Author Topic: NHL Off-Season 2010  (Read 7847 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NHL Off-Season 2010
« Reply #15 on: July 1, 2010, 11:46 PM »
Yes we did

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: July 2, 2010, 03:39 AM »
Would he remember you Scott?  If you're being serious of course. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: July 2, 2010, 08:32 AM »
Oh yeah he would, he is a really nice kid and it has been cool to see him do what he has done.  He was an absolutely stellar athlete from the time he was 6 years old, and was probably a better football player than hockey.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: July 2, 2010, 01:14 PM »
I thought he was from the frontiers of Canada where no white man has traveled but his family?  I didn't realize he was MN stock.  They were saying about his family being big, and I guess he was geeked to play here or something because of the "blue collar town" thing Pitt has.  A lot was said about his personality and that he's a "good guy"...  Of course the city's into that lately after the Steelers and all.  The Hockey guys have been appreciated a lot more for how they generally are all pretty nice and do things locally a lot.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: July 3, 2010, 01:37 AM »
Eaton left for the NYI's today, who appear to be building something.  He's solid, and a steal for his price IMO.  Sucks losing him.

Guerrin's camp is basically viewing the Pen's moves as them moving on without him.  I was hoping he' dtake a cut for another season here, as he's a good lockerroom guy, he's got scoring ability for sure yet, and likes the city a lot from what I hear and wanted to hang on here I think.

Lots of hooplah on Tangredi coming up this year too...  They're relying heavily on younguns to fill in this year.

Also, lot sof rumors this weekend may bring a trade from us to someone, possibly to relieve some of that youthful pressures on offense at the wing positions.  Possibly a young D prospect or something getting moved.  That's just what's being said locally though, but this one guy's often right and he's saying the most stuff right now.

Philly making some kind of move mentioned tonigh ttoo.  Possibly with the Isles.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 4, 2010, 05:16 PM »
So who's going to be next?!

And the answer to that question is Andrew Ladd, Adam Burish and soon to be John Madden.  They picked up another young player in Vishnevskiy and recently announced the signing of John Scott.  All you MN guys will have to fill me in on him as I know nothing about him...

I'm not as broken up about these three leaving as the previous trades, but this is still a lot of players to lose so soon after a Championship.  The fans in Chicago are not going to be pleased if they don't come out of the box winning after shedding so much.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 6, 2010, 10:12 AM »
No love for Bob Probert?  Old time hockey.  Toe Blake.  Eddie Shore.  RIP.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: July 6, 2010, 03:51 PM »
A young guy to go...  What was it?  I didn't read any of the stories, just saw the ticker.  I was wondering if it was maybe something to do with his style of play.  Old time hockey indeed.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 6, 2010, 04:14 PM »
Complained of chest pains while boating with family and collapsed.  Presumably a heart attack but nothing conclusive yet.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: July 6, 2010, 08:03 PM »
Hmm, well not unheard of at that age for sure...  My mother's family almost entirely has gone around that point or slightly older from heart problems.  Still, that's a shame.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 01:28 PM »
Kovy signs for stoopid money.  How do you feel if you're Atlanta now?  Ouch.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 01:44 PM »
And not just stoopid money - 17 years!  He gave the Devils 5 free years based on what Hotlanta was offering him (12 yrs, $102M).

How do I feel if I'm Atlanta?  Even picking up BFugly from the Blackhawks can't get me excited about another season of being throttled by the Caps and then fighting for that last playoff spot in the East.  :P 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 03:40 PM »
Fortunately, Atlanta doesn't have any fans to care.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 10:45 PM »
Kovy signs for stoopid money.  How do you feel if you're Atlanta now?  Ouch.

Sounds like the NHL maybe thought the money and the details of the deal were a little too stoopid.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: August 4, 2010, 12:40 PM »
I bet my hockey team tries to woo Modano here for PR reasons... they'd sell a LOT of #9s for sure.

I guess Modano chose his other "home" and signed with Detroit (and looking at the Wild's roster vs. the Red Wings, he probably made the right choice :P).

It will be interesting to see what number he ends up with as 9 and 19 are both out... I think 6 is "unofficially" retired too.  Maybe 90?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender