Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302741 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1155 on: November 21, 2012, 09:51 PM »
Wow, I actually found remnants of Wave 3 at Walmart tonight! I was so happy to finally see Aayla Secura on the pegs that I didn't even stress over the fact that Nom Anor eluded me once again.

A nice consolation was the fact that this was apparently the revision wave with Wedge, and he was still there. It was literally the first time I had ever seen this figure on a peg so I snagged that as well.

And this was at a Walmart that has sucked FOREVER seemingly. I'm willing to check anyplace now after seeing that.

I also stopped by Target and saw most of the Malgus wave, with the exception of Malgus himself.

Still hoping to see Nom out there, and the Tarkin wave as well. Maybe for BF...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 22, 2012, 09:09 AM »
Went to Target last night and saw Malgus and INC - I grabbed the INC

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 22, 2012, 09:26 PM »
Today I picked up VC 87 Luke Skywalker Lightsaber construction, blue ray deleted scene, pale version. 8)

at Organa Coleccionables, Lima Perú

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 23, 2012, 05:42 PM »
Found wave 3 or whatever at a Wal-Mart...got Kithaba...passed on the rest for now hard to pay $10 for a figure when there's 8 packs for $20. They had Nom, too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1159 on: November 26, 2012, 11:16 PM »
I got...

-CW Realistic Ani on sale, which I'll likely unload someone I don't want and keep Ani since he's cool.

-3 Rep. Dropships from Target.  One for my buddy, 2 for me.

-TVC Final Wave Obi-Wan and Ahsoka...  Ahsoka has her proper feet so my other will go to my fodder bin, and Obi-Wan will be a dedicated pilot in his CW Fighter I do believe.  Just gotta get him another headset.

Not a bad haul this week.  I've still barely spent on toys too.  I'm happy about that.

Other than a Red Bandana Kithaba I'd like, I'm pretty much good...  Unless, by some miracle, i walk into a wall of Death Star Troopers and Rebel Fleet Troopers for a fair price. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1160 on: December 1, 2012, 11:33 PM »

Got my cases of wave 5 and 7 from BBTS this week. Finished for the year, except for Sandstorm Leia and the 501st Trooper.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: December 2, 2012, 06:13 PM »
Got Dr. E and Nom at a Wal-Mart. Sucks to have pay $10 each when there's so much cheap stuff and sales around. But better safe than sorry.

Evazan's likeness is still a tad lacking, but better than the 90's one. Could've tossed a bar glass in with him.

Target here still shows no signs of having got any vintage cases since spring. TRU is barren.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 2, 2012, 08:16 PM »
Went to TRU this weekend early in the morning looking for new Skylander figures for my kids, no luck.  I did, however, find the Evazan wave.  Picked up a red bandana Kithaba & Nom Anor.  The best part was that they had the buy one get one 50% off deal.  I think it's the first time in like 6 months that TRU had anything "new." 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: December 2, 2012, 09:29 PM »
Went to TRU this weekend early in the morning looking for new Skylander figures for my kids, no luck.  I did, however, find the Evazan wave.  Picked up a red bandana Kithaba & Nom Anor.  The best part was that they had the buy one get one 50% off deal.  I think it's the first time in like 6 months that TRU had anything "new."

nice score man!  I saw this case at TRU too.  i was hoping to find a red Kithana but they only had the brown one.  Not something I won't be able to live without getting since I already have the brown one, but I might pick one up if I ever saw it.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 3, 2012, 03:00 PM »
nice score man!  I saw this case at TRU too.

I guess this wave is making its way through...finally.  I'm just surprised to find anything in terms of vintage figures beyond TPM at TRU.  I've seen this wave pop up at Walmart recently, too.  Brown bandana every time. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1165 on: December 4, 2012, 09:14 PM »
Not really a Vinty item but I got the Yavin Sled, again, at a Marshall's store this past weekend and I see Yakface reported they're hitting TJ Maxx stores too.  Love it for $10.  Great price on that set.  $15's not bad either.  Was just a tad too high at TRU.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1166 on: December 10, 2012, 09:16 PM »
SO there wasn't a TON of TVC for me to buy at the local Toy Show but I came out with some modern stuff...

2 2-1B figures from POTF2.
2 ASP-7 figures
1 POTF2 Kyle Katarn mostly as filler and parts
1 of the bronze pipe looking droid from the Disney line
2 red versions of the original Pit Droid bonus figures and their boxes which have unique decoes on them.

and before I ran in the show I bought a Clone Lt. and Hoth Luke at TRU for their 2 for deal.

Also, my buddy Jim nabbed me a red Bandana Kithaba + Sandtrooper on the same deal.

Got a Galactic Heroes Bossk for my meager Bossk's Bungalow™.

And last but not least, my score of the day was a Vintage 3-Pack of Hoth Rebel trooper, Leia, and 2-1B.  $7!  I didn't even argue with the guy.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1167 on: December 11, 2012, 11:19 PM »
So ALL Star Wars toys are B1G1 Free at K-Mart, and they're still getting AT-ST 2-packs in for those unaware.  I got 3 more driver sets tonight and 1 was free, plus I'd had a $5 giftcard burning a hole in my wallet I got for buying all my pet food there last week, and so I got an additional $5 off.

$25 for 6 outstanding soldiers = good deal these days.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: December 12, 2012, 11:17 AM »
It was B2GI free at my KMart.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: December 12, 2012, 01:21 PM »
It was B2GI free at my KMart.

Same here. I scored 3 of the AT-ST Crew packs for $30 and change a few minutes ago.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback