Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302707 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2010, 05:45 PM »
That's kinda what I see happening too, sometime in the coming weeks they'll be getting those ROTS ones in when Wal-Mart and TRU are putting out the ROTJ stuff... never know though.  Also for TRU, the jacked up $10 price actually doesn't seem to be hurting them in my area, which is weird.  They've had the best selection of vintage figures so far, so I guess that's why they are moving out here at TRU.

As for Vader, I've been surprised - he's really not pegwarming at all anywhere now at the stores I hit on a regular basis.  Not even at Target, who has a ton of Wave One still.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2010, 05:48 PM »
My TRU hasn't even bothered to restock vintage in over a month.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2010, 01:42 AM »
My TRU hasn't even bothered to restock vintage in over a month.

That's kind of how the ones I frequent are at this point.  The $10 tag is killing them compared to earlier in the new stuff when they were the only game in town.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2010, 02:10 PM »
Similar here.  TRU was moving things well when they were the first ones with TVC in stock, but once Target/WM got them they slowed down considerably.  Our Targets are stocked pretty well (although not full) of Wave 1, with no signs of anything else.  Wal-Mart(s) here have been pretty good with the ROTS wave the past couple weeks, with it selling and re-stocking.  Target would probably be better off skipping to the ROTJ wave at this point, but that isn't necessarily how it works.  Plus, who knows when that wave will end up hitting, as I don't think it is even up for preorder online yet.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2010, 07:15 PM »
Target would probably be better off skipping to the ROTJ wave at this point, but that isn't necessarily how it works.

I was thinking the exact same thing - Target around here seems so far behind the other two.

When are they gonna get the ROTS wave? When WalMart and TRU are getting the ROTJ wave?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2010, 11:44 PM »
Finished up the ROTS wave a couple nights ago when my local WM put out yet another case, which has to be like the fifth or sixth case of this wave they've received in the last couple of weeks. For this area, that's quite a bit. I picked up openers of the Magnaguard and Sidious and picked up a carded Grievous, who is the fastest seller around here. I'm undecided on getting an opener, due to the gummy plastic and the fact I'm going to hate the figure for that.

Also picked up some Empire wave figures I've passed on. I wish I wouldn't have bought C-3PO. I dislike it just as much as I thought I would.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2010, 11:50 PM »
I got two Grievous figures, and mine are as sturdy as the 2008 figure, and my 2008 figure hasn't ever fallen over.  I even have one of them in a walking pose with his hands behind his back like he does in the CW3D series.  I'd not describe him as "gummy" at all, really.

He's pliable, but I've found that figure quite sturdy since it first came out. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2010, 01:07 AM »
Then I had bad luck, I guess. Though there is also the lack of peg holes in the feet, which is bothersome.

I feel like Smithers on this one: "But this one has a new cape!"
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2010, 12:05 PM »
Found a lone TVC ROTS Wave Clone Trooper on the pegs at Target of all places. I'm thinking "return" as I have heard nothing about this wave making it to the shelves there yet.

I went ahead and bought it for the last UPC I need for Boba. Yeehaw.

If anyone wants this thing, minus the UPC, PM me.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2010, 10:43 PM »
Found a bunch of wave 2 at WM today. Got all the Sandtroopers I was planning to get, my second and last Magnaguard and the remaining foils I needed. Technically, I need to replace four of the 12 due to bad cards, but it's still nice to finally have found everything. Also picked up a corrected size Battle droid 2-pack.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2010, 11:34 PM »
I got today 24 sept the TVC bEspin Luke Skywalker, nice detail, but I don´t know how he bends his left arm. In other sites I saw his legs bent at knee joint, but in this toy seemed impossible.

I really liked this figure, is the first TVC item I bought.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2010, 02:25 AM »
He should have ball/socket joints at the elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, ankles, neck, and the waist/torso.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2010, 02:48 PM »
Thanks for The advice Jesse, I will try gently on him to bend his limbs.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2010, 07:21 PM »
It's not unusual for figures to have a hard time bending at the joints - it's just that since it's brand-new and hasn't been used before the plastic tends to be stiff and unmovable
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #149 on: September 27, 2010, 02:19 AM »
I picked up another Magna Guard and Dak today.  That's the first Dak I've seen in quite some time now.