Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303349 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #480 on: August 18, 2011, 11:25 AM »
Picked up another TFU box set - this one is for Captain Piet...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #481 on: August 18, 2011, 12:33 PM »
sooooo front page says wal marts are stocking, do we have any reports of that here, any wave 7 sightings?

Most of the "new stuff at Walmart" reports around here have been over in the CW section - new dxl figure vehicle sets, new battle packs, the shuttle, etc.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #482 on: August 18, 2011, 01:44 PM »
My KM got Wave 6, no Wave 7, but they generally (after a reset like this) will get things in till Christmas now...  Also may run some sales, which will be nice.

Since I'd seen Wave 6 (and 5, and 4) steadily at Wal-Mart and a smattering at Target, I'm not really geeked to see them at K-Mart now in bulk, but right off the bat the AT-RT Drivers have sold, as well as most of the Endor Rebel repacks, and Dagobah Luke.

So stuff moved pretty quick already.

My WM's haven't done any resetting yet, but I was told by my friend who works at their district office that she knows new stuff was sent for resets and was to be put out with them.  That jives with an earlier report I posted on the front page of Wave 7 figures at a WM store I visit frequently (Fordo, Barriss, and a couple repacks from the Wave 7 case)...  however, I've not seen any other Wave 7 at any WM either.  It could've been a fluke, or it could've been a leak of a Wave 7 case. 

It also makes me wonder if Hasbro's coordinating WM's toy resets in some capacity, to clean out some of the older product and get more new out with it.  I'm wondering like if old Deluxe and new Deluxe are going to sit together...  WM goes by SKU # so it's not uncommon or a problem really, but I thought they may try moving the old style boxes out now.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 01:48 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 18, 2011, 02:55 PM »
Stopped by a Wal-Mart last night and they were in the process of resetting, and by resetting I mean moving all of the toys from one side of the aisle to the other. Absolutely nothing new was being put out, though I did see the new CW attack shuttle. Considering this particular sore has put out one new case of TVC figures since March, I'd hope to see something new very soon.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 18, 2011, 09:18 PM »
Finally got a Legends Spacetrooper....plastic seems a bit on the soft side. Why did they make him with a dent on his chest? Fun guy, anyway...might get more.

I like that the empty tray is there for the secret weapons...like they dediced to yank them late in the game.  :(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 19, 2011, 12:38 AM »
I caved and bought the KMart B-Wing tonight.  I had planned to wait or skip it, but that box is just so pretty.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 21, 2011, 01:29 PM »
Picked up the K-Mart B-Wing yesterday myself, but haven't had a chance to open it.  My store had gotten two of them in, but the boxes were dented to the point where even had I wanted to discard the box, I was afraid that the toy inside would be damaged.  Luckily, another K-Mart along my road trip route had two in more-or-less perfect boxes, so there you go.

2 of the 3 Wal-Marts near me have now "completed" their reset which, as Diddly noted, mostly consisted of moving the existing stock from one side of the aisle to the other.  The only things that got stocked were the new 35 dollar lightsabers (naturally), the Battle Packs, and the Shuttle. 

My Target actually did their little "end of aisle cap" thing for SW when they completed their reset, but most of the pegs for deluxes, vintage, and basic figures are either empty or were filled up with the Dengars, Sandtroopers, Cloud Car Pilots, and ROTS Clones that have been gathering dust since around this time last year.  I'm really at a loss to figure out what it is going to take for stores to actually get new stock at this point.  I've been with the modern line since it started in 1995 and I have NEVER seen the distribution problem be this bad.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #487 on: August 21, 2011, 05:32 PM »
My WM's are doing their resets, but here's what they're putting out...

-New mask things of Grievous/Clone
-New Sabers
-Last couple waves of CW figures (sorta good, I guess, but not the latest waves)
-New Deluxe (just stuck on top of the old deluxe)
-Shuttles
-Mid-size vehicle restocking
-Vintage Wave 6...  Lots of it.  :(

That's about it.

On top of that, Vintage Wave 5 is back with a vengence at Target, so basically yeah, Wave 7 is screwed, blued, and tattooed at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 21, 2011, 08:22 PM »
Man I just got back from Target and was going to post about how it was probably old stock, but I guess that's happening nationwide. Guess with Target having officially nothing anymore, I can cross them off my list for a while. Though there's one Target here that STILL hasn't reset.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #489 on: August 22, 2011, 12:21 AM »
I still have yet to see a single figure from Wave 7 here, aside from any of the remnants. Lucky for me my fiancee managed to find and by me a Bespin Han, Bom Vidim, and a Logray. Now I could only find the Fleet Trooper I'd be set.
"This is the way."

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 23, 2011, 05:24 AM »
I finally found Fordo at Hastings last Thursday. It was quite a surprise, since this store has had 1 Vintage figure at a time on the pegs since the line started last year (for months it was Echo Base Han, but the last month and a half it's been Peasant Anakin.) I wasn't even there looking for SW figs, I wanted Neca's Classic Predator (no dice  :( ).

I missed Fordo on my first pass through the toy section, but I caught a glimpse of the edge of his card on my way back; it was in between some CW and old Legacy figures. I almost didn't stop to see what figure it was; I just assumed from what little I could see of the card that it was Mace or the Super Battle Driod from the same case as Anakin. But I decided I should, just to be sure, and I'm glad I checked! Finally, the extra clone I painted months ago in anticipation of this figure has his gear!

The funny thing is, just a couple of weeks ago I thought about checking Hastings more often, because, as I thought to myself at the time, "maybe they'll get Wave 7 and the one figure they put on the pegs might just be Fordo!"  ;D

Now I'd just like to get a Delta Squad set, and I'll be good for a while.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 05:26 AM by Aucassin »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 24, 2011, 10:43 AM »
Our local TRU finally stocked the Delta Squad and TFU sets. They looked alright, but not something I need at all. They also re-stocked their vintage Y-Wings. Apparently they couldn't be bothered with ordering any new figures though, or re-stocking that elusive Yavin sled.

I have never seen an action figure that looked LESS like the photo on the box than Darth Phobos. Whoever designed that really failed spectacularly to capture the likeness of the character whatsoever.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 27, 2011, 09:22 PM »
I didn't actually buy anything at one Wal-Mart I visited last thurday, but I did rearrange all the Legends and Clone Wars pegs so that each one had an Obi-Wan figure of some sort in the front. HA! Take that, somebody! They still had at least one of that awful AOTC  or whatever Legends variant Obi-Wan there.  :-X

Years ago, I did the same with Darth Vaders.  >:D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #493 on: August 29, 2011, 02:37 AM »
Picked up a Peasant Ani at WM today...  I've now seen Wave 5 and 6 hit Target hard, and Waves 4, 5, and 6 hit Wal-Mart very hard, in the last couple weeks.  I gotta say, I'm highly disappointed as my WM had gotten in those 3 waves steadily since they've been out.  :-\ 

Peasant Ani was cool since he's been the only one to consistantly be sold out other than maybe Jango, but I still could've done without seeing stuff like this returning.

Plus it means more ROTS Clones.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 31, 2011, 04:40 PM »
Came across a Spacetrooper today and brought him home.