Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302710 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1140 on: October 22, 2012, 07:05 PM »
Last week I wasted a trip to Toys R Us, Marshalls and Five Below finding nothing worthwhile or new. TRU, I H8 U.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 24, 2012, 10:51 AM »
2nd
H9 TRU >

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 31, 2012, 03:17 PM »
With Disney buying LFL, my luck has changed. I found four ewok sets and two pilot sets at TRU. They also had the entire lost wave cards. Vintage card versions of the blue clone, sandtrooper, shock trooper, vader and jar jar where there too. Target had vintage CW Anakin for $11.59 for some reason.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 5, 2012, 10:07 AM »
I just bought 4 loose Royal Guards shipped for $11.00 each from one of the Asian sellers, viperskingdom. Doesn't have the EU accessories, but I don't need them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 7, 2012, 09:48 PM »
Busy couple of days...

The older figures came from a guy on anotheR Site, the TVC Guards and Troopers came from Amazon, Snaggletooth 3-pack from Target using their $5 off coupon, and the AT-ST Drivers are obviously from K-Mart ($14 for both sets after rewards points... woohoo!).

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 8, 2012, 05:45 AM »
Over the last week I've gotten my two cases of the Final TVC Wave from EE, two more Royal Guards from Amazon, and a Darth Malgus from McMetal.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 11, 2012, 12:17 PM »
For the first time ever, I saw a case of 2012 wave 3 (the wave with Evazan, 501st Clone, Kithaba, etc) at retail, when one of the local Walmarts put out a case out of the blue.  This WM hadn't put out a case of vintage figures since 1 case of the ROTJ Deleted Scenes wave in February, so to say I was shocked was an understatement.  I wound up getting another Kithaba (to put on my Skiff display) and grabbed Dr. Evazan for a friend who collects the Cantina aliens.  If it wasn't for vintage being EOL, I would hold out hope of finally being able to get Starkiller and Shae Vizsla without selling a kidney.

Also got my case of the final vintage wave from BBTS late last week.  What a great wave of figures overall (the 8 new ones, at least).  The Republic Trooper from TOR might be my favorite figure of the year, and I was surprised at how much I wound up liking the CW Obi-Wan.  Could have done without the 4 TPM figures since I already had them, but it's better than getting yet another Qui-Gon I don't need.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1147 on: November 11, 2012, 10:12 PM »
I got an Ani and Death Star Trooper this afternoon at a local Target.  First I've seen this wave at a store that I was sure weren't repacks in the Kithaba/Evazan wave.  Yay dst.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 12, 2012, 08:49 AM »
That's great to hear about the Evazan wave still shipping. I'vbe been holding out hope for awhiole now. I will not be happy until I am able to buy the following figures off the pegs in a brick and mortar store:

Aayla Secura
Nom Anor
Starkiller
Shae Vizsla

I don't care if it's Target, Walmart, or 5 Below. I want them on nice cards, in my hands, and no need for worrying about shipping. If it doesn't happen, screw it.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 15, 2012, 10:25 AM »
Yo MC
Peeped the Aayla wave at a local Wal mart last night for the first time dude, its happenin.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 18, 2012, 12:58 PM »
Scored an Imperial Navy Commander yesterday morning at Target.  Really surprised to find anything other than TPM figures at Target.  Malgus & Vader were gone, but the rest of the wave was there.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 18, 2012, 07:43 PM »
At Target, I found the same damn 4 TPM wave figures they've had left for months now. 

I saw a GI JOE RETALIATION Hiss tank and thought "maybe they marked it down" and it scanned as $31 :P . Then I left.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1152 on: November 18, 2012, 08:50 PM »
My nearest Target put out a case of 2012 Wave 3 and while I'd have missed it, my gf grabbed the Death Star Trooper, and promptly stashed it for an X-Mas gift.

Whoops, I mean I saw nothing and have no clue about any of that.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 19, 2012, 01:00 PM »
Found a 501st at Wal-Mart today... it didn't even scan at the register, which was weird, and the guy had to manually enter it in. Pretty sad that stores don't even recognize figures!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 20, 2012, 10:25 AM »
...havnt seen any in so long.