Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303346 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #750 on: March 3, 2012, 06:40 PM »
They treat employees like crud.

Oh.  What does Walmart do to it's employees?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #751 on: March 4, 2012, 09:58 AM »
No healthcare, non-competitive salaries, limiting of hours, spur-of-the-moment schedule changes, etc. It's pretty much acknowledged as one of the worst employers to work for.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #752 on: March 5, 2012, 01:06 AM »
So I nabbed a set of Deleted Scene guys, all full price, this weekend.  I left Leia, bot the rest as all I wanted a double of anyway.

Great wave...  Not opened them yet, too tired, but I'll be happy to get to that when I'm not exhausted, and then I can go back to sort of drifting in and out of giving a poop about the line again till more new figures I care about hit shelves and I get that "new figure panic" going on again.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #753 on: March 7, 2012, 04:03 PM »
I picked up some more DTF army builder figures today after reading that the few carry forwars may not get rereleased afterall on several sites. It seems there is some cases revsisions coming so I do think it's a good idea to get them if you see them. I picked up 1 of each of:

Ric Olie (x3 total)
Nabbo Pilot (x6 total)
Gungan (x6 total)
Destroyer Droid (x3 tota,l need one more)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 7, 2012, 04:16 PM »
I picked up some more DTF army builder figures today after reading that the few carry forwars may not get rereleased afterall on several sites.

Wait? What?

Does this mean they are pulling back on the Naboo Pilot, Aurra Sing, Mawhonic and Gungan coming out on Vintage cardbacks?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #755 on: March 7, 2012, 06:53 PM »
I think this is speculation at this point.  There's a lot of it going around and to be honest I'm not sure why.  The vintage line in particular appears to be doing well. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #756 on: March 7, 2012, 08:34 PM »
I didn't read that anywhere either...  Unless it was in Scum's forum or something, which at this point I'd take anything anyone posts in there with a grain of salt.  The "rumors" coming out of there are largely bunk anymore.

I'm pretty done on DTF stuff anyway to the point I don't think I was even going to buy any of the vintage counterparts anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 8, 2012, 11:56 AM »
After all the chatter about the elusive Astromech BP going around, I snagged the last one I could find in this area today over lunch.

This same Walmart had dropped their clearance price on old Clone Wars figures to $1 a pop, but I didn't think to price check any of their old TVC stuff. Will definitely start doing that though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 9, 2012, 10:42 PM »
Picked up another complete set of deleted scene figures tonight at Walmart for $4 again, with an assist from Keyan Farlander.

Same scenario as last time, Keyan scanned fine at $4 but the rest did not ring up at all. It was a little easier to just get them to scan Keyan 5 more times though and be done with it. I guess they want as little hassle as possible at night.

Interesting thing was though - ALL of the Deleted Scene figures were actually on the shelves IN the clearance section, right next to the $1.50 Green Lantern figs. Looks like they just dumped the whole case in there. And this was not even all that close to the toy aisles.

Crazy-ass Walmart!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 10, 2012, 09:51 AM »
Seems we're in another slump in one of the largest cities in country. Never saw any of the WM exclusive BP's and have still not seen hide nor hair of the deleted scene figures. All product that I actually want.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #760 on: March 10, 2012, 04:21 PM »
I don't know if it's a slump or you getting beaten to the punch Anton...  I ran into similar situations, and those WM battlepacks were just practically non-existant from the get-go.  I was just thinking about the droid pack the other day, and how oddly impossible to spot it was for me.  Wouldn't mind another now if I saw it, just for some BAD diversity.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 10, 2012, 09:36 PM »
Wow, I hit paydirt tonight. After months of not finding anything I stumbled across a Bastila, Echo Base Trooper and Keyan Farlander and an Atlantic Superstore in Canada being blown out for a measly 2.44 a pop. Glad I passed for so long on ebay prices.

Offline Sybeck1

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 11, 2012, 08:23 AM »
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=9481

Is Walmart pulling vintage in your area? Read what happened to me here.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 11, 2012, 11:27 AM »
Frankly, that sounds like a load of crap.  Or something one of the dumb WalMart clerks will say in order to get a collector to stop bothering them.

I can't even count how many times I've asked a WalMart associate for help only to have them say something stupid like "Oh, I think we're not even carrying Star Wars anymore".  It's something they say so that they can get you to go away because they don't want to deal with a customer.

Now is it likely that figures are getting boxed up and put in a stock room?  Sure.  WalMart is probably wise to the whole pricing issue and that they've probably lost a significant ammount of money recently.  They're probably pulling the figures so that the UPC's can be sorted out and they can charge the appropriate ammount for a figure.  Once that's done you're probably going to see figures back out on the pegs at full price and collectors lamenting the days of $4 figures.

And frankly, I don't know who looks more ridiculous because of that article:  the WalMart employee who utters that line of crap, or the person who hears it and believes that WalMart is shipping ALL OF THEIR STAR WARS FIGURES TO BENTONVILLE, ARKANSAS FOR REPRICING (caps for emphasis). 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:33 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #764 on: March 11, 2012, 05:54 PM »
WM isn't shipping anything back here...  Not that I'm aware of anyway.  Matter of fact they just put out more Deleted Scene figures, actually.  Picked up an extra (Mc)Cracken this weekend, but wasn't much else I wanted from the wave left.

I'm with Nick, I honestly don't believe that...  Shipping back is a MAJOR step for a retailer, and costs $, so I wouldn't believe that till I saw it happen en masse around the country.  :-\  I too have seen and personally heard WM (and Target, and TRU) employees spout anything they can to A) quiet you, and B) get you out of their hair. 

Sucks, but I'm not the only one to experience that at, well, just about every retailer I've ever dealt with...  It's a big reason I avoid customer service if I am able.  They rarely do what their job title implies.  The military has a fun saying of, "that's above your paygrade", and I think that's applicable. :P

But if figures were being sent back, repriced, and shipped out again for less money, I'd be totally in favor of that, haha.