Author Topic: Lord of the Rings  (Read 17993 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of the Rings
« Reply #226 on: May 5, 2009, 03:52 PM »
I've heard aboutt his but haven't had the time to watch it yet.  I heard it was made for $3000 US dollars.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #227 on: July 7, 2011, 10:03 AM »
Watched the EE Blu Rays on Friday and Saturday.  The "endings" of ROTK still fill my eyes with tears every time I see it.  Especially when Aragorn bends his knee to the Hobbits...man

The EEs are great too, really flesh out the rest of the story.  I found TTT to drag a little more than I remembered.  Great great great stuff and it really has me looking forward to The Hobbit more than ever.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #228 on: July 7, 2011, 10:30 AM »
I actually started watching these last night.  We got a late start and only watched the first half of Fellowship, but the transfer looks phenomenal and the effects held up in HD better than I expected.  We're going to finish Fellowship tonight and then watch the rest this weekend.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 7, 2011, 10:36 AM »
I ordered the EE Blu-ray with some extra Amazon gift card dollars I had left over.  Should be delivered today... now to find time and sit and watch them.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2014, 07:03 PM »
I know this is an old thread but thought I'd bump in case anyone still is in need of the EE Blu-ray set.  Amazon has it up on a 1-day flash sale for $29.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Fellowship-Extended-Editions/dp/B007ZQAKHU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416960140&sr=8-2&keywords=the+lord+of+the+rings

Great price considering it was $120 when it first came out...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2014, 07:06 PM »
Yeah I got it for $37 and free shipping last month, and man it's incredible to own it in HD and play it on the big screen.  The kids want to marathon it with me, which I did once before and it was almost enough to turn your brain to mush, but it was an experience...  They want to do this before The Hobbit too.   ::)

It's up there with Star Wars to me, so owning it was a no-brainer.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 25, 2014, 11:16 PM »
I know this is an old thread but thought I'd bump in case anyone still is in need of the EE Blu-ray set.  Amazon has it up on a 1-day flash sale for $29.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Fellowship-Extended-Editions/dp/B007ZQAKHU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416960140&sr=8-2&keywords=the+lord+of+the+rings

Great price considering it was $120 when it first came out...

Thanks for that.  I've only owned the regular DVD EE editions up to now so that'll be a nifty addition to the 80" Sharp.   :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2014, 05:25 AM »
And I thought the $50 I paid for the Blu-Rays a few years ago was a good deal...

I've actually been meaning to marathon these for the longest time but have just never gotten around to it. I haven't seen TTT or ROTK in well over a decade. I didn't quite care for the first two Hobbits but I'm dragging myself to see the third so I suppose now would be a good time to do so.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2014, 08:48 PM »
I had only owned the DVD EE's so it seemed like the best time to get these, finally.  They also had the Star Wars Blu-ray set for $80 so I got that to go along with it.  Hopefully this will be the last time I have to buy these until they are converted to Ultra 4K HD versions once the technology is available  :P

The boys are still too young to be able to see LOTR, but once they are able, I can't wait to marathon these and the SW movies.  Will definitely be a lot of fun when the time comes.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!