Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302788 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #930 on: June 27, 2012, 09:21 AM »
Stories like that remind me of this:
http://youtu.be/8C-e96m4730

and this

http://youtu.be/749iU2Zv1kw

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #931 on: June 27, 2012, 09:19 PM »
Sooooo...  After literally a month or more of hitting the same K-Mart pretty much daily, today they got in new Vintage figures.  They got new Clone Wars (Boss wave) Monday too.

Anyway, they got what I believe is Wave 4 Revision 1...  The one with Wedge, and some Wave 3 carry-forwards.

I nabbed pretty much all the Wave 4...  Got a few of the Wave 3 repacks for customizing and extras.

BTW Kithaba is the brown bandana...  Not sure if it matters to anyone.  Evazan is pink scar too.  If there were more notable variations I wasn't aware of what they were in this group.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 09:19 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 27, 2012, 10:14 PM »
Not a purchase, but I saw the Movie Heroes Anakin at a Wal-Mart today.

This would be the first new figure I've seen since I snagged the Blu-Ray Deleted Scene wave on February 29.

So four months of seeing absolutely nothing new.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 28, 2012, 08:53 AM »
Picked up the Bespin BP at local Target yesterday. I don't open them so I can't speak to the lack of articulation, but I really liked the way the three figs looked together in the package. Left the Naboo set.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 28, 2012, 10:11 AM »
Not a purchase, but I saw the Movie Heroes Anakin at a Wal-Mart today.

This would be the first new figure I've seen since I snagged the Blu-Ray Deleted Scene wave on February 29.

So four months of seeing absolutely nothing new.

At least you saw the blu-ray deleted scene wave. I still see a ton of Qui-gon. I hate Qui-gon. :'(
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JDH1173

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm not just a member, I'm also the owner!
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 28, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Not sure if Tuesday Morning restocked, or just found a store that no one else had.  Found a Tie Pilot and another Logray, left the Obi Wans and a Yoda.

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 28, 2012, 06:47 PM »
Kithaba is the brown bandana...  Not sure if it matters to anyone.  Evazan is pink scar too.

I found this wave last Sunday at Walmart, but there was no sign of Malgus and the INC.  The Kithaba I got was the red bandana version; and the Evazan had no scar.  Looks like we got the opposite figures, huh?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 29, 2012, 12:34 PM »
Got my Tarkin who looks WAYYYYYY BETTER in hand and also Nikto, very cool as expected, today from Amazon.

update:  have to say it again, the Nikto is AWESOME!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:38 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #938 on: June 29, 2012, 07:38 PM »
I'm with Smash on this...  Tarkin got some undue blasting, by me included.  The pics really seem to not capture the figure's quality.

His deco and paint aps in general are ****...  And to another point that's pretty inexcusable nowadays considering figure costs.  I expect insane quality because I pay for it on a single tiny figure, but it's not as bad as I first feared.  The uniform color is actually not AS bad even.  And the softgoods skirt bit doesn't look attrocious either.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 1, 2012, 05:49 PM »
Not a purchase, but a sighting: both new tvc battle packs (naboo/bespin) @ Target today. They had 2 of each, but all were in pretty banged up packages. Will be curious to see how quickly these sell through...

Another local collector found the Tarkin/Starkiller wave at Walmart across town today...he texted me earlier. That is one stunning score, things have been really bleak lately as far as the prospects for new figures here. Hope to see more of these around town soon...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #940 on: July 1, 2012, 11:49 PM »
I'm with Smash on this...  Tarkin got some undue blasting, by me included.  The pics really seem to not capture the figure's quality.

3rd'ed.  Tarkin is much nicer than I was expecting based on those initial reports/figures.  I was prepared for the worst, but he's actually pretty middle-of the pack on the "awesomeness" scale.  Lots of figures have been worse than this one... not perfect of course, but better then I was lead to believe.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #941 on: July 2, 2012, 03:28 AM »
What got me the most was how decent the softgoods were...  I really expected them to look like poop.  They're not that bad.  Not ideal of course...  The DST's new skirt bit is ideal (flexible, slit at proper spots so it opens and allows leg movement), but the softgoods are nice and will be appreciated if he ever gets a chair.

The uniform color is off, but it's not off to the degree pictures made it seem...  It's not horrific.

My two gripes are the boots are apparantly wrong, and I really felt his face/hair deserved a far better deco.  The sculpt's good for his likeness, but the paint aps and skin choice and whatnot, they're just all wrong IMO.  That's where it failed for me ultimately.  With a character like Tarkin too, his striking appearance trumps a lot of other details too.  I could deal without totally accurate boots if they'd gone the extra mile on his skin tone and hair deco...   :-\

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 2, 2012, 10:22 AM »
Not a purchase, but a sighting: both new tvc battle packs (naboo/bespin) @ Target today. They had 2 of each, but all were in pretty banged up packages. Will be curious to see how quickly these sell through...

I saw these at Target yesterday.  I had to get the Naboo set because of the outstanding facial sculpts for Kenobi and Maul.  But I was unimpressed by the Bespin set, and left it there. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #943 on: July 2, 2012, 02:48 PM »
Found Tarkin today and I agree with everyone he is much better in person.  The card is the highlight here, but glad to have him.  Nikto is a work of art.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #944 on: July 2, 2012, 05:01 PM »
Where'd you pick him up at Darby?