Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302749 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #630 on: January 2, 2012, 05:10 PM »
Our Target did a bit of a reset as well last week, although I have to think something else is coming soon as there isn't room for "Movie Heroes", etc. right now.  I did notice, at least at our store, that CW only has one peg now.  Vintage had four, and Legends had two.  The Shuttle is also still full price here, as well as everything else I could see (the Landspeeder/Taun Taun packs disappeared at Christmas or shortly after).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 5, 2012, 06:43 PM »
Found a Target with the Landspeeder and Luke's Tauntaun on clearance. Only snagged the Speeder since I haven't seen one in ages. Probably won't get the Tauntaun unless it's still there next week.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 7, 2012, 10:46 AM »
Finally found another set of the wave nine figures for opening and picked an opener Luke Taun Taun on clearance. I'm content for now but wouldn't mind another Hoth Reb or two.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 7, 2012, 07:24 PM »
Saw the move heros line at Walmart today. They were still the same price as the legends stuff. Obiwan and Quigon look really terrible. I guess if I needed yet another beeping R2 I could pick this one up. They had repacked sith infiltrator and battle droid tank with a price raise.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 7, 2012, 09:51 PM »
I found seven Echo Base Troopers at the Star Tours gift shop in Disney World.  They were only $11.95, so not too much more than retail.  Since they were out of Star Speeder 1000s, I spent about what I had budgeted.  I've never seen this guy locally on the pegs, and to see him warming the pegs was odd.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 7, 2012, 11:05 PM »
Attack of the Clones Blu-ray 4-pack, another Wal-Mart clearance...checked vintage, still not on clearance (some Wal-Marts do have them half off).

Saw some dad talk his kid out of getting R5-D4 (!) and into getting clearance legends/clone wars since it was a better deal. See how seperate lines fail the non-collector?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 8, 2012, 07:55 AM »
I found seven Echo Base Troopers at the Star Tours gift shop in Disney World.  They were only $11.95, so not too much more than retail. 

Geeze.  If it were 2009 and we were looking into the future at this statement, we would probably guess the date was like 2018-2020 somewhere.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #637 on: January 11, 2012, 10:58 AM »
Been very inactive lately but I managed to score some nice stuff

StarSpeeder (2 weeks ago, well worth the money!)

Wal-Mart:
TPM Anakin x2
TPM Queen Amaidala
Battle Droid
Royal guard
Dofine
BenQuad
AAT ($25 a very nice upgrade and the deco is solid. I will definatley pick up another)

So far I am really liking the TPM stuff, very well executed I cannot wait to find the others. I will have to pick up some STAP's to rebuild that army. I really do not get the street date just put the **** out already.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 11, 2012, 03:33 PM »
I'm up to the following now, all from Wal-Mart except for the Amidala, which was a gift:

Ben x 1
Rats x 1
Anakin x 1
Amidala x 1
Darth Maul x 1
Quinlan Vos x 2
Daulty Dofine x 2
Darth Sidious x 2
Naboo Guard x 3

I've seen at least 6 of each figure in this wave now at retail, all in the past 72 hours... good fortune on my hunts lately, which will probably take a 180 soon.  I'm glad Wal-Mart didn't put these in the system as "DO NOT SELL" or "ITEM NOT FOUND" or "SEE MANAGER" or whatever... and if my TRU order gets cancelled, I'll be fine.  I don't think this wave is going to be that tough to find.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #639 on: January 11, 2012, 04:58 PM »
Nothing of Wave 10 has hit shelves yet here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 12, 2012, 02:33 PM »
Picked up the ROTJ and ROTS blu-ray packs at Wal-Mart clearance. Now, the only one I lack is ANH.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #641 on: January 12, 2012, 05:56 PM »
Oddly, ANH is the only one I see.  I kinda would've liked one or two of these but I've passed because I just look at the line as one whole at this point, and now I'm just cutting back even on stuff that's older/clearanced.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 12, 2012, 07:15 PM »
I bought 2 vintage Gungan Scouts and 1 vintage Mawhonic from the world-famous tunghori on eBay this morning.

Since 10 AM, he sold 30 Mawhonics and 15 scouts, proving once and for all that Gran are twice as popular as Gungans.  I'm sure Jar-Jar is to blame for that one.

He still has 160 Gungan Scouts left and 120 Mawhonics.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 14, 2012, 01:47 PM »
Thanks for the heads up!  Tunghori still has some Gungans and Mawhonics in stock.  And at $7.99 each they were pretty reasonable.  I scored 4 x Gungans and 1 x Mawhonic.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #644 on: January 14, 2012, 02:44 PM »
I'm debating whether to go with Tunghori or wait for WM.  Really only because I want the stands with the figures!