Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302700 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #120 on: September 13, 2010, 02:30 PM »
I received some of the ROTS wave via BBTS, and was able to find a Jabba this weekend as well.  I don't think I'm keeping many other PT figures carded from this line, but I think I'll keep an Obi-Wan and Anakin from the ROTS wave, just because I think they look spiffy.  It is funny though, for all the "chase" factor of UGH (although they seem fairly common), I think the non-UGH stuff looks better too.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2010, 03:27 PM »
It is funny though, for all the "chase" factor of UGH (although they seem fairly common), I think the non-UGH stuff looks better too.

Agreed.

I picked up:
Anakin x3
Obi x1
Grevious x3
Magnaguard x6
Clone Trooper x5
Cody x1

Deluxe CW Obi-Wan with modified Sidecar Speederbike
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2010, 10:22 AM »
Came across my second case of wave two so far. Got another set of foils, Luke, Vader, Obi-Wan and Clone Trooper, but they're all dinged. Also got an opener magna guard.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2010, 03:46 PM »
I found 2 full cases of Wave 2 freshly opened last night, so I picked up a couple more Magna Guards.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2010, 06:13 PM »
I got the Cloud Car Pilot using a Meijer store 20% off coupon (I was tempted to get the AT-AT for $80). Decent figure, a bit short compared to the recent Cloud City denizens (who all were arguably too tall, especially the two security guards, and yes, even the ugnaughts). Now I need his ship to fly.

The only signs I've seen of wave 2 were some wave 1 UGH stuff, which I don't care about.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:14 PM by scockery »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 18, 2010, 08:46 PM »
My local Target seems to be behind on re-stocking TVC. :-\ Only ESB figures, and, shockingly, 1 ROTS Obi-Wan. They probably had more ROTS figures in the stockrooms.

Of course, an over-abundance on SL, and a few TCW figures tossed in for good measure.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2010, 07:49 AM »
My local Target seems to be behind on re-stocking TVC. :-\ Only ESB figures, and, shockingly, 1 ROTS Obi-Wan. They probably had more ROTS figures in the stockrooms.

I haven't seen any evidence of our local Targets having the ROTS vintage wave at all.

The wonderful thing about Target though is that they don't individually ring up each figure, so if for example, you bought the ESB wave at Target and then you buy the ROTS wave by-the-case, and say you don't want the Obi-Wan, you can return him using your receipt from the ESB wave purchase.

It's one of the reasons I always prefer to find figures at Target, but unfortunately, they seem to be the store that's lagging behind the others with the new lines....
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2010, 09:51 AM »
I'll bet that Obi-Wan was purchased at WM and returned to Target. I almost did that myself when I realized I didn't need that Obi-Wan.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2010, 10:49 AM »
Not an acquisition but the Millenium Falcon just popped up on HTS for pre-order:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/star-wars-millennium-falcon?BR=495&ST=SO&PG=1

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2010, 12:37 AM »
My Target is ALREADY falling behind on TCW AND TVC. :-\ This sucks big time. Tired of seeing pegwarming Hans.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2010, 06:08 AM »
My Target is ALREADY falling behind on TCW AND TVC. :-\ This sucks big time. Tired of seeing pegwarming Hans.

At least you're not drowning in Vintage Franz. ;)
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2010, 11:27 AM »
Not an acquisition but the Millenium Falcon just popped up on HTS for pre-order:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/star-wars-millennium-falcon?BR=495&ST=SO&PG=1

I noticed that TRU.com has this up for preorder as well, and it seems that both places have it at a higher price ($160-$180).  Zoinks.  I wonder if it is seeing a re-release for the holidays or something.  I'm not a boxed collector, but if they ever decided to stick this in a vintage box, man would it be tempting.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2010, 03:36 PM »
Rumors swirled that a vintage repackage of this was coming.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2010, 04:29 PM »
No signs of ROTS wave at Target yet, they are really getting backed up with Wave One.  Each store seems to have put out 5-6 cases each in the past week.

On the plus side, the Wal-Marts around here have been stocking ROTS like crazy the past week... I could care less if Target skips this wave altogether if it means that the ROTJ wave will be easy to find there.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2010, 04:55 PM »
I kind of think the same way, though something tells me somehow Target will get ROTS wave when we don't want it then.  That always seems to be how it works out.

TRU is dead in the water...  $10 figures are killing them.

WM's selling a buttload of stuff, especially since they dropped Legends and Clone Wars prices to what they should've been in August.

Target here though doesn't have much Wave 1...  Not a ton anyway.  There are pegwarmers, but it's the usual suspects of Vader, 4-LOM, the odd 3PO, and an occassional Han...  All the others in the wave have sold well, and Han's really moving well too.  Our Targets could stock again easily.