Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302705 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1005 on: August 3, 2012, 07:34 PM »
Two of the local Targets just completed resets and designated space for the 3-packs. The first one only had the Gonk Droid set, no Snags, but the second one had pegs filled 6-8 packs deep....with last years's editions. Yep, loads of Dengar sets and a couple Bossk/IG-88 sprinkled in. Yecchhh.

Arrived in DE for vacation this evening and happened to see all the light-up MH figures at the Giant grocery store of all places, even Vader. Weird.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 3, 2012, 08:25 PM »
I heard of people finding him.

I picked up the TRU Ewok and Pilots multi-packs just now. Nice, but at 40 bucks a pop, ouch.

Yeah, Ouch.

I got a $5 off purchase of $25 or more TRU coupon...some fools left it behind at the post office. Good until early September. Hmmm...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1007 on: August 3, 2012, 09:23 PM »
Off to TRU tomorrow hoping to find the ewok set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 4, 2012, 02:38 AM »
I heard of people finding him.

I picked up the TRU Ewok and Pilots multi-packs just now. Nice, but at 40 bucks a pop, ouch.

you have the upc number handy?

update:  think I found the item number:  item number 790723
« Last Edit: August 4, 2012, 02:42 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 4, 2012, 10:59 AM »
I found Darth Malgus and Starkiller at TRU a few days ago.  They're for trade.

I'm looking for Imperial Navy Commanders. blue clone lieutenants and red shocktroopers.

PM me with good news.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1010 on: August 4, 2012, 08:41 PM »
Saw that my WM has condensed vintage to two pegs...  This, I'd imagine, may have something to do with the line coming to an abrupt halt of sorts this year.  However it doesn't bode well for past waves hitting in any kind of quantity?   :-\  At least at that store.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 5, 2012, 05:21 PM »
Didn't buy it, but I saw a couple of the Vintage box KMart exclusive B-Wings at TJ Maxx.  I think they were $20.  I hadn't seen that before in Marshalls/TJ Maxx.  So if anyone missed this on clearance at KMart, might want to look for it at the closeout stores.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1012 on: August 5, 2012, 05:56 PM »
I think JTA or someone posted those showing up at those stores, but were $16.99? 

The K-Mart pricing is clearance + extra 50% off and they run it fairly often actually...  So if they do that again the KM stores are still the better option ultimately but $16.99 isn't terrible and TJ Maxx seems like a pretty widespread chain...  not that KM isn't, but certain areas seem to have none of them anymore.

The B-Wings are still available here at KM so I imagine they'll be back at an additional 50% off soon. :)

Sometimes that deal's outstanding...  I picked up some of the Mandalorian Jodo Kast guy they had for like $3 each at one point during one of those sales.  That was a pretty slick figure too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 5, 2012, 07:11 PM »
I have nothing bad to say about K-Mart.  I scored an AT-AT during a clearance sale last year for about $30, a few of the deluxe Tron figures for about $6 each, and more recently, a B-Wing for $14.99.  Can't wait for the exclusive 2-packs to show up.   
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1014 on: August 5, 2012, 07:50 PM »
I got my Turbo Tank there on one of their extra 50% off's on clearance too...  super cheap.  Wouldn't have bought it any other way.  I forget what it cost now but less than $40.

Doesn't hurt that I have only seen 2012 Vintage figures (outside TPM wave) at KMart...  Very little anywhere else.  KMart is ordering though...  Just one more reason it looks like less an issue with distribution and more an issue with who's doing the buying to me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1015 on: August 6, 2012, 08:51 PM »
Saw the new AT-ST Pricetags out...  $35 is not bad on this...  I'm really geeked on these exclusives coming out or soon to come out.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: August 6, 2012, 10:59 PM »
I snagged a Wave 16 case from Nerd Rage Toys - arrived today.  Nicely packed, minty, and unpunched on both sets of cards.  Not bad NRT - I would order there again.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 7, 2012, 12:21 PM »
TRU in times square had a slight reset. There was no ewok or pilot set, but after eight months of the same menace and movie heroes crap, I managed to get a moff tarkin, wedge and DS Luke. For my NYC collectors they also had odd ball clone pilots, bom vindim, star wars carded vader,hoth Luke and the other skiff guard nikto. Hopefully the end of summer and the fall will turn things around for us. Oh yeah, I picked up the. Scout walker at-st from kmart. 40 bucks for this bad-boy; gonna wait for a clearance sale to pick up another.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: August 7, 2012, 08:24 PM »
Picked up two Vintage Collection AT-STs from my local K-Mart on the way home from work. They were $34.99 each.

Glad to have the vehicle out of the way, now just need to score the 2-packs....

If the Ewoks/Pilots hit my local TRU this week - it's going to end up being a VERY expensive week for me...  :-X
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 8, 2012, 08:13 AM »

If the Ewoks/Pilots hit my local TRU this week - it's going to end up being a VERY expensive week for me...  :-X

I just noticed TRU.com has both of these sets listed now, but I do not believe they have been in stock yet.  The are probably going to wait until Sunday so they don't have to give away a Move Legends figure  ::)