Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302699 times)

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1050 on: August 20, 2012, 10:15 AM »
I'm sure this has been discussed in other topics, please bare with me a sec. Idk if you've all seen the video of hasbro reps at the sdcc talking about distribution and what they expected from TPM wave. I know there are fans of this movie and this wave. I don't know any personally but why argue. I'm just amazed, confused, surprised at hasbro for really pushing this wave, which of course centered around the 3D release, but its sad they really believed this wave and everything tied to it was going to take off. The original phantom was released in 1999. It has been over a decade since the world had seen a new star wars movie much less purchased a new figure. When that phenomenon broke out people wanted to feel like they were part of a movement so they raced to get anything old or new that was star wars, not knowing what a disaster that movie would turn out to be.

Now that the dust has settled and the smoke had cleared, consumers have had time to come to their senses about this movie and this wave. I know the kids want this wave and some older collectors too but this over abundance of this wave is and was sickening. Get it off the pegs/shelves and consider it a loss. Hasbro gets a D minus in my opinion where TPM is concerened.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 20, 2012, 11:16 AM »
I think the plus of the wave (from the collector's stand-point) was we got 10 new figures, plus Obi and Qui-Gon).  I was excited about the 9 of the figures and got them.  I think the problem was they were over-produced and then there were a lot of carry-overs into the next few waves which clogged the pegs (indefinitely?).  Instead of carrying over more TPM figures, they should have stuck in Wedge, Gammie, RFTs, and other cool, but HTF figures from last year.

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 20, 2012, 11:50 AM »
P, I'm glad you were excited and I'm sure you weren't the only one. I agree with you on the over producing factor. Hasbro really thought this was going to 1999 2.0; I'm for one glad sales showed them that it wasn't and hopefully they'll start listening to all consumers and not just a specific targeted demographic. P, also agree with you about them including HTF figures with this wave. It might have helped sales better.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 20, 2012, 12:23 PM »
Hasbro really thought this was going to 1999 2.0; I'm for one glad sales showed them that it wasn't and hopefully they'll start listening to all consumers and not just a specific targeted demographic.

Yeah, I agree with this, too.  I'm more of an OT person, so if they would have had 12 new A New Hope figures (or even 9 new figures with Han and Luke Stormtrooper and Obi-Wan), I think the response would have been more favorable (at least in my opinion).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 12:24 PM by P-Siddy »

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 20, 2012, 12:55 PM »
Same here on all counts. Original Trilogy all the way.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 20, 2012, 01:28 PM »

This is why my theory will be that Build-a-Droid will stick around for the rest of the 3D re-releases of the PT and when the 3D re-releases of the OT hit, we'll be back to the Vintage line and it will be during that push that they will finish redoing the original 92 and updating the remainder of the POTF2 figures.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 20, 2012, 01:34 PM »

This is why my theory will be that Build-a-Droid will stick around for the rest of the 3D re-releases of the PT and when the 3D re-releases of the OT hit, we'll be back to the Vintage line and it will be during that push that they will finish redoing the original 92 and updating the remainder of the POTF2 figures.

From your lips to Gods ears. I hope your theory is right. I need a fully articulated updated Bib Fortuna.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #1057 on: August 20, 2012, 03:30 PM »

From your lips to Gods ears. I hope your theory is right. I need a fully articulated updated Bib Fortuna.

An absolute must-have! I'd also like Leia Boussh.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline jedicrippler

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 20, 2012, 05:59 PM »
Spotted the "lost line" wave at Walmart earlier today.  Looks like Walmart is back in the game.

Same here.  The WM I was at had apparently just put out the case before I got there as all 6 figures, both cardbacks, were still there.  Haven't seen that much new TVC stuff since February.  I still haven't seen the Malgus wave or the Tarkin wave.  My buddy did find a Hoth Luke & ANH Vader along with Aayla & the 501st last month & then a week or so later I found Wedge, Evazan & Kithaba.  First new stuff either of us had seen at all since, again, February.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1059 on: August 20, 2012, 07:15 PM »
Nice to hear Wal-Mart might give a hoot again.  Thanks for further confirmation on this JC, and good seeing you again.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 20, 2012, 07:25 PM »
I got a Nom Anor, Starkiller, Malgus, and Shae Vizsla in the mail from Brian today. It's great to finally see Nom and Starkiller in-person. They look awesome.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 21, 2012, 05:14 PM »
Got the Lost wave from BBTS yesterday. Nice way to do a case. The irony though, is that I had planned to, and did, open the lost line set. All of those came pristine. The Vintage carded ones didn't. Not all, but some had some kind of minor defect. My luck.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 22, 2012, 10:08 AM »
Just snagged Tarkin and Nikto off of Amazon... $31 after tax and shipping. ::) But that basically catches me up on everything I want except for the INC and the Lost Line wave.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1063 on: August 23, 2012, 01:07 AM »
Yavin Rebs last Sunday, Ewoks tonight...

Also nabbed a few vinty figures at a local K-Mart.  dingleberries from the Shae Vizla wave mostly, but I did get my 2nd Tarkin, finally.

Lego Blind Pack Wave 8 is out too. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 23, 2012, 10:35 AM »
Scored the Yavin Pilots and Ewoks sets this morning. Glad to have them done with....   :)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!