Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302734 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1170 on: December 12, 2012, 02:50 PM »
Sorry about that, a typo on my part.  B2G1 free, not B1G1.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: December 14, 2012, 08:15 PM »
I found 2 Gamorrean Guards at Five Below.  I'd never seen any before.  My son's Rancor monsters appreciate me buying them lunch.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1172 on: December 15, 2012, 06:45 PM »
Got another Gammie myself last night.  Word was wheelbarrow may return depending on your stores stock or possibly a reset planned and done early by only a few stores.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: December 15, 2012, 08:57 PM »
Hope so. Here they are down to Skiffmaster, Senate Guard and Rebel Commando now.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: December 15, 2012, 09:54 PM »
The wheelbarrow thing is good to hear, as my experience hunting recently seems to indicate that stores in general seem to have given up on ordering new SW stock before X-Mas.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: December 16, 2012, 02:06 AM »
The wheelbarrow thing is good to hear, as my experience hunting recently seems to indicate that stores in general seem to have given up on ordering new SW stock before X-Mas.

I do a weekly run hitting TRUs on Wednesdays since I have to stay late at work for meetings and this past week there was a scalper looking dude asking an employee if they had any more Marvel figures. The employee was like "Yeah what we have is on the shelves, Hasbro doesn't really ship us many items this time of year."

I wanted to ask the guy A) Why would a TOY COMPANY not send TOYS to a TOY STORE at CHRISTMAS, and B) How does that explain the rest of the year? :D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: December 18, 2012, 07:07 PM »
Picked up 3 more Gammies @ 5 Below courtesy of their Wheelbarrow 'O' Goodness.  ;D

Nice to see they are still getting fresh cases, I have bought at least 7 at this same store so far.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: December 18, 2012, 09:08 PM »
awesome hauls for the Gammies!  If anyone wants to help out and can swoop up like 4 or 5 for me at cost I would greatly appreciate it  8)  No 5 Below stores around me.  Update - I just realized I have a friend that lives by a store, I will ask them if they can check.  I will get back with you all if I need help still

I just grabbed some figures super cheap from Amazon as doubles since prices were so low on them - Naboo Pilot, Bom Vimdin, Weequay Hunter, and Nien Nunb
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:18 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: December 19, 2012, 01:54 PM »
I also have no 5 belows near me.
But I have been seeing TONS of teh Aaayla , Hoth Luke, 501st wave showing up in Wal Marts and Targets, does that mean the " fsan fav rereleases" are hitting, and I should expect the gammie case to start showing up soon?

I only ever saw 2 Gammies and got them both, id like about a 4 more,  a couple of Vin-ktos which are also in that wave (?)... Just wondering how to plan my hunts...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: December 19, 2012, 02:58 PM »
Two TRUs in my area restocked with the Aayla/Nom Anor/Wedge "fan favorite" wave. Snagged myself a red bandanna Kithaba (!) and a 4th 501st Trooper
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: December 19, 2012, 04:25 PM »
Two TRUs in my area restocked with the Aayla/Nom Anor/Wedge "fan favorite" wave. Snagged myself a red bandanna Kithaba (!) and a 4th 501st Trooper

I saw two cases of that wave at TRU this morning, so I got the two red Kithabas. I was on the fence with the 501st clones, but the paint apps were iffy so I left both.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1181 on: December 20, 2012, 05:22 PM »
Those 501st paint ops are a little meh.  I don't like white painted on as chips.  It never looks right.

I got a Red Kithaba from my buddy Jim, but I saw brown bandana's yesterday.  Weird.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: December 24, 2012, 11:56 PM »
Traded Wedge and a spare Gammie to a fellow local collector today for an unpunched MOC Nom Anor. I never saw this guy on the pegs. PSYCHED to have something to open tomorrow now.  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1183 on: December 27, 2012, 09:57 PM »
Better late than never, I guess, a full Wave 3 case was out at my Target today,s o I grabbed another DST and the Malgus figure. :)

I didn't see a sniff of this wave since right before December.  Funny that basically they waited till after the holiday to put a case out.  Seems counterproductive.

I saw very little else at the store, but did get a 50% off Maul set, making me take back my other one again.  :)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: December 29, 2012, 01:21 PM »
boo.  I ordered Kithaba from amazon and I got the brown headband again.  Guess I am going to wait and see if I find one in stores.