Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 303444 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1080 on: August 30, 2012, 11:55 AM »
Spotted more Lost Line figs at TRU this morning. The LL variants were gone, as was the extra Vader (seriously, VADER is the first one gone?), but the Vintage versions of everyone else remained. Snagged the Sandtrooper and left the rest. Once I stop blowing my money on college football tickets I'll order a case.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 30, 2012, 02:12 PM »
I bought the Ewok multipack over lunch today, the TRU across the river got a case in this morning, but $40 was a hard pill to swallow. Buyer's remorse has already started to set in, so I am not sure about keeping this one.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline bellboy

• Youngling
  • So be it, "Jedi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 31, 2012, 02:46 PM »
Found the lost line at my local TRU today. Picked up 3 Leia's and 3 vader's. 2 on vintage card and one on lost line. What was even sweeter was the BOGO 50% off deal. Also picked up a non SW item. Kraven the hunter. Good Friday has come twice in one year.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 31, 2012, 03:28 PM »
I got my TRU Ewoks and Pilots sets in the mail yesterday.  I like the sets, but the $85 hurts...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 31, 2012, 03:47 PM »
People complain about the prices, but it comes out to $8.50 a figure, which is better than what we've (or at least I've) been paying for figures lately.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1085 on: August 31, 2012, 04:54 PM »
Picked up a vintage Shock Trooper, Clone Lieutenant, and 2 Sandtroopers at TRU today. The sale on them really helped this purchase. Kind of nice to get them for $7.50 each.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 31, 2012, 05:00 PM »
People complain about the prices, but it comes out to $8.50 a figure, which is better than what we've (or at least I've) been paying for figures lately.

Exactly. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1087 on: September 5, 2012, 11:17 PM »

I think the argument could be made that the Pilots are a tad half-assed though...  At least 2 are anyway.  The Ewoks, sorta the same, but they just seem easier to do that and still get them decent. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 11, 2012, 06:36 PM »
Finally ordered my Lost Line case from EE yesterday. Just need to track down some INCs...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 11, 2012, 06:47 PM »
I still can't find any "new" TVC (or CW) figures, but I've managed to track down nearly every other new item (and extras) that I need over the past week: K-mart AT-ST, Maul Returns BP, TRU Speeder Bikes & add'l Ewok & Pilot sets, and the MTT at WM.  Nice to find some new stuff out there, but with the exception of the Ewok & AT-ST Driver 2-pks coming to K-mart soon, there's not much else on the horizon.  It looks like I'll probably be heading back into another 6 month dry spell now.
Softgoods suck.  Almost as much as the Prequels.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #1090 on: September 11, 2012, 07:56 PM »
I still can't find any "new" TVC (or CW) figures, but I've managed to track down nearly every other new item (and extras) that I need over the past week: K-mart AT-ST, Maul Returns BP, TRU Speeder Bikes & add'l Ewok & Pilot sets, and the MTT at WM.  Nice to find some new stuff out there, but with the exception of the Ewok & AT-ST Driver 2-pks coming to K-mart soon, there's not much else on the horizon.  It looks like I'll probably be heading back into another 6 month dry spell now.

I'm actually a little excited about having some time to beef up on At-St pilots, rebel pilots, speeder bikes, etc...I'd rather get doubles and triples of some of those things than the rerererererereleases I'm seeing in the upcoming BAD waves.

I know, the stuff I'm excited about is also resculpted stuff, but I'm just not very excited for AOTC onslaught.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1091 on: September 11, 2012, 11:20 PM »
Bought 2 Yavin Hangar sleds w/Techs in the past 2 days...  Kinda cool.  Marshalls is still getting these in and they're a great set.  I'm gonna custom up one of the myriad of sleds I have I think.  Got a bitchin' idea for one tonight while I was out.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:47 PM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #1092 on: September 12, 2012, 09:02 AM »
Bought 2 Yavin Hangar sleds w/Techs in the past 2 days...  Kinda cool.  Marshalls is still getting these in and they're a great set.  I'm gonna custom up one of the myriad of sleds I have I think.  Got a bitchin' idea for one tonight while I was out.

Are those out in good numbers or just scattered? I never saw one in the wild, and Marshalls online doesn't seem to have toys.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:47 PM by Jeff »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 12, 2012, 01:54 PM »
Last week I grabbed a B-Wing from K-Mart for $8 (!!) and then found a B-Wing pilot on the pegs at the WalMart near me (not sure where this came from) and grabbed it for $4, both items to go into my son's tobybox for the future.  A full B-Wing setup for $12?  Sweet!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 13, 2012, 10:42 PM »
Scored a pair of Biker Scouts with Speeder bikes at TRU this evening.  And I was very pleased to see that they honored the BOGO offer.  Two speeder bikes for $35 and change was far better than the $21.99 each they would normally cost.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback