Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 302764 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1185 on: January 12, 2013, 12:28 PM »
Bought two Gammies from a local collector this morning
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 12, 2013, 10:24 PM »
In a rare visit to a city 40 miles aways, I found Arc Trooper Commander (Fordo) at TRU. First time I've seen him. Got him. At a nearby TJ Maxx found Rebel Transport Speeder and Geonosian speeder for $5 each on clearance (they had 2 more geonosians, but I had to pass on them for $$$ reasons). They had Saga Legends (Shadows of darkside packaging) for $5, too. Never heard of them carrying those before. It was the last wave, (no secret weapons) Mace windu/Destroyer Droid/Shock Trooper/R2 where the ones I saw.

Shows that my area sucks for Star Wars hunting more than I realized. Though the Target there has sucky TPM wave leftovers, too. That's one consistency.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 15, 2013, 09:28 AM »
Not a purchase, but I saw those old Target 2-packs back on the pegs yesterday - Emergence of the Sith or whatever. They must have found a box in the back or something. They were all marked full price too - $14.99. Weird resurgence.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 16, 2013, 09:15 AM »
Not a purchase, but I saw the green boxed Class one stuff at TRU yesterday. I suppose this belongs in the new legacy section?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: January 16, 2013, 09:27 AM »
I saw those too at TRU. They were mixed with the older blue box design. Still no figures. Target is down to a single battle droid in vintage and they still refuse to stock!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 16, 2013, 11:46 AM »
I saw those too at TRU. They were mixed with the older blue box design. Still no figures. Target is down to a single battle droid in vintage and they still refuse to stock!

It looks to me like Target is about ready to do a planogram reset.  If you Target operates like mine they won't stock anything new until the actual reset happens in an effort to sell down then crap rotting on the pegs that isn't set for clearance.  My Target has just went through and removed all of the pegs on the top row and squeezed everything down from 4 pegs to 3.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 16, 2013, 03:39 PM »
All of the Targets around here have completed planogram resets in the past week and none of them put out new SW figures.  >:(

I think they put out new McFarlane stuff but it sells so damn fast it's hard to tell. (Tebow = pegwarmer)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1192 on: January 16, 2013, 04:17 PM »
YOu were surprised by that?   ???

There's really nothing new to put out.

I think, given last year and them basically not ordering anything, they're not likely to order last year's product this year either.  That's just my opinion though.  TRU will...  It's what they do.  But the others will be typical dribs and drabs of a case here, a case there...  They've ALL got stuff left though so I don't foresee there being much "new" old stuff coming out at places like Target.  Not in any deluge anyway.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 16, 2013, 11:38 PM »
i guess by new i meant making an effort to stock more than the 2 or 3 figures they moved. Target always seems to have that minimum  inventory threshold that prompts a restock but I haven't seen that pay dividends recently, particularly for TVC. I honestly haven't seen any stores stocking new figures outside of 5 Below and TRU for weeks. Weird times.

I saw TPM Class I vehicles at Ross tonight, priced at $7.99, so about on par with Walmart clearance. I saw the Naboo fighter and BARC set. Man, there is just a glut of these things floating around out there.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #1194 on: January 17, 2013, 11:28 AM »
I've been on figure overload lately, as I decided to grab everything I missed this year from different sources.  Usually I wait 6 months before buying stuff of Ebay, but I really was just so bored with no new figs, that I had to get something.

I got Ponda Baba, Death Squad Commander, Hoth Rebel Guy, the "Internet Only" wave, and a few others...Kithaba.  I haven't even opened most of them but I have to say, the ones that are open are excellent.  Hasbro has never made better product.

I'm going to open these slowly, as it will be the fall before new stuff hits.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 17, 2013, 11:37 AM »

I'm going to be the same way.  I haven't even opened up many of my Vintage figures since I'm temporarily based in NYC.  Come summer/fall when we return to a house where I have room to display things, I'm going to have some fun.  ;D

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #1196 on: January 17, 2013, 11:43 AM »
I've been on figure overload lately, as I decided to grab everything I missed this year from different sources.  Usually I wait 6 months before buying stuff of Ebay, but I really was just so bored with no new figs, that I had to get something.

I got Ponda Baba, Death Squad Commander, Hoth Rebel Guy, the "Internet Only" wave, and a few others...Kithaba.  I haven't even opened most of them but I have to say, the ones that are open are excellent.  Hasbro has never made better product.

Funny, I was just going to post when I read yours...

I think a break is greatly needed. If retailers scale back, Hasro takes a bit of a break...it wouldn't be a bad thing.  It will purge some product off the secondary markeet, and give folks a chance to catch thier breath over hte last 15 years of product overload.  in years past you cold search completed autons and find pages of "red" auctions that didn't sell, ately it seems a lot of stuff is selling.  This is good for the hobby in gneral.  You can get rid of any extra stuff you have lying around, fill in holes in your collection, basically clean house before the new movies hit in 2 years.  Lots of changes rigt now. 

I took a few year break where I didn't feel I needed to try and grab everything put out.  I never got out of it, just not at the pace I was at.  Timing was good.  I can now go back and try and hi clearances, shows, etc. take my time and get what I need without the frantic pace I was at for 15+ years.  Over the last couple years, I just would by an item here or there when it was a good deal.  A few vintage boxes I needed, a book here, a comic there.  Just stuff i never gt around to.  Was just as fun as the mad grab Idid for all ths years....and I spent a heck of a lot less!

Don't get burnt out, relax takea breather and have fun with it.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: January 26, 2013, 03:19 PM »
Found a Wedge and Dr. E today buy 1 get 1 50 percent off at tru.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1198 on: January 28, 2013, 01:11 AM »
Nothin', and I'm enjoying it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 28, 2013, 08:23 PM »
Picked today Rebel Fleet Trooper VC52