Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302709 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1245 on: May 16, 2013, 07:47 PM »
I found a single Imperial Navy Trooper 4 times in the last 2 weeks at TRU and Target. Along with the rest of that case.  My Walmarts have gotten zero for a year. Like since the Phantom Menace wave. Which is still on the pegs.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: May 16, 2013, 11:48 PM »
I still visit stores in hopes of finding new Marvel Universe stuff but it's always the same old same old. No stores stock Marvel (I've seen one new wave in the last six months), Star Wars pegs have zero vintage figures but are jam packed with Movie Heroes. Only stores that have Vintage are the TRUs and those are all Qui-Gons and Obi-Wans.

I'm 100% dedicated to LEGO now though.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: May 19, 2013, 08:38 AM »
Yeah, I have tried to find Herc at a few dozen places.  Finally found him at my comic shop for $8.50, which is cheaper than Target, TRU, or WM anyway.   ::) 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: May 24, 2013, 10:52 PM »
Finally saw the Endor AT-AT at TRU today. Can't say I was really impressed or disappointed, just disinterested. Nice to see a new Star Wars toy on a shelf again though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: May 25, 2013, 07:57 PM »
Picked today TVC Wedge Antilles  VC 28

IN LIMA, PERÚ

AT 12 DOLLARS  OR  30 soles

I highly recommend it!

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: May 28, 2013, 12:40 PM »
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:54 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: May 30, 2013, 11:23 PM »
I had an odd find yesterday in the form of the 2011 ROTJ Slave Leia and Captain not-Fordo from the same assortment, complete with white Boba mail-away forms, at Wal-Mart. Both figures were on the pegs with a ROTJ Han, and all three were in remarkably nice condition for being nearly two years old. I paid the 2011 price of $8.96 per fig. The strangest thing was that I had been to this Wal-Mart maybe a month ago, and these figures were not present, so I have no idea how they appeared.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1252 on: May 30, 2013, 11:49 PM »
I'd say maybe returns?  Wal-Mart takes anything back.  Either that or lost in the bowels of the store till recent.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: May 31, 2013, 09:20 AM »
I've see some odd returns at TRU too. Some AOTC figs, with parts of their Marshall's UPC stickers still attached. I wonder how that works.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1254 on: May 31, 2013, 12:46 PM »
Possibly a good receipt for the figures they bought, just getting the difference back?  TRU requires a receipt now though and as far as I'm aware won't even give store credit without one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 2, 2013, 11:21 AM »
I guess we can pretty much all agree that those so-called "greatest hits of Vintage" cases are never going to show up now, at least not through normal retail channels.  Target cleared out vintage back in the fall of 2012 and hasn't gotten anything since then; the three Wal-Marts in my immediate vicinity have not restocked since last fall's "lost line" look (which was the first time they'd restocked since the ROTJ deleted scenes wave in February of last year); and Toys R Us does get an occasional case, but 95% of the time it's yet another case of the Episode I wave, which means nothing else gets restocked ever.  Hasbro really screwed up with Vintage in 2012, and even though I still need Starkiller and Shae Viszla to complete my collection, I've pretty much given up hope of ever actually seeing either of them and/or getting them for a price that doesn't require the relinquishment of one of my organs.

Probably not the best thread to bring it up in, but I've pretty much given up on Hasbro completely across all their lines, with the exception of Transformers.  Star Wars is nonexistent, Marvel Universe is next to impossible to find, Marvel Legends are impossible to find, GI Joe is a disaster, and I now have an armless, headless Iron Monger on my shelf that will likely never be completed thanks to Hasbro's genius idea to split a BAF series up over two waves, pull a typical Hasbro move and overship the first wave, and retailers wind up not ordering enough of the second.  I kind of wish Hasbro would just stop producing SW toys until the new movies because it would save them money, since none of the stuff they develop and (supposedly) release to retail is showing up for people to buy anyway.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1256 on: June 3, 2013, 07:55 PM »
I think the greatest hits thing was merely Hasbro attempting to clear out the warehouse of TVC they claimed they had, which I believe, to any retailer that would buy.  I think some, we ultimately saw.  It wasn't like it was new assortments...  I think some of this stuff trickled out.  There's still DST's and other stuff surfacing at WM, TRU, and Target here and there. 

For the most part though I think retailers weren't biting even at a discount.  The whole TVC has seen retailers shy away a little more each year, and that's not just THIS year.  That's EVERY year of TVC...  It's not just been a TPM3D problem, is the point.  If it were, we'd have just had distribution woes this past year, and really we've had them since 08.  Things stagnated for all lines since then.  No surprise that the line's also seen steady price hikes since then, and declining popularity/media support as it got further and further from movie releases and Clone Wars declined yearly in ratings.

I think TPM3D was the final nail in the coffin was all, between the case packs and retailers basically shutting the valve off on a property they really made obvious they had no confidence in any longer...  All Hasbro basically did was gamble (and lose) on TPM3D's popularity and longevity...  It was doomed from the start.

Limiting the # of figures for the year might've helped.  Better case packs for sure.  But at the end of the day, this has been coming since 08.  Now they're looking at any way to regrab some interest while also focusing on a whole new direction for the franchise itself...  This "down time" was really very necessary to me, at this point.

What I just wonder is where the TVC will turn up.  By all accounts, including Hasbro, they have this stuff.  They just can't sell it.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 3, 2013, 09:12 PM »
I still don't think there is really any credible explanation for where all the Tarkin/She/Starkiller wave went. I have seen tons of Malgi and INC's by comparison. Unless they only made like 500 of that wave, it just doesn't make sense.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1258 on: June 3, 2013, 09:36 PM »
If they didn't ship (hardly) at all, then there they are...  not shipped.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2013, 09:37 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 3, 2013, 10:11 PM »
I still don't think there is really any credible explanation for where all the Tarkin/She/Starkiller wave went. I have seen tons of Malgi and INC's by comparison. Unless they only made like 500 of that wave, it just doesn't make sense.

Going back farther, where did the Bastilla and Echo Base Trooper wave go? Overseas? I've more or less written them off for all time.