Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259143 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #825 on: August 2, 2012, 11:01 AM »
I did my duty when I ordered, guys!  Thanks for all you do!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 2, 2012, 11:04 AM »
It seems waves 2 and 3 went up between last night and this morning with a lot selling out already.  :(

I was able to get an order in for the listed-as-"in-stock" Imperial Navy Commander I needed, as well as a second Luke Hoth, early this morning (around 7:45 AM), so hopefully it will actually be shipped to me.  First time I've placed an order with HTS since before last year's SDCC fiasco, so I don't know if completing an order for items listed as being in-stock guarantees you will actually get said items.

One would hope that part of Hasbro trying to correct the horrid situation at retail would be to keep individual figures in stock and available on HTS until Droid Factory hits.  Again, here's to hoping that is the case. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 2, 2012, 11:32 AM »
I was able to get an order in for the listed-as-"in-stock" Imperial Navy Commander I needed, as well as a second Luke Hoth, early this morning (around 7:45 AM), so hopefully it will actually be shipped to me.

I am returning those same two figures to my local Target today, I decided I didn't want them and their secondary market value isn't good enough to justify selling them or trying to trade for something I actually want.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 2, 2012, 01:08 PM »
Why aren't the new SW individual figure listings under "New to Hasbro Toy Shop"? I mean, it's not surprising or anything, just seems like it would have been helpful to give them a little profile.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 2, 2012, 02:23 PM »
looks like the INC is back in stock right now

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 2, 2012, 04:02 PM »
After all these years, this picture still applies.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 2, 2012, 06:50 PM »

Ahh, too true.  Although you could probably mix and match some of those now that distribution sucks everywhere, KMarts are mostly gone, etc.

By the way, I would totally buy the Target and Walmart Troopers if these were real.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 2, 2012, 07:28 PM »
The HTS chimps are still the same. I like the prices on Kmart and Star Wars Shop. Kmart- $9.99  Star Wars Shop- $11.99. Those were the days.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 2, 2012, 11:29 PM »
mother**** Hasbro.  I just picked up a set of the new TMNT figures from Playmates for $8.99 each from Target.  Way more plastic, more articulation, more weapons, and a better price point.  If Playmates can put out TMNT figures like that for $8.99, Star Wars guys should be $6.99, tops.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 3, 2012, 03:49 PM »

KB trooper is wondering why he hasn't gotten a paycheck in 4 years.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 3, 2012, 04:59 PM »
mother**** Hasbro.  I just picked up a set of the new TMNT figures from Playmates for $8.99 each from Target.  Way more plastic, more articulation, more weapons, and a better price point.  If Playmates can put out TMNT figures like that for $8.99, Star Wars guys should be $6.99, tops.

I am pretty sure they do not have more articulation - I know for a fact most dont have ankles and many have no knees on top of that.  More plastic?  yes, but I havent inspected them enough yet to even say they are all unique sculpts - I am talking turtles here.  hi def pics here  http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=19490 .  It looks like the shells and the heads are the only thing different to me. 

With Star Wars there is licensing costs, likeness costs, and, if it is not a clone, all unique, super articulated sculpts - with WAY more paint details. 

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #836 on: August 3, 2012, 05:41 PM »

I am pretty sure they do not have more articulation - I know for a fact most dont have ankles and many have no knees on top of that.  More plastic?  yes, but I havent inspected them enough yet to even say they are all unique sculpts - I am talking turtles here.  hi def pics here  http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=19490 .  It looks like the shells and the heads are the only thing different to me. 

With Star Wars there is licensing costs, likeness costs, and, if it is not a clone, all unique, super articulated sculpts - with WAY more paint details.

I read a review that stated they each have different sculpts. Michaelangelo in particular is smaller than the other turtles (since he's supposedly the youngest).

Plus, this looks like a lot more articulation to me.

I prefer the NECA turtles from a few years ago, based on the comics...but this is already way off-topic.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 3, 2012, 06:58 PM »
Maybe I was getting a little hyperbolic with the articulation, but it's good enough (no ankles, but everything else...okay, no wrists either, but still...).  The sculpts are all unique.  They've even got distinct skin texture, different knee-pads, and little details on their shells and, um, whatever turtle fronts are called.

In any event, they're high quality and much heftier than Star Wars figures, at a lower price.

(Lando, your pic is of the bigger scale vintage repros; the ones I got are the ones in smashitwitdaclub's link...and they're really cool).
« Last Edit: August 3, 2012, 07:02 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 4, 2012, 10:57 AM »

I read a review that stated they each have different sculpts. Michaelangelo in particular is smaller than the other turtles (since he's supposedly the youngest).

Plus, this looks like a lot more articulation to me.

I prefer the NECA turtles from a few years ago, based on the comics...but this is already way off-topic.

I still have some or most of my original TMNT figs from when they first came out. The new deluxe ones look really good and have TONS of articulation - even finger and toe joints!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 4, 2012, 08:02 PM »
The only one I'd get, KRAANG, doesn't look to have much articulation.