Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259180 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #495 on: November 22, 2011, 05:50 PM »
I took my receipt from last week to KM today and got it price adjusted on the last Wave 9 I'd gotten there before the sale, so that was nice.  An additional $5 in my pocket never hurts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 27, 2011, 01:19 PM »
Yet another Toys R Us 2 for $12.99 sale on figures (Star Wars, GI JOE, Marvel, Captain America, Spiderman), doesn't sound like it includes vintage, though.

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #497 on: November 28, 2011, 06:22 AM »
Yet another Toys R Us 2 for $12.99 sale on figures (Star Wars, GI JOE, Marvel, Captain America, Spiderman), doesn't sound like it includes vintage, though.

The sticker in the aisle said "All" Star Wars, hence I was able to get them to adjust.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #498 on: November 28, 2011, 01:54 PM »
Technically though, the ad states the pricepoints included under "all" and it only goes to $8.99 (Like $7.99-$8.99), so in theory they shouldn't be adjusting if they don't want to.  The holiday rush may prove fruitful for people to try though since it's a lot easier to overlook.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 28, 2011, 07:13 PM »
Technically though, the ad states the pricepoints included under "all" and it only goes to $8.99 (Like $7.99-$8.99), so in theory they shouldn't be adjusting if they don't want to.  The holiday rush may prove fruitful for people to try though since it's a lot easier to overlook.

Bingo...I had the misfortune of trying to get an adjustment from someone who was halfway on the ball, so she pointed out my purchase did not qualify because of the original price. :(
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #500 on: November 28, 2011, 07:29 PM »
It never hurts to try.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 28, 2011, 09:37 PM »
Apparently Star Wars figures are buy one get one free at Walgreens. I haven't been into a Walgreens in years.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #502 on: November 28, 2011, 10:09 PM »
I went tonight...  if mine's any indication, save your time.

Rite Aid had a similar sale, and other than the figures being from the HK47 BAD wave (and being lame figs from that wave to boot), yeah save your time at Rite Aid too. :(

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 29, 2011, 12:18 AM »
Hey, Rite Aid close to my work still has Clone Trooper Denal and a Saga C-3PO/ ewok throne! I think they are $10.99 each or something insane like that.

Funny side note, on more than one occassion I've noticed HALO building set packages in a nearby trash reciptical with Rite Aid price stickers on them, meaning some kid actually paid drug store prices for that stuff. But given the local shopping alternatives, there's nothing else within walking (bike riding?) distance that even carries the stuff.

On a sick side note,  I also felt that throwing away cool toy packaging was a waste.  :P Yeah...crazy.  :o
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:21 AM by scockery »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 30, 2011, 11:49 AM »
this helps http://coupons.target.com/facebook-friends-and-fans-coupons a little on those overpriced Target exclusives (Taun-Taun, Landspeeder).

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 2, 2011, 03:51 PM »
2 day sale at TRU, spend $35 or more on Star Wars and get a free Saga Legends figure.

Also, the ad says the Vintage Y-Wing is $39.99...wait...it's more than that normally?

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 3, 2011, 01:16 PM »
Today only, TRU has buy one get one 50% off on all Star Wars figures, playsets and accessories.

Going by the online shop that includes the Trench Run set, Attack on the Coronet, Y-Wing (ROTJ), Slave 1, The video game figure sets, attack shuttle, deluxe figures, blu ray figure packs, regular vehicles...

Free shipping over for purchases over $49, too.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 3, 2011, 02:21 PM »
Is this a national thing?

I stopped by a store this morning and they had absolutely no signage or any kind of advertising up for this deal. The one employee I asked claimed to have no idea what I was talking about.

???
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #508 on: December 3, 2011, 02:35 PM »
I've found TRU's rarely got signage up but the deal should still work.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 3, 2011, 05:47 PM »
Is this a national thing?

I stopped by a store this morning and they had absolutely no signage or any kind of advertising up for this deal. The one employee I asked claimed to have no idea what I was talking about.

???

Yes, I found the info at the 'Scum (though it was also sent via email since I signed up for the rewards program thing)

If you can find a price check scanner, they sometimes list a sale under the price...the ones today did. And stupidly, the store DID NOT have anything on the aisles posted about "the buy one get one 50%" sale.

The online store has the deals, too. I checked there before going today.  I only bought 2 figures, one clone wars and one legends, and they rang up as part of that get one 50% sale not the 2 for $12.99 sale. Wow, I got them for a penny less than i would have yesterday.  :P
« Last Edit: December 3, 2011, 07:01 PM by scockery »