Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259100 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #570 on: January 19, 2012, 10:51 AM »
Stop by a library or five on the way home.   ;)

Not to burst your bubble, but libraries won't let you install programs on their computers to keep their systems free of viruses and malware. At least not in Hennepin County (MN).  ;)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 19, 2012, 12:26 PM »
Yep, they don't allow that here in VA either.

And the computers aren't even hooked up to printers to begin with.

I just don't see why they have to act like the CIA and all...it's just a frigging coupon. God forbid someone should figure out a way to get more than one.  ::)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 19, 2012, 12:35 PM »
I just don't see why they have to act like the CIA and all...it's just a frigging coupon. God forbid someone should figure out a way to get more than one.  ::)

If you worked in Hasbro's Price Promotions Dept. you would care.  They have estimates on how much volume this coupon will likely deliver and what it is going to cost.  if one tenth of one percent of the households in the U.S. use this coupon, it costs Hasbro $1.2 million, not including any insertion fees to the site.  If just 20% of those people figure out how to use it 2-3 times instead of once, their cost goes up half a million bucks.  That's kind of a big deal, especially when coupons like this tend to drive less than a $1 short term return on investment.  Hasbro expects to lose some profit here - this is a way to get volume moving and hope that people end up buying more than 2 figures at a time. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 3, 2012, 08:34 AM »
The vintage 3-packs are under $10 at Target and NO ONE TOLD ME.  ??? Heh. Haven't been Target lately...because they were barren last time I went.

The Legacy Arena packs are like $8 something...still higher than the two sales they had on them the last two years.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 3, 2012, 08:56 AM »
I think these clearances just happened within the past couple of days.

In other news it seems Hasbro took the BOGO coupon down.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 3, 2012, 09:11 AM »
My Targets has a ton of those 3packs for $9.98. The shuttle for $39.98 and lots of battle packs for $9.98. I picked up a Defend Kamino battle pack for my son. He likes having lots of troopers. I have yet to see any vintage figures out there. I just see MH and CW stuff.

TRU.com has buy two get one free on new vintage stuff. The problem is the btgo only works once per order. That way, after shipping the figures are $8.90 each.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 3, 2012, 10:27 AM »
I picked up a 3-pack to scan it and it was $20. When I went to put it back on the pegs, the rest were labeled $10, so I scanned it again and indeed it was $10 already.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 3, 2012, 10:41 AM »
The vintage 3-packs are under $10 at Target and NO ONE TOLD ME.  ??? Heh. Haven't been Target lately...because they were barren last time I went.

The Legacy Arena packs are like $8 something...still higher than the two sales they had on them the last two years.

I scanned one of the Vintage 3-packs a week ago and it was still full price.  That Hoth Rebel Trooper is pretty awesome, but not $20 awesome.  On sale is another story entirely.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 4, 2012, 05:17 PM »
I picked up the last hoth rebel trooper 3 pack at Target. All they have left is the Imperial Set and Imperial Forces set. I guess no one likes bounty hunters and hoth bad guys.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2012, 05:23 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #579 on: February 4, 2012, 10:42 PM »
I picked up a Deluxe Republic Scout Speeder hickamajig, saw a few other deluxes hanging about...  the other stuff too like the legends and clone wars pegwarmers.  Saw the republic shuttle as well.

Saw TONS of the 3-packs and bought one of the Hoth Rebel sets.  Left tons of the other ones though, and a few of the Hoth Rebel set too.  I'm going to wander back when a further discount happens I think, and see what's left.

These were dismal failures and I hope they're done with them.

Also some of the Geonosis Arena 2-packs were chilling out too, finally clearanced. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 4, 2012, 11:14 PM »
I snagged a dozen vintage 3packs at Target the other day, including 8 Hoth sets.  $10 for these feels like a steal with the regular vintage figs at $10-11 these days, and I would have paid $10 a pop just for the Hoth Rebel.    I also snagged a RC Republic Tank for $21, then ended up getting it free using that online "Buy One Get One Free" coupon.  The cashier realized her mistake after she keyed it in, but her supervisor told her to just leave it for me.  Awesome.   8)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 5, 2012, 04:10 PM »
Our local store had the 3 packs for $9.88 as well.  Tons of the Bossk set, as well as the Imperials.  It won't ever happen, but if they would offer these for closer to this price normally, they'd probably move a bit better.  I think they had originally planned to recreate all the vintage ones, but I wonder if that will change now or not.  I guess maybe we'll learn more at Toy Fair.  I don't necessarily need more of these figures, but if they drop a bit further I may grab some extras of the other sets.  I did pick up an extra Han/Luke/Obi set from awhile back though.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #582 on: February 5, 2012, 05:30 PM »
The same clearance price here.  I picked up the Imp set, bounty hunter set, and the hoth rebel set.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 5, 2012, 06:00 PM »
I think the Geonosis Arena 2-packs were big failures. They been out for what seems like two years and now finally clearanced. My Targets only have the black human Jedi and the white human Jedi. I guess no one wants pretty generic looking Jedi for that price.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 5, 2012, 06:25 PM »
I think the Geonosis Arena 2-packs were big failures. They been out for what seems like two years and now finally clearanced. My Targets only have the black human Jedi and the white human Jedi. I guess no one wants pretty generic looking Jedi for that price.

I don't know.  If they only have a few left, then I wouldn't call them failures.  I think they've just been slow to clearance.