Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302738 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2010, 02:26 PM »
TRU.  Brick and mortar.  AT-AT $99.99.

In front of the wife, which took balls.

BRAVO!!!!!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2010, 03:39 PM »
I also scored a AT-AT this morning at a TRU that I had been told the day before was getting one in.

I don't understand why the stores local to me are only getting in one AT-AT at a time.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2010, 08:37 PM »
Tonight I got:
AT-AT Commander
Dak
Cloud Car Pilot

Also got Clone Wars:
Cad Bane w/Speeder Bike
Plo Koon w/speeder Bike
Capt Rex Cold Weather Gear
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2010, 12:03 AM »
I picked up two Wal-Mart Jabba sets using the UPC code. Definitely a highlight product this year!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2010, 02:04 AM »
I wandered out to Target amidst all the reports of the resets, just to see how the reset was looking at my nearest store...

Well, lucky day for me they had put out all the new stuff.  They had the Vintage Collection, Legends, Clone Wars, Deluxe, Battlepacks, Vehicles, and the AT-AT (though none were left).

Lots of goodies.  Oddly, no Boba Fett and no C-3PO...  I bought everyone but the AT-AT Commander and Dak (for now since I already have them anyway), and Vader...  And of course 3PO/Fett since they weren't there.

Left the Cloud Car for now too.  Gonna nab that in August.  Got my Snowspeeder though...  I felt tingley in my bits and pieces.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2010, 10:41 AM »
One of our Targets fully stocked yesterday for the reset too, I almost fainted from sheer excitement. They had the AT-AT, plus the new Hoth BP's, and two rows of pegs full of TVC figures. I FINALLY got my MOC Boba Fett.  ;D

Also, at TRU, in case anyone cares, they appeared to have a newer wave of Legends out. The Han in Snow Gear was the giveaway.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2010, 10:50 AM »
They had the AT-AT, plus the new Hoth BP's, .

Wait, they already have the $40 Battle Pack with the AT-ST and Radar Gun?
They were not due until 10/1. LMK I will go on the hunt. I have not seen any other reports on this.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:11 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2010, 12:28 PM »
They had the AT-AT, plus the new Hoth BP's, .

Wait, they already have the $40 Battle Pack with the AT-ST and Radar Gun?
They were not due until 10/1. LMK I will go on the hunt. I have not seen any other reports on this.

Nah I think he's talking about those regular 4 figure packs.  Isn't there one coming out with a couple snowies and Vader and a winter biker scout and an E-web or something?

I might have just made that up but I think i saw pics of those.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2010, 01:37 PM »
There is but when he made Hoth BP's plural I had to inquire. I want to get clarification. October is going to be and expensive month between these packs and the Geo ones.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2010, 05:46 PM »
There is but when he made Hoth BP's plural I had to inquire. I want to get clarification. October is going to be and expensive month between these packs and the Geo ones.

Sorry, about that...I didn't look closely. Yeah, it was probably just the one. NOT the "Big-Daddies" that are Target exclusives. Kind of confusing with all this Hoth stuff coming out...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2010, 10:13 PM »

Sorry, about that...I didn't look closely. Yeah, it was probably just the one. NOT the "Big-Daddies" that are Target exclusives. Kind of confusing with all this Hoth stuff coming out...

No worries. When I read your post I was ready to go on the hunt, but figured you meant the regular ones. I am done until Wave 2 and the Target October exclusives. I have to currently rearrange my set up for all of this new stuff...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #56 on: August 1, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Got sick and tired of waiting for both local Targets to do their damn resets, so I picked up a Bespin Luke at TRU today. More than I wanted to pay, but I also wanted to mail the thing for Boba Fett so I don't get left in the dust on that one.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 1, 2010, 07:37 PM »

Nah I think he's talking about those regular 4 figure packs.  Isn't there one coming out with a couple snowies and Vader and a winter biker scout and an E-web or something?

I might have just made that up but I think i saw pics of those.

No, that's right. But just one Snowtrooper with tripod laser, one scout with bike and  ::) Vader. I briefly considered it today for $19.99 at Target before just buying one Snowtrooper on Legends card. Compare that battle pack to the 2005 Hoth Imperial set which included 4 figure, the tripod gun and the probe droid.  :(

BTW, Not sure it's known yet but the Snowtrooper no longer has the excessively wide stance the last Saga Legends release had (from those Hoth Scouts, no doubt). Downside, it has the full helmet dust spray over and the other weathering. I'd like them clean someday.

Also, I got the new weapons batch with the sandtrooper rifle. I managed to see it was included. It's hard to make out in the package, but you can see the chunky clone commando gun or the rifle's strap.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 2, 2010, 02:46 PM »
I picked up the first wave, the Cloud Car, Snowspeeder, and AT-AT walker this week.

The AT-AT walker is very impressive.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 2, 2010, 06:15 PM »
Picked up Jabba this afternoon at a Wal-Mart on the ghetto side of town. It was the only new product on the shelves.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks