Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302720 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« on: June 28, 2010, 09:48 AM »
Well, I will be the one to start this new thread with the blessing of the staff. As Vintage is trickling in it's time a new thread is started. I scored ome stuff and have a tracking number confirming shipment!

I ordered the following In stock items from Toys R Us ON Saturday and today:
Luke Bespin x4
Leia Hoth x2
Han Echo Base x2
At-At- Commander x1
4-Lom x1 Vader x1
Denger x2
CC Pilot x4
Dak x2
C-3PO x2
Boba Fett x1
Cloud car x2
Snow Speeder x2
Cad Bane with Bike x1

Today was great because 1 item in your cart will be 50% off with the BGO promo and free shipping on orders of $49 or more. I did not feel guilty as I got free shipping on both orders. If they get the AT-AT in I will be very happy especially if I can get the second at 50% off and free shipping.

I loved getting an early start to spread the financial pain.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 10:15 AM by Jeff »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 11:50 AM »
I've had mixed success with the packing of shipments from TRU.com so I went conservative, so far I've only picked up:

1x Snowspeeder
1x Cloud Car
1x Pre Vizla
1x Aurra Sing
1x Grievous
4x Mando Guards

That's what I want to get to open of all of those, I'll wait until I see them in stores so I can pick out stuff in MOC/MIB condition.

I would have loved to been able to buy the Vintage stuff, but it's all out of stock.

Why doesn't the BOGO apply to each additional item? That's another thing that I find odd - I would have thought that for every two figures the second would be half off - that's how it would have worked in the store.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 02:48 PM »
I went all in to spread the cash drain for August/lat July. While I saved and have the stash it will be nice not dropping to much in one shot. I figured if any come smashed I can always return them for better ones or sell them. I am opening everything except one set of single figures. I agree on the BOGO but it does apply to the most expensive item so one of my ships was half price and shipping was free on both orders.

I am really juiced to get this a month earlier and the free shipping made it easy. When I ordered on Saturday they did not have Dengar or the Vehicles. When I saw the post on Yakface I wasted no time ordering. The CC and SS are in stock so I am not sure why anyone would not order them when you get on half off and free shipping. I will post pics upon arrival.

TRU.com please get the AT-AT this week, please get the AT-AT this week....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 03:42 AM »
Snow speeder, cloud car, Han, Leia, Luke, Threepio, Dak and Dengar from Toys R Us Uk.

I'm surprised how much I like the Threepio.

It's very easy to get him standing with the middle wires showing.
The removable panels snap into place really tightly.
The head isn't ball joint but is completely removable.
The lower silver leg also comes out really easily, it's a shame the gold one doesn't as that's the one he's holding near the end of ESB.
The open right hand makes for great " Over here ! " poses
There is detailed wiring on his palms.

My main beef would be that he seems a little short and the color is a little off.

The Luke is excellent and for those of you who are curious, the head fits perfectly on snow speeder Luke. His right hand comes off easy and the old medical tourniquet fits on fine. I think he entered my top five figures of all time.

Sorry I don't have photos!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 11:57 AM »
I picked up a Dak and three At-At commanders from one of the overseas vendors.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 02:08 PM »
I ordered the Snowspeeder from TRU.com. I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting any "Vintage" figures, but the $10 price tag was too much.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 03:20 PM »
Another TRU just south of here confirmed they had the vintage figures in stock in the backroom but refused to sell them to me ahead of the 8/6 date. I explained that a number of TRU's around the country were already putting these out this week, but they wouldn't budge.

Kind of frustrating the seemingly flexible adherance to this policy, but hardly surprising.

I foresee a repeat of the EU Wave issues with that 8/6 date. It's going to be ugly in some places I predict.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 03:29 PM »
The end of a line and the beginning of a line are rarely similar, so I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near the level of the EU wave, actually.  Those were figures on sale for $4.99, exclusive to one store, and getting gobbled up by everyone that found them... plus the end of the line, which (supposedly) has a lower production run.

This is all the new **** hitting at (supposedly) once, and everywhere.  Plus it'll reship.  *shrugs*  I'm not concerned.  These are the easier times collecting.

There's not supposed to be any flexibility to putting the cases out, by the way.  It's whether you have a store with employees who care about what the box says, or those that don't.  None of them SHOULD be putting anything out.  Those who want to go through the hastle to get an employee to get them the stuff, more power to you.  This stuff won't be hard to find soon, and might even be cheaper elsewhere.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Peakob1

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Just picked up a C3PO and the twin pod cloud car at a TRU in Denver. Jun 30Th so a month early, Awesome!!!
I'm sure they had the rest earlier today but I didn't get there till noon. I passed on the Vader, Boba and 4-LOM
I even got the C3PO for 4.99 because i purchased 2 items

Lucky Day! check your TRU's people!  ;D

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 04:45 PM »
I'm gonna go with a print-out from ToysRUs.com on the way home showing the TRU Item # for Vintage and see if they'll bring me out a case.

It's worth a try.  >:D
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 04:47 PM »
Just picked up a C3PO and the twin pod cloud car at a TRU in Denver. Jun 30Th so a month early, Awesome!!!
I'm sure they had the rest earlier today but I didn't get there till noon. I passed on the Vader, Boba and 4-LOM
I even got the C3PO for 4.99 because i purchased 2 items

Lucky Day! check your TRU's people!  ;D

Was it the one off Havana? I was just there last month!

Why do all the stickler, by-the-book TRU employees work here in VA? (rhetorical question only)

Could anything happen to them legally if they sold them early? Store sanctions, etc?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Peakob1

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2010, 05:20 PM »
the store on Mississippi actually! they also had the new blue tank and Anakin's star fighter in blue also.
I felt the same way when the EU wave came thru my neck of the woods they stuck so close to the release date that they were super hard to find
they told me 5 times they never heard of exclusive items like that... go figure (no pun intended)  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 07:10 PM »
Some things CAN happen, but there really only seemed to be strict enforcement by Hasbro in movie years when leaking stuff meant leaking stuff about the movies.  It doesn't seem to be as important these days.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 07:21 PM »
Some things CAN happen

So what CAN happen?  I've always wondered about that.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 08:36 PM »
the store on Mississippi actually! they also had the new blue tank and Anakin's star fighter in blue also.
I felt the same way when the EU wave came thru my neck of the woods they stuck so close to the release date that they were super hard to find
they told me 5 times they never heard of exclusive items like that... go figure (no pun intended)  ;)

Crap!  I was just there yesterday!
This is the way.

I have spoken.