Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302690 times)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 01:42 PM »
TRU here in NC has yet to relase the vintage figures as of this week.  Guess we'll have to wait until next month. 

the greensboro TRU had one case during the last buuy one get 50% off sale. Now all they have is a lone Zuckuss.  Where in NC are located?
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 04:49 PM »
They have K-Marts in Australia?!? Wow, they can barely keep them afloat here.

Any signs of Jodo Kast?

Yeah,K-Mart here does pretty well overall and is nationwide.

As yet no sighting of Jodo Kast.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 10:41 AM »
Well BBTS has shipped my AT-AT and Cad Bane Bike. I should have ordered two AT-AT's but I am hoping to take advantage of the TRU Buy one get one half off sale if they get it in stock before the sale ends. I ma very much looking forward to this beats.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2010, 11:56 PM »
It's all just too funny now. The right hand doesn't even know there is a left hand, much less what he is up to.

I found nearly all the remaining TVC Wave 1 figs I needed tonight at the very TRU that has been so insistent about NOT breaking the street date here. They had all the Legends and TCW stuff out too, plus the vehicles. (no At-AT)

I initially swung by after work and saw remnants on the pegs and thought "Cool" but I had to hit the ATM and was running late so I ended up going back about 2 hours later. I had hidden the 3 TVC figures they had left that I needed - Vader, 3PO, and Han. So I got there, and was in the process of walking back to the aisle when I notice a guy in the checkout line with a FULL CASE of the new TVC, PLUS another Boba Fett. I mean, he was literally holding the actual box of figures. So of course I stopped to talk to him and came to find out some pretty interesting news.

Apparently he had been over at the other TRU across town, the one that HAS been stocking Vintage stuff but is currently out, and they got on the phone with this local TRU near me and got them to bring a few cases out from the back while he drove over. (!!!) This is EXACTLY what I have been trying to get them to do for weeks now. Freaking amazing. I did notice it was a different cast of characters working tonight than the day crew I usually deal with. So maybe someone didn't know any better or something, I don't know.

They also had several pegs of the new Legends and Clone Wars figures, and the new TCW vehicles, so I don't think it was just this one guy's request that helped to open the flood gate, but who knows. Maybe the Manager at the other store told them to start putting the stuff out, or maybe the Hasbro rep gave them the green light.

I am sort of bummed that guy had to be getting a full case PLUS another Fett because he is the last figure I need now and he was so close to my grasp. But I couldn't really sweat that at the time because I was so stunned that this stuff was actually out on the pegs at this location.

I am definitely heading back in the morning to try and pick up that missing Fett because I know they got in at least 6 cases of the vintage stuff and they couldn't have put them all out on the floor yet. I also want to see if that guy I know is working there to get his take on what happened.

Sorry for the massive post, I just find the whole mess so amusing.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 11:57 PM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 09:52 AM »
I feel for you guys who've run into this issue.  I've been there before too.  I've been very lucky at my TRU.  I've found all the new Vintage/CW stuff, and at BOGO.  Definitely be paitent, it will be out there soon enough!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 12:19 PM »
By the end of August you'll all be able to fill a swimming pool with all the Vintage **** you'll be finding.

Don't let a handful of incompetent store employees get you too crazy.  If you find less than 100 of each of these figures by the end of the summer it'll be amazing.

Chillax, the big release is almost upon us.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2010, 12:23 PM »
Chillax, the big release is almost upon us.

Fo shizzo...
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2010, 12:38 PM »
Oh, I totally agree...at this point I don't feel any tension whatsoever, I kinda just find it funny. I have no doubts I'll be able to find whatever I need soon enough.

Quick update to my story from last night: I stopped by the same store this morning and talked to the guy I know who works there. Apparently after I left on Tuesday he sent an email to corporate asking what the deal was and could they stock these or not. He said within 10 minutes he got a reply stating it was OK to put these out. So they put out about 4 cases that day so what I originally saw on the pegs last night were remnants.

He went on to say he had held 2 cases back for him and myself, but these were the ones cracked open last night when that other guy came through. D'oh!

Anyway, at least now I know that they will continue to stock these as they get new shipments, so I'm not too worried about tracking down Boba. Still no sign of new Deluxe swag or the AT-AT - they do not appear to have any room on the shelves for it even at this point.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2010, 02:16 PM »
This whole thing about TRU putting these out weeks early worries me, here's why.

In two weeks, when Wal-Mart and Target put their stuff out, many collectors will already have what they want.  The stuff won't sell at Wal-Mart, and them being the biggest retailer, will tell Hasbro that Star Wars is moving very slowly, especially those more expensive, collector driven figures...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2010, 03:00 PM »
I think there are plenty of people who haven't had the chance to get these figures yet.  After all there are about a dozen WM for every TRU.  I'd be willing to guess that TRU represents something less than 20% of the total US sales of Vintage (WM~40%, Target~30%, everything else ~10%).  Even if those percents are off Hasbro has made it clear in the Q&As that WM and Target sell far more than TRU.

Went to my local TRU today and they didn't have the new Vintage figures out; not even peg tags for them.  They had Legacy, old & new Saga Legends and old & new TCW.  So atleast some of the stores are sticking with the street date.
I am not the Stig

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 03:30 PM »
I think there are plenty of people who haven't had the chance to get these figures yet.  After all there are about a dozen WM for every TRU.  I'd be willing to guess that TRU represents something less than 20% of the total US sales of Vintage (WM~40%, Target~30%, everything else ~10%).  Even if those percents are off Hasbro has made it clear in the Q&As that WM and Target sell far more than TRU.

Went to my local TRU today and they didn't have the new Vintage figures out; not even peg tags for them.  They had Legacy, old & new Saga Legends and old & new TCW.  So atleast some of the stores are sticking with the street date.

Oh, I know that WM outnumbers TRU. That's part of my point. If Wal-Mart feels that SW doesn't sell swifty, it will say so, and Hasbro will listen.  And, I'm starting to think that there's a lot less of us serious collectors than there once was.  Look at how slow these boards are, on a week when new product is hitting.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2010, 04:24 PM »
This whole thing about TRU putting these out weeks early worries me, here's why.

In two weeks, when Wal-Mart and Target put their stuff out, many collectors will already have what they want.  The stuff won't sell at Wal-Mart, and them being the biggest retailer, will tell Hasbro that Star Wars is moving very slowly, especially those more expensive, collector driven figures...

The overcharging of $2/figure at TRU made a lot of us stop and just say no to TRU.  I wanted 12 figures, but I bought one and left the rest.  I'm gonna go ape**** on Waves 1 and 2 though when I see it at Walmart.

Also, if that glut of Clone Wars product last year didn't discourage Walmart, I doubt anything will!  I didn't even see waves 8 to 11 at Wally with all the CW crap on the pegs in Legacy's spot.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2010, 05:06 AM »
Recieved my vintage case from bbts yesterday.  :)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2010, 10:25 AM »
I picked up:
2nd Big AT-AT
Deluxe Cad Bane with Pirate Bike (Really awesome!)
Jodo Kast
3rd Vintage C-3PO
A boatload of BAD figures for $4.50 each

All I will need to find now is the Wal-Mart Jabba Throne set and I can rest until wave 2. I heard some people have already found the Jabba set so it should be any day now.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2010, 02:25 PM »
TRU.  Brick and mortar.  AT-AT $99.99.

In front of the wife, which took balls.