Author Topic: Thor (Movie & Sequels)  (Read 50619 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Thor (Movie & Sequels)
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2017, 08:47 AM »
I saw it on Monday.  I think it was an interesting way to move Thor's character forward.  The scene with Dr. Strange was well done, and tied in very well with the end credits scene from the Dr. Strange movie.  And Tom Hiddleston playing that up with the line about falling for 30 minues was great!

The inclusion of the Hulk in the story was a nice way to pick up his story from the end of Avengers - Age of Ultron, and I really liked the tie-in with the Quinjet's log where Black Widow tried to talk Hulk into transforming back into Banner.  The humor between them seemed pretty genuine, between Thor and Banner talking about their fight... per Thor's recollection.  And then Thor calling Hulk a moron for fighting Surtur?  That actually elicited a gut laugh from me!

Cate Blanchett was fantastic as Hela.  I think she was reasonably well developed as a villain.  Her presence alone was pretty amazing.  And she dispatched the Warriors Three pretty fast.  Her story having been intertwined with that of Odin certainly gave Thor a lot to think about in his path forward.

I've seen some people describe the humor as broad.  I don't know that I'd agree with that assessment.  I certainly found it to be enjoyable, and I think that the Sakar angle played up the fact that Asgard was part of a larger interstellar landscape.  And that, along with Loki's actions in the weapons vault, will seemingly tie into where the MCU will be going with the next Avengers film.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2017, 12:21 PM »
I dont get the hate the movie is getting. It wasn't GoTG good (my favorite Marvel movie) but it was up there. Korg and Meik were awesome.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2017, 04:31 PM »
I cried when the 3 headed guy died.  :'(

I haven't read too much hate, other than by folks who felt it was somehow disrespectful to the Thor mythos...or whatever.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2017, 12:37 AM »
I just got back and thought it was by far the best Thor movie, which isn't really saying much I guess but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The cast was pretty great throughout. Although I normally like him, I thought Karl Urban was a little weak though - the accent didn't help.

I kept thinking..."man, I really like the background music"...then I saw Mark Mothersbaugh credited at the end and I realized why.  :)

Where was Sif?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 23, 2017, 07:34 PM »
Sif died on the way back to her home planet.

Actress was busy and could not appear. So she lives!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2017, 06:30 AM »
Sif did make those appearances on Agents of SHIELD, although I checked out on that show a while ago.  I don't know the last time Sif made an appearance there.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2017, 09:32 AM »
Sif did make those appearances on Agents of SHIELD, although I checked out on that show a while ago.  I don't know the last time Sif made an appearance there.

Yep, I recall that too and it was at least two seasons ago. Seems odd they wouldn't even have bothered to explain her away with a throwaway line.

Even Poochie got that!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy