team.  The guy is nothing like Cuban, and he certainly is no Jack Kent Cooke.  He is just a rich guy with a Napoleon complex.