Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 51341 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2011, 03:44 PM »
Wish I'd remember to snap a pic at my TRU.  They have an entire wall with 80+ Slave I sets.  Looks really cool, but ya....They need to mark them down again or they ain't going anywhere.

In a totally unrelated note, I wonder where all the Minnetonka TRU Slave-I sets have gone?   ???

;)
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2011, 05:20 PM »
Well DocP, my local Targets already sell what little Marvel figures they have for 8.99 so I guess they saw the SW figures and wondered why the price was so low. :P

Target is just another store I can cross off my Toy Run list for the time being, though nobody has restocked since before Christmas anyway (I think it's inventory season)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2011, 07:21 PM »
I'll buy at K-Mart...  They at least had the dignity to set them at $8.99 from the get-go.

Still cheaper than TRU.  Good lord.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi General
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2011, 09:29 AM »
I was pretty bummed to discover the Target price hike too when I finally found another Gam Guard after not finding any for a month.
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2011, 02:32 PM »
Target is pretty much the only place that I buy from, so it sucks that TVC is now $8.99... again,  I just don't get how TCW is a $1 cheaper than TVC, especially since we get more stuff with a TCW figure.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2011, 02:37 PM »
I'll buy at K-Mart...  They at least had the dignity to set them at $8.99 from the get-go.

Still cheaper than TRU.  Good lord.

I guess I'll be shopping more there too, seeing as how the local TRU is closing down to remodel for 6 months.  Somehow Target can stay open during a remodel, but not TRU.   ::)  I would just order from TRU.com, but they just cancel your order.  Apparently TRU has zero interest making any money.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 17, 2011, 02:11 PM »

^ The Target price hike has hit my area too now.

Interesting enough, Target right after Christmas had put some Dak and 4-LOM figures in the clearance aisle... with stickers indicating $10.98.  I scanned them when I saw them there wondering what was going on, and they were regular price... must have been an employee mistake.  I put them on the regular pegs, then next time I was there the stickers were removed.  You can see the residue on a couple of the Daks still from the stickers.  Counted 4 Daks there today, two of which had the residue.  So did one 4-LOM.  Don't see how those are going to sell for $8.99 when they've had them on the pegs since August.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 17, 2011, 02:19 PM »
There is a new sale at Toysrus.com for anyone interested in the Endor Pilot Sets.  You need to purchase at least one of each set, not sure if there is a maximum.  When they have been added to your cart, click checkout, then enter the following code for 50% off: DICKMEOVER2

Shipping and tax still apply

Oh, and your order will be cancelled in about a week.

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 17, 2011, 02:23 PM »
Sounds like a deal. Where do I sign up?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2011, 10:11 AM »
so who has the intel on some HTS coupon codes?  I am not aware of any that are active right now.  Thought I would ask early because I have a feeling we will be seeing new stuff soon.   

--thanks in advance.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2011, 10:34 AM »
so who has the intel on some HTS coupon codes?  I am not aware of any that are active right now.  Thought I would ask early because I have a feeling we will be seeing new stuff soon.   

--thanks in advance.

HTS - is that a site where you can order SW stuff and your order won't get mysteriously cancelled?  I should check into that. 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2011, 11:56 AM »
Well, voting with our wallets has had an impact at TRU. I was there this morning and the price of Vintage is now $9.99. After seeing the sale plummet I guess they got the hint. So they are now $1 more than Target which is at least tolerable if you are desperate for a figure.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2011, 12:35 PM »
Yeah they lowered the prices back down a bit on Sunday in my area on most items.

Legends Figures - $7.99 (was $8.49)
Clone Wars Figures - $7.99 (was $8.49)
Vintage Figures - $9.99 (was $10.99)
Deluxe Figures - $17.99 (was $21.99)
Mid Size Vehicles - $27.99 (was $29.99)
Slave One Ultimate Battle Pack - $79.99 (was $109.99)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 28, 2011, 01:07 PM »
I still will not walk in that door with the intent to buy SW figures.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 30, 2011, 09:12 AM »
Figures are 2 for $11 at TRU this week.  Vintage presumably not included since figures have to be originally priced at $7.99