Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259123 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #585 on: February 5, 2012, 07:44 PM »
I bought almost all of those failures!  I liked them in general.  We got a bunch of things including the Jedi we needed to complete the survivor's circle inthe arena.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #586 on: February 6, 2012, 01:54 AM »
I think the price hikes hurt the Arena sets ultimately...  Like the Droid Factory at WM.  Though that last round of DF sets were pretty dismal ultimately, and were in short supply for the most part which I think helped them appear to move ok.  But the original sets were everywhere and seemed to sell at about the same rate.

The Genosis sets were weird.  They were bumped in price, and though they were decent quality, they weren't the steal tehy had been at $9.99.  Those Order 66 sets were pretty great, but those hit super steep discounts...  They seemed to ship several times over though, so maybe Target just overordered on them when the first rounds went fast? 

2-packs have steadily decreased in quality though, and increased in price.  Now you get nothing but repacks, and they don't seem to move at all.  Those Geonosis Arenas are gonna look like a godsend here in a few years I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 6, 2012, 08:51 AM »
The second wave came and went, but it was like the first wave had twice the run and reshipped after the second wave.  Maybe they were planning on keeping them around until AotC 3D to come out.  :P

I wish they'd moved to Sarlacc Pit 2-packs or Endor 2-packs or anything not prequel two packs.

Like those 3 packs, had they done something, even just vintage colors homage to Kenner (Say like browner skinned Bossk, gray IG-88 , all-white snowtrooper, black pants Han Solo, grey Death Star Trooper and black uniformed Needa)...I might have bought at least one at full price. As they were, they were only for retro packaging enthusiasts & completists and maybe the odd parent gift giver.

Toys R Us has Deluxe on sale for $15.99 this week...and pod racer  pilot sets for the odd price of $21.59.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2012, 08:56 AM by scockery »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 6, 2012, 02:48 PM »
I saw the Target clearances too and STILL couldn't bring myself to buy the last Hoth Rebel Trooper set at $10. I want another one and might go back today or tomorrow to see if it's still there but I don't really want another Leia or 2-1B. Couple of Bossk sets left over too.

Same story here with the Geonosis sets too, only the white/black Jedi with the Super Battle Droid and the unpainted eyes Battle Droids are left. And these have been on the shelves for almost 3 years! The only ones that tickled my fancy were the Coleman Trebor set but that had the awful Jango I wanted nothing to do with. Then last year I remember they had a pretty cool 3PO/R2 set, but I didn't want to pay $18 or however much it was for the set. Those 2010 editions were pretty hard to find in general, at least for me.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 8, 2012, 11:08 AM »
Just noticed that WM.com is offering free shipping on all Hasbro Star Wars purchases through 3/28

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 9, 2012, 10:42 PM »
Just noticed that WM.com is offering free shipping on all Hasbro Star Wars purchases through 3/28

They have the RC Republic Fighter for $15 if anyone is still looking for it.  The Pod Racer Battle Pack too, though I'm going to wait at $15.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 10, 2012, 09:37 AM »
Anyone actually find this mysterious $10 off any SW purchase coupon at TRU?

I am headed over there shortly to check...seems too good to be true.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 10, 2012, 11:40 AM »
It's not exactly news.  I posted about this over a week ago:

The TRU sale definitely made this week's purchases a lot easier to deal with.  I was able to price adjust my purchase from Saturday, and got the remainder of the new figures today.  Here's my TVC haul...

...Plus, when I got to the register tonight the TRU employee surprised me with even MORE savings than just the 3 for 2 deal.  He had a coupon for $10 off for Hasbro Star Wars purchases.

The JTA reporter in question thinks he stumbled upon something brand new, but these coupons have been out there since the official street date at least.  I got $10 off of one of my own TVC TPM wave puchases simply because the cashier scanned this coupon card.  And from his reaction when I checked out, he nearly forgot about it himself.  His reaction as I was checking out was "Oh wait, I have these coupons to scan for Hasbro Star Wars purchases".

IIRC, this promotion may last through 2/12 (meaning this Sunday).  But the discount isn't automatically applied at the register when you ring up.  Rather, the associate needs to scan the coupon card in order to get you the $10 off.  And as a result this discount hasn't been getting applied universally.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:43 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 10, 2012, 07:10 PM »
I asked about this at two different TRU's today over lunch and they looked at me like I had three arms or something. They had literally NO idea what I was talking about.

So I don't know what the story is but I guess I am SOL when it comes to these things.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 10, 2012, 08:39 PM »
What you're looking for looks like a gift card with Star Wars and some TPM deco on it.  The terms are pretty loose, but it's supposed to be good for $10 off of a Hasbro Star Wars purchase.  The cashier scans it at checkout in order to apply the promotion to your checkout.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 12, 2012, 01:40 PM »
30% off all some  star wars with week at Toy R Us (their ad lies and implies everything). Mostly new stuff, all figures and new battle packs. The older boxed crap is 10% off, you, the stuff other stores clearanced out already.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:59 PM by scockery »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 16, 2012, 07:46 PM »
One of the local Targets had all those new TPM 2-packs on clearance today for $7.48.  ???

It was definitely not a mistake, they were each individually stickered. Have not seen this anywhere else in my travels though. Weird.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #597 on: February 16, 2012, 10:58 PM »
My local Target finally stocked some vintage, but they wanted $10 for them. Is that the nationwide price? I seem to remember it being $9. Also, they took the Special Offer sets that were on clearance and put them back at regular price, removing the stickers and damaging the packaging.  ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 17, 2012, 08:04 AM »
A Target around my area has the Battle Pod packs AND the Darth Maul packaged CW figs on clearance for half off. Guess they just didn't sell well enough this first week? Weird.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 17, 2012, 11:55 AM »
I noticed today that our local Target already has the exclusive two packs marked down to $7.48.  Man, that was quick.