Author Topic: Lord of the Rings  (Read 57937 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Lord of the Rings
« Reply #180 on: January 3, 2005, 03:22 PM »
Well...they show her poking the sword in the head and him melting but then they cut away to something else.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 3, 2005, 03:32 PM »
Well...they show her poking the sword in the head and him melting but then they cut away to something else.

Am I missing something?  Isn't that how it happened in the original release?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #182 on: January 3, 2005, 03:33 PM »
Yeah but then there was a big explosion deal that lit up the sky which sort of signalled the turning point of the battle

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 3, 2005, 03:36 PM »
Oh.  Don't remember the sky lighting up, but it's been awhile since I've watched the original.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 3, 2005, 03:44 PM »
We watched this over Christmas-time, and I thought something seemed different at that part as well.  I couldn't place it for sure either, since we hadn't seen the theatrical version for a little while.  All in all though, it was good, I always look forward to the extended editions and squeezing a little bit more out of the LOTR franchise...at least until the Hobbit gets made ;).  Missed not having a new one to go to this past December :).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #185 on: January 3, 2005, 03:47 PM »
Perhaps I'm confusing myself on this one (I did the same thing with the ANH DVD) and I'm crossing scenes up with the light shooting to the sky when they leave Minus Morgul

I still think the battle is messed up though editing wise...showing the Houses of Healing stuff before Pippin finds Merry is dumb (since Merry needs to be in the HoH too)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #186 on: January 3, 2005, 04:20 PM »
OK, now that Scott's officially confused as to the Witch King scene, can someone who has both versions (theatrical and EE) pop them in and tell us if there's a difference or not?

Or is there a good LOTR site that lists all the EE differences?

BTW, I ordered my loose EE boxset case a couple weeks ago, so hopefully that shows up in the next month or so, so I can have the "complete" boxset.  Anyone else order that thing for $3?  Pretty reasonable deal, I think.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 3, 2005, 04:50 PM »
OK, now that Scott's officially confused as to the Witch King scene, can someone who has both versions (theatrical and EE) pop them in and tell us if there's a difference or not?

Or is there a good LOTR site that lists all the EE differences?

BTW, I ordered my loose EE boxset case a couple weeks ago, so hopefully that shows up in the next month or so, so I can have the "complete" boxset.  Anyone else order that thing for $3?  Pretty reasonable deal, I think.

What did you order for $3?

I'm trying to save up for the 12 disc set...
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #188 on: January 3, 2005, 04:55 PM »

Just the empty slipcase box thing, to house the 3 EE's (and turn them into a "boxset").  It's the same thing as the now available boxset at retail, but just for all of us who have all three of the EE's already (but not the box).

Get it?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #189 on: January 3, 2005, 04:57 PM »
Saw this on Bloody-Disgusting.com

You can order the EE Slip Case cover through NewLineShop.com here:

http://www.lotrdvdbox.com/

Its free except for the $3 shipping charge

Thanks can be directed to me and I'll pass them along to the great unknown

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 3, 2005, 04:59 PM »

Just the empty slipcase box thing, to house the 3 EE's (and turn them into a "boxset").  It's the same thing as the now available boxset at retail, but just for all of us who have all three of the EE's already (but not the box).

Get it?

Got it.

I still need the dvd's... If they start offering one that comes with the dvd's for $3, will you let me know?  >:(
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #191 on: January 3, 2005, 10:01 PM »
I still need the dvd's...

::)

(that's for participating in the slipcase discussion without owning the EEs, and even moreso for not having the EEs in the first place!)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #192 on: January 3, 2005, 10:33 PM »
On the $3 slipcase, there's one catch.  Gotta have a credit card (no debits it says) which sucks for those without.  And one per household...  I had a hell of a time getting one for my brother.  Darn site gave me fits.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Got my ROTK DVD for Christmas as well...  So anyway, I haven't watched it yet, 'cause I want to have an EE marathon viewing party with myself - all 3 EE's in a row.  Yes, I'm perfectly capable of planting myself on the coach for about 12 straight hours!   ;)

So, that was FUN!  Did the 11.5 hour marathon on Saturday night/morning, from 6:15pm to about 5:30am.  Took a couple lightning quick pisses along the way, and skipped the end credits of the first two (of course), but other than that, I made it all the way straight through them!  Very cool seeing them all together like that, as if they were all one continuous movie.

Only downfall is that the "superhero" status of the heroes is even more pronounced, since you're seeing Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli kill hundreds and hundreds of bad guys with barely a scratch - in battle after battle after battle.  No idea what Boromir's problem was...   ::)

So, has anyone else watched them all the way through like that?  I think Beth came close, since she went to the Trilogy Tuesday for the ROTK's theatrical release, but technically she came up a little short on ROTK by 50 minutes, since it wasn't the EE.   ;)

Anyway, highly recommended for you Super Couch Potatoes out there!

Definitely more fun than Tidal Pools, that's for sure...  (on the off chance someone here may have been doing that instead)   :P
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 06:03 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Paul

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 10, 2005, 05:59 PM »
You don't need a credit card...if you buy the ROTK EE you get a booklet inside to order the case.   I sent a cheque for $3 as payment.