Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302739 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1035 on: August 15, 2012, 01:24 PM »
Got the last vintage Qui-Gon Jinn from Amazon for $1.99. Exactly what it is worth!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:24 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 15, 2012, 01:35 PM »
Got the last vintage Qui-Gon Jinn from Amazon for $1.99. Exactly what it is worth!

I don't know about that... maybe $0.00.  ;)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 15, 2012, 03:02 PM »
I finally found some new Vintage figures! I picked up two Sand Troopers, two Clone Lts., and a Clone Shock Trooper from K-Mart this morning. These were the first TVC figures I have purchased in a brick & mortar store since May, and I am pretty sure they are the first new figures I've even seen since then.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 16, 2012, 10:42 AM »
Hit the TRU near where I work at opening hoping that they had gotten in the Ewok/Pilot sets. Unfortunately they didn't, but they did get in the Lost Line wave case - I picked up the three army builders on Vintage-style cardbacks and left the rest.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 16, 2012, 12:43 PM »
Big day. Snagged one of the two Yavin Pilot sets at my closest TRU. No Ewok set. Also caved and snagged the Power Droid 3 pack from Target, finishing those off.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 16, 2012, 01:23 PM »
Got my two 501sts in the mail. Have to give kudos to Hasbro. One was smashed up, one was perfect.  Wasn't a hard decision as to my opener.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 18, 2012, 11:07 PM »
I got my six figures from Amazon today in four different boxes. All the figures shipped from Amazon were in mint condition. The cards were unpunched and not bent. They were all packed well. The only one had a bent messed up card was the Qui-Gon I got for $1.99. This Qui-Gon wasn't shipped by Amazon (like all the rest). It was a third party seller on Amazon. I'm happy they all got here within a few days of order.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 19, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Not necessarily "Vintage" collection, but I did pick up the Ewok and Rebel Pilot sets from TRU last week.  Aside from a few more exclusives (K-Mart 2 packs, Speeder Bike), and the last wave preordered, I think I'm pretty much caught up on SW for the year.

I know the distribution stuff has been discussed a lot, but I got to thinking about it again today, and it really has been horrible.  I started ordering waves online a couple years ago already, so I don't notice it quite as much as I used to - but aside from three of the Sandstorm figures (at a WM), and two of the Hoth Luke wave (at TRU) I haven't seen a single figure past the TPM stuff at any store, all year long.  I know some have had it even worse (like no figure sightings at all outside of TPM).  Just crazy when you think about it.  Sometimes it is a wave here or there, but this year - at least so far - has been nothing since Feb.

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 19, 2012, 09:51 PM »
Not necessarily "Vintage" collection, but I did pick up the Ewok and Rebel Pilot sets from TRU last week.  Aside from a few more exclusives (K-Mart 2 packs, Speeder Bike), and the last wave preordered, I think I'm pretty much caught up on SW for the year.

I know the distribution stuff has been discussed a lot, but I got to thinking about it again today, and it really has been horrible.  I started ordering waves online a couple years ago already, so I don't notice it quite as much as I used to - but aside from three of the Sandstorm figures (at a WM), and two of the Hoth Luke wave (at TRU) I haven't seen a single figure past the TPM stuff at any store, all year long.  I know some have had it even worse (like no figure sightings at all outside of TPM).  Just crazy when you think about it.  Sometimes it is a wave here or there, but this year - at least so far - has been nothing since Feb.

Sorry, but which kmart exclusives? Other than the scout walker, you mentioned two packs and a speeder bike. Please explain. Thanks.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 19, 2012, 10:13 PM »
Sorry, but which kmart exclusives? Other than the scout walker, you mentioned two packs and a speeder bike. Please explain. Thanks.

The 2 2-packs have AT-ST pilots and the Ewok hijackers.  There will also be a speeder bike which comes with a scout and a clear floating stand.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 19, 2012, 11:05 PM »
  Just crazy when you think about it.  Sometimes it is a wave here or there, but this year - at least so far - has been nothing since Feb.

Yup.  Walmart and Target especially for me.  TRU got a trickle of the shocktrooper/sandtrooper/blue lieutenant clone wave last week.  And that's it.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 20, 2012, 12:55 AM »
Spotted the "lost line" wave at Walmart earlier today.  Looks like Walmart is back in the game.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1047 on: August 20, 2012, 02:18 AM »
Holy ****...  Well, nice of them to attempt to play along I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 20, 2012, 07:50 AM »
Quote from: P-Siddy link=topic=20805.msg546781#msg5
[/quote

The 2 2-packs have AT-ST pilots and the Ewok hijackers.  There will also be a speeder bike which comes with a scout and a clear floating stand.

Thanks for the info P-Siddy. I guess I'll be stalking all the kmarts in the area then.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 20, 2012, 09:16 AM »
Spotted the "lost line" wave at Walmart earlier today.  Looks like Walmart is back in the game.

There is no way any walmart around here is going to do that. They have some pretty tightly packed pegs of TPM crap. It's like no one bought any of it ever.