Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302723 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1095 on: September 17, 2012, 11:22 PM »
Found a 501st trooper at a grocery store and happily snagged it since I only have the AT-TE Gunner version from 2005.

Also got my Lost Line case from Entertainment Earth.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1096 on: September 17, 2012, 11:33 PM »
Wait, you found the 2005 501st Trooper at a grocery store?  That's funny...  not as funny as finding 8D8 at a Rite Aid, but funny still.

Or did you find the 2012 501st Trooper?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 17, 2012, 11:37 PM »
No it's the Vintage one I found... I meant that I only have one 501st figure period, that being the 2005 version, so I was hoping the new TVC 501st would have hit a little better.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1098 on: September 18, 2012, 12:09 AM »
Hell he's so far back I forget what wave he was in now...  this whole year's been a silly blur.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 19, 2012, 08:13 PM »
Waves 9-11 finally showed up in Canada.  I'm not sure why but I picked up the Sandstorm Luke and Leia; Lando wasn't there.  Ponda Baba wasn't there either unfortunately because I need a sixth version of him. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: September 20, 2012, 04:09 PM »
Hell he's so far back I forget what wave he was in now...  this whole year's been a silly blur.

Distro has been so bad I cant even keep track of who all im missing at this point, its been no **** about 6 o 8 waves

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1101 on: September 22, 2012, 10:39 PM »
Made a run out-of-town today with Darby and Matt R. trying to score some swag, namely the K-mart 2-packs and the Maul BP. Didn't find either of those, but I did grab an AT-AT in the blue box and a V-19 Torrent, so it wasn't all bad.

Pretty disappointed in the distribution as well. I've forgotten how many figures I am behind, and the Maul BP is like non-existent around here, but I was still happy to grab an AT-AT.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1102 on: September 23, 2012, 04:07 PM »
I nabbed the Maul pack, left a couple behind...  Trying to sell a couple figures from it or take it back.

Oddly surprised to see that the Snaggletooth set was SERIOUSLY depleted but the droid set was pretty stagnant.  Snags is a cool set but I'm just kind of shocked that thing disappeared.  There were tons around here just the week prior.

Seeing "Lost Line" vinty figures everywhere now, but usually remnants.  One K-Mart had a pretty complete set though.

Got a rogue Fleet Trooper at a very out of the way K-Mart.

No 2-packs this week and sounding like they dried up.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 23, 2012, 07:47 PM »
No Snags here, just as well...still don't want to pay $18 for one. Passed on the Maul set...if Maul had  swivel wrists and Savage his lightsaber...might have bit the bullet.

Same Target that hasn't gotten any new carded figures since March as far as I can tell.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1104 on: September 23, 2012, 11:54 PM »
...and now the Maul BP is out of stock on the Target website, yet in stock at one of the stores I hit yesterday. I could just about puke. This is one of the worst-distributed exclusives I've ever seen.  :(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: September 24, 2012, 09:46 AM »
I think the power droid/ snaggletooth three packs were pretty awfully distributed at Target. I never saw either one of them.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: September 24, 2012, 03:30 PM »
Both Vintage 3-packs are clogging pegs at my local stores. Haven't seen a Maul set in a few weeks, but I haven't gone into Target in a while.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1107 on: September 24, 2012, 07:14 PM »
I think the power droid/ snaggletooth three packs were pretty awfully distributed at Target. I never saw either one of them.

Part of me wonders if that isn't just the "bad luck" part of living on the West Coast compared to the East...  at least as exclusives to Target go.

The DPCI trick was being exploited a LOT during their initial sightings due to the DPCI mix-up and people getting them for cheap.  Since they were surfacing on the WC first, I really think those stores got pillaged fast either for legitimate purchases or scalpers looking to turn a hefty profit.

I got my set from the West Coast actually, for very cheap, thanks to a buddy of mine...  Even with shipping, packaged even, it was far cheaper than even the sale this past week.

It seems the further east you went though, the more these ultimately sat, and ultimately they also weren't blowing out the door as readily for $6-ish. :)  They were $24 here when I first found them at a local store and never saw them cheaper till last week.

If I hadn't gotten them already I'd have bought them at $24...  I liked them enough, but it would've hurt the wallet choking down that Fett figure, and 2-1B and the DSD.

Offline SoloSS

• Youngling
  • I don't know, so sue me
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: September 24, 2012, 08:38 PM »
I recently found two Lost Line figures at Toys R Us stuffed in odd places around the toy section. Has anyone had much luck finding these out and about?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1109 on: September 24, 2012, 09:53 PM »
Actually yes...  This weekend I saw remnants at my nearby WM, and I found a full set at one K-Mart and remnants at another.

I also saw a full set at Toys R Us.

Now finding Wave 3, 4, 5, and maybe 2, would be a surprise for me. :)