Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302712 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1230 on: March 30, 2013, 07:48 PM »
Got the decidedly not vintage collection items (they started there) Tusken Raider at 5 Below and Legends Stormtrooper at TJ Maxxx for $5 each. One AT-ST driver 2-pack for $5.50, the others are gone, baby, gone, locally, having checked 3 stores.  Too far to drive to try others.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 21, 2013, 01:09 PM »
Found Malgus and Imperial Navy Commander at Toys R Us, they must be shipping so much that even the scalpers are getting lax. Had to pay  $10 each, though. No sale this past week...of course, if there had been, I'd never have found them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1232 on: April 22, 2013, 08:41 PM »
There were 2 for $14.99 tags on the pegs at my TRU Sunday.  ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 26, 2013, 02:06 PM »
I picked up Malgus and the INC at TRU today for $14.99. They would not accept the 20% off coupon though, but I figured that. No sign of the Endor AT-AT...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 27, 2013, 06:23 PM »
Nothing worthwhile at TRU. I should've taken my reciept back for a price adjustment, but I forgot...and I hate dealing with service people...maybe because I know that all TRU employees despise collectors. They were innocent folks who thought working a toy store would be a fun job, then they discovered US.

Finally got an episode 1 Aurra Sing (i put off because I nitpicked the paint ops too much...OCD) and yet another Tusken Raider. Will the Discover the Force stuff ever run out? Who knows I may just buy Mawhonic eventually.  :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 30, 2013, 09:07 AM »
I have officially picked up the Endor At At.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1236 on: May 7, 2013, 01:38 PM »
This lack of buying anything is really weird for me...  I go out and there's not even anything worth looking at.  I'm not going to stores on the weekends like I used to, just to go in and see.  Wal-Mart, Target...  I haven't been in either for 2 weeks.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 10, 2013, 04:30 PM »
This lack of buying anything is really weird for me...  I go out and there's not even anything worth looking at.  I'm not going to stores on the weekends like I used to, just to go in and see.  Wal-Mart, Target...  I haven't been in either for 2 weeks.

Ironically, I wandered into Target to get a few grocery items last Friday and found a lone DST... the only TVC figure I was missing, and I'd pretty much given up on it months ago. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 13, 2013, 12:04 AM »
DST?   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1239 on: May 13, 2013, 01:57 AM »
Death Star Trooper...  Who, for reasons unknown, was called the Imperial Navy Commander on his vinty card.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 13, 2013, 10:53 AM »
I still see the INC show up from time to time somehow.  I bought another one this weekend just because I can't resist buying something new once in a while... ::)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 13, 2013, 02:34 PM »
Death Star Trooper...  Who, for reasons unknown, was called the Imperial Navy Commander on his vinty card.

Imperial Navy Trooper is what they are. But they never call them that.  I prefer to think of them as "Imperial Navy Death Squad Star Destroyer Trooper Commanders".

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1242 on: May 13, 2013, 02:56 PM »
Guy's title card on his office is a bitch for the maintenance crews to install.

I prefer Imperial Naval Trooper or Imperial Marine...  besides that, I thin INC and DST's are wrong but I'd have preferred Death Squad Commander or Death Star Trooper on the vinty card just because that's what it should be on the vinty card...  But Imperial Navy Trooper/Marine is what I prefer to call them too since they were dubbed thusly since the West End Games days.

INC would, in my mind anyway, loosely apply to the grey suited one though...  I view him as maybe an officer in the Marines...  overseeing the grunts in black tunics or black fatigues.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 13, 2013, 06:11 PM »
From now on, I'm just going to refer to him as "Bob."  Congrats on finding a Bob, Rob.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 15, 2013, 12:50 PM »
From now on, I'm just going to refer to him as "Bob."  Congrats on finding a Bob, Rob.

Thanks.  It's the small victories.