Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 44678 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #1005 on: February 22, 2013, 10:46 AM »
TVC figures marked down to $4 at WalMart stores in my neck of the woods.  And $4.99 at TRU stores.  Amazingly enough I managed to score a red bandana Kithaba at the TRU clearance price!

That's a nice score.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Initiate
  • Cantina Alien #5, thank you very much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 23, 2013, 09:55 PM »
I have to say the TRU sale has really gotten me back in the game. Randomly went last Sunday and found 2 Dr Evazans on the shelf. Tuesday netted a Wedge amongst random TPM dregs. Thursday there was more TPM and a (ripped card) Barada. Today stopped in on a whim around 2 PM and as I entered the aisle a TRU employee was putting a case on the pegs. Turned out it was the "blu ray" wave so I picked up Cracken and the Mon Cal, two figures I had passed up a year ago due to the price.

They really seem to be moving through some cases out there. I might need to stop in even more often and finally plug those last few gaps in what I've wanted.
Proud supporter of Cantina Alien #15
Custom Display Shelves

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 24, 2013, 08:52 AM »
Found a Gammorean Guard and Rebel Fleet Trooper yesterday at TRU, great way to spend ten dollars :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 24, 2013, 10:59 AM »
SCORE!  Nice hauls guys.  Guess I need to swing by TRU more often...
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I like big books and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
    • http://darby-harn.blogspot.com/
« Reply #1009 on: February 24, 2013, 12:13 PM »
I found a Gammy too at TRU this week. There was a case or two of the current wave that's shipping. It would be nice if there were more variety, but at $5, they're selling.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 24, 2013, 02:49 PM »
50% off clearance at K-mart this week. Includes AT-ST's at $15.50  (Sorry, doesn't included the ewoks and drivers, haven't been clearanced yet.) They ran out online "No longer carry this item", so don't waste your time there.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 24, 2013, 04:02 PM »
i just picked up my first KMART AT-ST today at that price.   ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1012 on: February 25, 2013, 01:56 AM »
Havne't seen AT-ST drivers in eons since before Xmas here.

Ewoks, there's stragglers.

AT-ST's out the ying yang.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender & FFURG.com Staff/Representative, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 25, 2013, 08:17 AM »
Funny.  I FINALLY got to a Kmart last week.  I snagged their last ATST at full price along with a few boxes of drivers.  Its not even worth a drive back there to see if they can adjust the price.   :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1014 on: February 25, 2013, 09:23 PM »
AT-ST's at the register.  AT-ST's in clearance aisle.  AT-ST's at the front door. 

I think this sale won't rid them of AT-ST's here.

Last Ewok set was gone.

I got a walker though and plan to custom it up a bit.  Cleaning the damage off the nose for sure, and debating what to do with the feet.  For $15 it's really an outstanding little piece of armor.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender & FFURG.com Staff/Representative, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 25, 2013, 10:24 PM »
I got one today, my first "new" AT-ST (Wal-Marts never got them here, missed the boat on the Target one, waited on this release because of negative stories about the quality). I wish I'd bought all three that were left now. 

They had 2 vintage figures marked down, but scanned them and they were full price, not even their sticker price.  Clone Wars figures from 3 years ago (heavy assault super battle droid, Rex) are still $9.99.

Then I somehow talked myself out of 75% off Valentine's day candy.

Then I got the last 3 pack Droid Set at Target for $7.48 or whatever.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:26 PM by Scockery »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 25, 2013, 10:50 PM »
Walmart is going nuts though, I saw 2+ cases of the new "greatest hits" wave at 2 different stores last night. Multiple Aaylas, Noms, RFT's etc. It was cool at first, but now it just makes me bitter that the only 2 TVC I still actually want are nowhere to be found. (Starkiller and Shae) That wave was absolutely a no-show here.

I stopped at two Wal-Marts over the weekend and yeah, lots of remnants of the Evazan/2011 repacks wave, meaning more Qui-Gons on the pegs. ::) Nobody must have told them that they're supposed to be clearancing stuff out. Targets and TRUs here are void of any product save for Clone Wars Anakins and Windus.

I did, however cave and snag another Fordo and Fleet Trooper from Wal-Mart. Of course I keep missing the Gammoreans.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Guardian
  • i stay down with my demons
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1017 on: February 27, 2013, 02:02 PM »
Many Hasbro action figure lines are Buy One, Get One 30% off at EE.  Offer valid on new in-stock orders placed on the Entertainment Earth website between February 27, 2013 and March 5, 2013.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
Follow me on Twitter - @jedidefender / @jlsmentek

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi General
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 28, 2013, 09:42 AM »
I picked up a couple of At-St's half of at Kmart. Cheep imperial stuff is like crack.
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1019 on: February 28, 2013, 03:03 PM »
You're truly a member of the New Order.  You have a hardbound copy of the Tarkin Doctrine.