Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303288 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #885 on: June 7, 2012, 04:53 AM »
I'm a dumbass who hadn't seen any of the posts about this anywhere, but fortunately the Malgus came up in my recommendations.  I ordered a Malgus and two Imperial Navy Commanders.  Looks like the seller still has more Death Star Troo--er, Imperial Navy Commanders, but is out of Darth Malgus.  I've already been notified that my order has shipped, and the seller has really good feedback (only three recent negatives, one from an illiterate guy and two who were negatively reviewing the product they got rather than the seller).
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 7, 2012, 07:21 AM »
very cool - I just woke up to seeing my Malgus has also been shipped!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: June 7, 2012, 08:11 AM »
Yep - same thing here - my three Imperial Navy Commanders and my extra Darth Malgus all shipped. So now we all get to see (a) how long it takes to get the figures; and (b) if this was the real-deal...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: June 7, 2012, 08:38 AM »
I just saw the seller has Malgus back in stock, but he doubled the price  ;)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: June 7, 2012, 09:27 AM »
Found the pegwarming remnants of the Nom/Aayla wave again at Walmart last night...RFT and Logray. It's always those two. :(

re: Malgus

The crazy hype over this thing is starting to reach Wedge proportions. People are psyched about "only" paying $17 for this figure? And just a few months back everyone was complaining about having to pay $10 a figure with the relaunch. Distribution woes really seem to do a number on our perspective.

I just can't justify paying a cent over MSRP for this thing. I'd like one, but not at scalper prices.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: June 7, 2012, 10:04 AM »
 Way I looked at it was at $16.50 shipped, that was about retail plus shipping and handling.

I'd feel better about that rationalization if I only bought one figure; buying three at that price reminds me of the night I spent in jail with a burly biker named Ben.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: June 7, 2012, 10:13 AM »
I agree McMetal, and if you knew me - I just might be the thriftiest collector there is.  I keep all of my receipts handy, and if I find lower prices I do returns - constantly.

But I am growing tired of the hunt.  It is beyond ridiculous.  $16.50 for a figure that is hard to find AND being shipped all the way from the UK?  I rationalized this by realizing I have been ultra thrifty in the past - this is an exception.   ;D  Same for the $15 INC I ordered from amazon.  Now that figure is slated as being, for the moment at least, probably the most difficult figure to find in the Vintage line.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: June 7, 2012, 11:47 AM »
But I am growing tired of the hunt.  It is beyond ridiculous.

This sums my feelings up as well - I am SO tired of the hunt. SO tired of going into my local stores and finding either (a) nothing or (b) remnants of the Phantom Menace wave.

I keep hoping that something is going to give, but I'm at the point where I'd rather just be "done" with a wave then waiting forever for the chance that a wave may or may not start to break through the flood gates.

The one WalMart that got the Evazan wave (the version with the repacks, not with the 501st) is now sitting on multiples of Rebel Fleet Trooper, Bespin Han, Logray, Barriss Offee and a single ARC Trooper Commander. The Evazan wave figures are LONG GONE and now this store is clogged with a case and a half worth of figures that NO ONE is going to buy.

I feel bad for the folks that found the Bespin Han wave hard to find last year, and something should have been done to help meet demand, but not at the expense of making the Malgus wave, Evazan wave or Tarkin waves hard to find at retail this year.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: June 8, 2012, 09:33 AM »
I got to agree with you. That phantom menace wave is going to sit there as long as the Saga General Rikeen is sitting at my local RiteAid this minute. Nothing new is coming to these stores ever.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #894 on: June 8, 2012, 01:17 PM »
I picked up a Red Banada Kithaba for $11 and the Naboo Duel BP (For the heads) for $23 on eBay.
Like everyone else I have to echo that retail really sucks. I had business trips to CA and IA in the last week. I hit several stores and came up empty handed in other states.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: June 12, 2012, 03:56 AM »
Got my Tarkin wave + Malgus set from BBTS today.

Great wave - don't mind Tarkin that much either. Guess I'm just glad they finally have him on a Vintage style card-back.
Peter

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #896 on: June 12, 2012, 09:11 AM »
Got my Tarkin cases too, nice overall.

-Tarkin is better in hand than the pics on the web, I was worried but I really like him. I do wish the green was toned down a notch.  The mouse Droid is really great and should be the standard Imp Officer accessory.

- Nikto really steals the spotlight for the wave. By far the best figure of the bunch. Very well executed, a must have.

Shae is nice but the unmasked head is really ugly. The figure looks better with the helmet head.

Starkiller is a nice figure with a ton of gear but I am really bored of the guy. He has had more than enough figures and I do not want to see him ever again. It's hard to get excited about him due to overkill. This is the best version of him but I really always like the Light side figure the best of all of the ones out there.

Oddball - A huge waste of tooling that could have went to more deserving figure to upgrade. They tooled up a new head, helmet (very nice), calves and ankles. Even the blaster looks updated again. They cheaped out on some deco detail on the chest area, they did not paint the grey like before. The grey color is very light compared to the other pilots so he does not match up. He looks...Odd.
No one was clamoring for this guy, it makes me question why they bothered to tool new parts for him. I can understand a staright redeco but seeing this makes me wonder why not upgrade a better character like Garindan (Upgrade arms and legs). i would love him on a Vintage card.

I also got the upgraded Barriss with better face deco and more solid blue saber in case. The case breakdown was nice but why repack Bom Vidam for the 3rd time and not the INC???

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: June 12, 2012, 02:45 PM »
The case breakdown was nice but why repack Bom Vidam for the 3rd time and not the INC???

Agreed - having the INC and ANH Darth Vader in the same case as Tarkin would have been a slam dunk. To throw good ole Bom into this case was just poor assortment planning.
Peter

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #898 on: June 12, 2012, 03:12 PM »
The INC should have also came with that new Mouse droid :D Bom is a real headscratcher. If they insisted ona Cantina patron this would have been a perfect time to get Ponda back out there. Bariss was a useless carry forward too. 501st Clone would have been nice replacemnt for her.

They really need to repack both figures ASAP...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #899 on: June 12, 2012, 04:23 PM »
Thanks to my local bud Jim, my Wave 4 and 5 are coming together.  I'll be on figure overload once I get all this stuff.  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77