Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 305240 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #795 on: April 3, 2012, 05:47 PM »
Found a case of Deleted Scene figures at HEB, a local Texas grocery chain. Snagged the Leia I still needed along with an extra Lando and Luke. Best part was they were only $7.98 each!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #796 on: April 3, 2012, 07:05 PM »
Wow...  $8?  Just...  wow.  That's a nice deal.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 7, 2012, 03:20 PM »
I went to my local Target, Walmart and TRU and absolutely nothing is moving. They all still have lots of first wave of ep1 crap. I'm never going to see later waves at these stores.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 7, 2012, 10:35 PM »
I'm never going to see later waves at these stores.

Seconded, and now with all the movie heroes crap taking up space why would big box employees care to restock or order more. With the price of gas, hunting just gets harder and harder.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 8, 2012, 09:56 AM »
Thirded. Down right frustrating.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #800 on: April 9, 2012, 01:20 AM »
I haven't even gone looking really in 2 weeks.  Used to make a trek out over the weekend a couple places while I shopped, but nothing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 9, 2012, 02:27 PM »
Something I've noticed at our local stores too, is that the CW/MH stuff is completely just mixed together on the pegs.  I'm really glad we currently still have the different line look for Vintage, or we'd never see any of those either.  I guess that is one good reason that the first couple waves of CW are just repacks for the most part, because I don't know if they'd see the pegs with all the MH stuff hanging about.

I mentioned this in another thread, but we're approaching 2 and a half months out from the "launch" of the TPM 3D line - and things look largely the same at our local retail.  Vintage has sold through decent, but I think (at least locally here) people must have gotten their fill of the TPM wave because it is beginning to hang about now too.  CW/MH seems to be mostly untouched, as well as the repacked vehicles, BPs, etc.  Some of WM's Discover the Force stuff is a bit rarer (I don't see Aurra Sing or some of the others at all at our stores anymore), but really that is about it.  Really stagnant.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 13, 2012, 09:44 AM »
Oh. My. God. Finally found some DS figs on the shelves at TRU. Picked up 2 Leia's, a Lando and Cracken. Weird that Leia doesn't seem to be moving as much.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 13, 2012, 11:26 AM »
I havent seen anything in months.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #804 on: April 14, 2012, 03:22 PM »
I found a lone Cracken at my local WM, but since was the only guy I wasn't interested in, I left it. I did finally find a MH Anakin that had decent enough paint, so I bought that instead. Still can't seem to find a Padme or Jar Jar from the same wave that was decent enough to purchase- seems all the Jar Jars are cross-eyed and Padme has one side of her face painted terribly.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 17, 2012, 09:46 AM »
On a bit of a roll. A forumite texted me last night about a full case of the DS wave. By the time I made it, the A-Wing pilot was gone, but I was able to snag the others. Yeah.

So all I need is a carded A-wing pilot. If anyone has an extra, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 20, 2012, 09:37 AM »
And things keep rolling. I found another Cracken and an A-wing pilot on the pegs.  Looks like the case was washed away in a flood, so all the cards were warped which may explain why they were left behind.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #807 on: April 22, 2012, 06:48 PM »
Bought a random Senate Guard.  Nothing out at WM, Target, or TRU here worth buying really.  DS wave still non-existant.  We're just now getting the second go-round of WM Exclusive battlepacks actually, as this weekend is the first I've seen the restock of the droid set.

How long ago did those start showing up?  We've gotta be on the ass end of the distribution highway, haha.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #808 on: April 25, 2012, 05:34 AM »
I bought 10 Vintage Sandtroopers from HobbyStock.cn tonight.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 26, 2012, 02:46 PM »
Finally put the deleted scene wave to rest. Got my opener Luke and customizable A-Wing pilot and Cracken.