Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302679 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #975 on: July 12, 2012, 12:02 AM »
Checked out a target and TRU I usually don't go to anymore. TRU had a Yavin rebel/sled. Just obiwan/quigon. Target next door was worst. They raised their prices for CW and vintage to $11.29. All they had was obiwan/quigon and twin pod car pilot, endor rebel and zuccus.  Legends were $9.99. They did have the Vader/Young Anakin two packs for $14.99. First time I've seen those. Also had the Vader/Luke/Fett battle pack for $24.99. What a pile of suck!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #976 on: July 12, 2012, 01:03 AM »
Man oh man, all the stuff like Dengar, Endor Rebel, CC Pilot...  That stuff went away when Target was cleared out here for the most part.  I wonder if that isn't collectors returning older stuff on newer receipts post-pegclearing...  That's stuff I've not seen anywhere but places like K-Mart or out of the way Wal-Marts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 12, 2012, 10:55 AM »
Mishawaka IN WM got a case of the Starkiller wave - I grabbed Starkiller and Oddball and I left Tarken and Nikto (Shae was already gone).  They would not ring up so thankfully they just punched them in as a Toy Dept item and I had them price match TRU's $7 for this week.  I also broke down and grabbed Super articulated movie Spiderman.
I grabbed the 2 new 3 packs at Target yesterday but I probably will not keep them - they were $27!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 13, 2012, 05:46 PM »
None were technically vintage but I got like 20 used, kid owned figures and a senate pod at a yard sale for $3. A few are missing hands/lower arms. Also, an old MASK figure and a dino rider human.

Included the imperial R4 unit and that hoth R5 with the black head. Sweet.

some kind came up after I was about done digging though the mess of toys on the ground and asked if I'd seen an R2-D2 and I gave him the light-up/sounds R2 I had set aside to buy. He'd do more with it than I would. (i have one anyone I got recently). I was just buying every Star Wars figure that wasn't galactic heroes because they were there.

Yard sale finds that good are rare. I passed up two mighty muggs, still in boxes, the other day for $2 each. Tarkin and hoth Han Solo, IIRC.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:47 PM by scockery »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 19, 2012, 10:03 AM »
Thanks to trading with DocPadawan, I got another Nom Anor.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 19, 2012, 11:26 AM »
Finally found a Light-up Darth Vader and updated Hoth Pilot Luke in the Movie Heroes wave 3 assortment. Both were beat-up which is fine since I needed openers and MOC ones, so now I just gotta find the ones I'm gonna keep on card.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 20, 2012, 09:11 AM »
I found those movie heroes figures and the Bespin BP and didn't pick them up. It's kind of hard to go from high quality to low.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 22, 2012, 12:08 AM »
Got Rogue Two Snowspeeder with Zev Senesca for $10 at a yard sale. Pretty good shape, a few paint rubs. Yeah, its outdated now, but I never had this version of the snowspeeder (undamaged with the flaps).

Another rebel transport speeder at TJ Maxx, mainly because I can't find anything locally to buy. Also, I know some collector will walk into that store see the 3 Geonosian speeders there without the rebel speeder and get mad. Spread the disappointment around... >:D

Even TRU was pretty barren...which is annoying because that means they sold some of the crappy movie hero figures...people bought them, Hasbro will make more.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:09 AM by scockery »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 23, 2012, 04:36 PM »
Stopped at a local HEB to get milk and found they had remnants of Wave 4 in the toy aisle. Snagged a variant Barris Offee, scarless Evazan, and brown bandana Kithaba.

Definitely looking to trade the brown bandana Kithaba for the red one. Not sure if I'll trade the Evazan or Barriss yet, I kinda like the scarless Evazan better than the scarred one I got in my HTS case
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 23, 2012, 11:01 PM »
What is a variant Barris Offee?  Are you just talking about the Lightsaber hue or something different?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #985 on: July 23, 2012, 11:38 PM »
Her decoes noticeably better...  I wasn't going to hang onto her, but I'm now looking to pick one up.

What I wonder on Offee, did they fix her spooky foot or what?  The 2011 figure had the lopsided leg lengths.  I hated that.  It truly ruined her figure to me, and I'm hopeful they fixed that because nothing's as distracting as having to have her standing "walking" kind of, just so her legs are even.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 28, 2012, 01:13 PM »
Actually found some wave 5 at my Kmart that hasn't restocked since last year. Got Tarkin, Oddball and Nikto. The EU figures got snatched up by the hotwheels guy. Also found another INC at Target which I am putting up for trade.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 28, 2012, 06:08 PM »
Tell that Hot Wheels guy to stay on his own turf or you'll raid his stupid toy car aisle.

Got R2-T0 at a yard sale for $1. *Yes, technically a Legacy figure*

Ebay sellers claim it's worth $20 by itself...or MIB with Watto...do those twits ever check what each other is asking for stuff?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 28, 2012, 09:53 PM »
Found vintage Tarkin and Vader at TRU today. They were buried under some lightsabers.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 28, 2012, 10:00 PM »
Well, it took buying up every last pegwarming TPM figure, but I finally forced my local Target to restock vintage, after literally six months.

I cleaned them out Monday and have been checking back every day since. I couldn't get out today though and was only able to swing by around 9pm but as luck would have it a new full case was still on the pegs.  :D

I was able to score Malgus (!!!), the INC, Hoth dude, and Clone Wars Anakin. I didn't see anything else that looked interesting, except for maybe the Vader, but meh.

I literally did not think I would EVER see Malgus on the pegs, so this was extremely gratifying to me personally, especially having done the "leg work" to get him there.

They also restocked the Clone Wars figures I bought up...with another case of Wave 1. =FAIL
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy