Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 304700 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #255 on: February 9, 2011, 04:11 PM »
And when the heck is HTS going to throw some new SW stuff up for sale?

Co-sign. WTF? They're a wave behind on TCW, 2 waves behind on TVC...there hasn't been a new SW listing since the holidays.

They're like the "Toy R Us" of online stores.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #256 on: February 9, 2011, 04:43 PM »
Except they're actually fairly priced, and TRU's behind because they're putting themselves in that position with the price-hikes.

Hasbro Toy Shop I think generally is behind a little bit because the other larger retailers get serviced first.  Just a guess, but they're likely to get priority for a while, then Hasbro's own shop does.  Retail in general doesn't have a lot of the latest waves from either line out at the moment.  As far as I'm aware the last 2 Vinty waves haven't been sighted in Pittsburgh at all.  So I'd say it'll maybe be a little while till Hasbro's shop gets anything.  Probably once the figures start surfacing in a more regular fashion.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 10, 2011, 10:32 PM »
Finally got something going this week in terms of the Vintage line...

Picked up most of Vintage Wave 5 at my local KMart - someone had already picked out the Stormtrooper so I missed him

Picked up the entire AOTC wave at the Toys R Us where I work. Was really surprised to see them there. The price per figure was $9.99 and since this was the first time I've seen the wave locally, I snapped it up, if I can return them at a later date, great, otherwise, I don't mind that I spent ~$9 more than I would have at Target or KMart for a complete set.

Our WalMarts have been Dead Zones in terms of new product, some even have only one or two Vintage figures on the pegs and they've been sitting that way for at least three weeks - pathetic.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #258 on: February 12, 2011, 10:51 AM »
I got my AOTC case earlier in the week.  I found all of Wave 5 except Yoda at Wally last night. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 14, 2011, 09:31 AM »
I was in the North East this weekend, PA, and all I found was a R5 and Stormtrooper.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #260 on: February 14, 2011, 04:03 PM »
You're ahead of most in PA then Anton.  I've yet to see even remnants from Wave 4 or 5.  Nobody seems to be stocking anything anywhere.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2011, 06:25 PM »
Picked up Darth Sidious for $5.20 after $6.50 sale and a 20% off coupon at Meijers. Which is strange, cuz I'm not a Palpatine/Sidious fan, figured if I'm gonna get one I want a poseable one.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2011, 08:24 PM »
Found some AOTC wave at TRU. Since I really wanted the Padme, I went ahead and paid the $10. Now I wish I'd have ordered a set/case.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2011, 09:14 PM »
found almost all AOTC Wave 4 at K-Mart here.  With my Rewards points off, I got them for around $8 each.  I didn't get Anakin or Jango...  SBD was missing too.  It really sucked on not finding Ani but I got the rest and that's been way more than I've picked up in ages. 

I'm going to do more shopping at K-Mart now using their reward zone thingie...  It's my spite move towards Target.  I'll still stick with WM though for a while.  They seem to be sticking with MSRP's.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 20, 2011, 10:06 PM »
I'll still stick with WM though for a while.  They seem to be sticking with MSRP's.

TVC $8.96 at WM now around here...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2011, 10:57 PM »
I'll still stick with WM though for a while.  They seem to be sticking with MSRP's.

TVC $8.96 at WM now around here...

Savages.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #266 on: February 21, 2011, 02:06 AM »
Still $7.96 here...  till they decide to jack things up too I guess?  Looks like I'll do more searching at KM.  They generally get each wave in once, so I'll hope I can get most there, till they likely go up a buck then I guess I'm just hosed and will cut back more.

Offline NightVyper

• Youngling
  • KAboom!
    • View Profile
    • adamgracia.com
« Reply #267 on: February 21, 2011, 07:52 AM »
toysRus in NYC sell them for 12. that blows hard.
Left Blank For Symbolism.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #268 on: February 21, 2011, 04:48 PM »
When I was there last year for Toy Fair NYC's TRU had figures for normal price, and they had tons of Scanner Techs.  They may even have been on sale or something.  I bought a few.  I couldn't resist.  I even felt really weird doing so since it was my first trip there.

Figures at TRU's everywhere are $11-ish though I believe...  That's about what they cost here anyway.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 21, 2011, 07:00 PM »
Wave 5 showing up in my Walmarts if anyone cares.  Not a good situation between the price and sloppiness of this wave.  I hope nobody was looking forward to the Utapau clone, SEVERE yellowing/browning of the helmets already.

Wave 4 in Target.

That's how it is in my area of NY at the moment.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda