Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302752 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #900 on: June 13, 2012, 04:58 AM »
Hoping my Malgus is coming soon - I joined in the rush to get him when he was on Amazon for $16 - but I was disheartened to see the report on JTA from someone who received the order already. The card was bent and damaged from the bubble wrapped envelope. Plus I don't know why it didn't dawn on me that the figure would come on tri-logo packaging being that it shipped from outside the US. Well I guess I'm getting my opener. I was actually hoping to keep it carded for display.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 13, 2012, 08:47 AM »
Yes, Amazon sellers are notorious for shoddy packaging and shipping practices. There is a very little quality control over there and not much recourse if you get damaged goods. (At least not the kind of buyer impunity you find on eBay)

I am seeing nothing new on the TVC front at all around here lately. The last store that got a fresh case sold through the new stuff in one day and now all the carryforward swag is pegwarming again.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 13, 2012, 11:20 AM »
Hoping my Malgus is coming soon - I joined in the rush to get him when he was on Amazon for $16 - but I was disheartened to see the report on JTA from someone who received the order already. The card was bent and damaged from the bubble wrapped envelope. Plus I don't know why it didn't dawn on me that the figure would come on tri-logo packaging being that it shipped from outside the US. Well I guess I'm getting my opener. I was actually hoping to keep it carded for display.

Since I already have a MOC un-punched Malgus and I already have my opener for home - my Malgus from the UK was for display at my desk at work where I already have other KOTOR stuff on display - and I plan on eventually adding Shae Vizsla and the Republic Trooper to as well... So it was definitely going to be an opener.

Same goes with the Imperial Navy Commander - the three I ordered were entirely for opening an having my "squad" of four of those guys. I'm hoping his head will swap with RFT or Cracken or Naboo Trooper so I can add some diversity.

I've always been curious to see if that sticker on the back of the multi-lingual cardbacks peels off - so here will be my chance....

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 13, 2012, 01:22 PM »
I got my Navy Commander from Amazon.com yesterday, and my Malgus today from the UK seller on Amazon.com today.  So I am caught up until the Starkiller wave starts hitting.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 15, 2012, 08:43 AM »
Got my three Imperial Navy Commander figures and the Darth Malgus for my desk at work from that UK seller yesterday.

They were in a box that was just slightly smaller than the size of a cardback so they all came bent, which is fine, since all of them were going to be opened.

I did discover that the EU stickers they plaster all over these figures do peel off just as easily as the offer stickers we get on the front of our cardbacks here in the US.

Nice to be finally "done" with Wave 3.

Keeping my fingers crossed that when Vintage finally breaks through at Target that it's the Tarkin wave - I need a bunch of Shae Vizsla, Starkiller and Clone Pilots.  ;D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #905 on: June 16, 2012, 03:59 PM »
Grabbed Hoth Luke, 501st Clone, and Wedge from Amazon just now. I figure they'll arrive all bent to hell, so these will probably be openers.

It sure would be nice to be able to buy these in store...
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 16, 2012, 08:06 PM »
I can't believe I actually found Hoth Luke, the new Vader and CW Anakin in a store!  My jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw these today.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 17, 2012, 01:30 AM »
I bought Hoth Luke VC 95 yesterday at Organa Collectibles Shop, in Lima, Perú.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 18, 2012, 08:17 AM »
Picked up Tarkin from Ebay. Got him in the mail.

Great likeness? No.

Does mankind need to be wiped from the face of the earth (yes), but not because of how horrible Tarkin's likeness is.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #909 on: June 18, 2012, 11:32 PM »
I thought his likeness was actually kinda nice...  not a great deco, but I thought the likeness was good enough.  The deco kinda blows from head to toe though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 19, 2012, 08:57 AM »
I received opener an Dr. Evazan and Kithaba.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #911 on: June 19, 2012, 02:15 PM »
TRU - Nothing
Wal-Mart - Nothing.
Target - INC!!!! I am up to 3 now with 17 to go... :P

It looks like they had 4 cases of the Darth Malgus case based on the number of CW Anakins, #93 Vaders and TPM figs on the pegs. The pegs have been literally empty with not a single figure for months, not even TPM. I have not went hunting in months so it was nice my first fluke run was successful as all 3 stores were on the same round minuets apart. I wish I could have snagged 2 INC's to have an even 4 but 1 is better than none!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 19, 2012, 03:22 PM »
Scored some new TVC figures thanks to the glories of online shopping!

___  VC58 - Aayla Secura
___  VC59 - Nom Anor
___  VC60 - 501st Clone Trooper
___  VC97 - Clone Pilot Davijaan (Oddball)
___  VC98 - Grand Moff Tarkin
___  VC99 - Nikto Skiff Guard
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #913 on: June 19, 2012, 04:01 PM »
I finally found something new at Target as well.  Luke Hoth and new Vader.  But other two Targets were dray as bones.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #914 on: June 19, 2012, 05:02 PM »
I finally found something new at Target as well.  Luke Hoth and new Vader.  But other two Targets were dray as bones.

At least there is some vital signs out there, it's becoming more frequent.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/