Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259098 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #975 on: January 19, 2013, 12:51 PM »
The special collectors 3-packs are being clearanced at Target.

And if you are certain person at another website, that's an excuse to vent at supposedly cheapskate collectors, because, blah, blah...these sets were so good or something that they shouldn't have made it to clearance (even though the earlier ones did).

Saw that last night, too. TVC basic figures are also on clearance at Target. Saw some for $6.98 each last night. So I figured why not get a couple more Battle Droids for my MTT?  But I get the feeling that TVC figures on clearance probably aren't going to last for long.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 19, 2013, 07:52 PM »
The vintage at Target weren't marked down here. Or there was so little i didn't try to price check them.

I did find the Discover the Force wave at Five Below finally....they got one case out. Picked up the Gungan.

Saw more $5 Saga Legends, last wave, at TJ Maxx/Marshalls, none of the desirable ones. I'd have talked myself into the Super battle droid and shocktrooper if they had the bonus weapons, but the last releases did not.

TRU, the jerks, had the Aayla Secura wave in stock, minus a few figures, since there's no sale this week.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #977 on: January 20, 2013, 09:52 AM »
I'll probably post in a few places, but the 3-D figures just hit a few days ago at my 5 Below in Pittsburgh.  Grabbed the yellow astromech, Destroyer droid, mawhonic, etc. etc.  $5ea.  Note: the fighter pod 4 packs that were $3ea. are gone.. pretty quickly I might add.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:44 AM by bobafett14 »
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37 PM »
Finally found some Target clearance goodness today, $6.98 TVC figs and $17.48 TVC 3-packs.

Looks like stores brought any remaining 3-pack stock out of the backrooms to unload, but not so with the figures. It's the same stinky garbage that's been rotting on the pegs since before Christmas.  >:(

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 21, 2013, 11:42 PM »
Finally found some Target clearance goodness today, $6.98 TVC figs and $17.48 TVC 3-packs.

Looks like stores brought any remaining 3-pack stock out of the backrooms to unload, but not so with the figures. It's the same stinky garbage that's been rotting on the pegs since before Christmas.  >:(

Saw the same thing at a Minneapolis Target.  Still not cheap enough for me to bite on either.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 10, 2013, 06:38 PM »
Meijer has vintage (and other lines) for $8 until March. They had the Lost Line look wave in. Maybe a store fluke, maybe not. I don't check often enough to tell. I know when I got there, all the sandtroopers were gone...not sure I've ever seen it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #981 on: February 11, 2013, 01:00 AM »
I see one at TRU now and again, maybe keep looking there? 

Meijer does nice sales.  Wish we had that here.  We barely have WM and Target.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 11, 2013, 12:38 PM »
Meijer was/is bad for getting one wave in and nothing the rest of the year...or is that Target now? Occassionally, they'll be a fluke and they'll get something "rare". They were the only place I saw the last comic pack wave. And dammit, I even saw a set or two on clearance. I wish I'd gotten them all.

They can be inconsistent. One store got GI JOE modern figures, another store sat  on the same 6 Rise of Cobra figures until, well, this year. Now two remaining Neo Vipers are $3.50 (50% off).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #983 on: February 11, 2013, 03:38 PM »
I guess it's kind of like K-Mart is now...  You can find one store that'll get one case of almost every wave, and one store will get one case and sit on it.  THey're good about their exclusives so far, but basic figures, this past year at least, were more spotty.  They were the only store that didn't overload on TPM wave though for the most part.  One near me got a TPM case in way later in the year, haha.  That poor store.  Sold through though, oddly enough.  Go figure right?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 11, 2013, 11:17 PM »
I snagged two Battle Droids at Target for $5 each.

Also at some point over the weekend I wound up at Wal-Mart and bought the Dewback and Vulture Droid on sale. I awoke the next morning sober and immediately regretted the decision, so I returned them today. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #985 on: February 11, 2013, 11:21 PM »
Vulture Droid's really nice...  Mine are down near $21 but I think I'll wait or not get any because I have enough vultures.  I'd love a really cheap Dewback for a pack animal but otherwise, I just don't care about it at this point either.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 11, 2013, 11:26 PM »
Whoops, I meant to post this in Recent Purchases, but it kinda fits here, heh.

Anyway, yeah, I wouldn't mind having the two but ultimately it came down to "Do I really want these"? The Vulture Droid is cool but it has nobody to fight in the air in my army. And I was never that big a fan of the new Dewback anyway, so I decided I'd rather save the money.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 14, 2013, 03:30 PM »
Bazinga!

Target Clearance Bonanza:

TVC figures for $2.98, army-building Naboo guards and Battle Droids anyone?

Target Exclusive TVC 3-packs for $7.48, that's a lot of Snaggletooth for your money!

Midsize vehicles down to $8.48 I believe? What's left of them anyway...

A guy could go crazy with a sale like this, what with vintage ending at all.

Begs the question though, once TVC is gone, and the remaining TCW remnants (assuming they are not shipping any more old cases at this point), what does that leave them to sell for SW figures? That MH Yoda stuff seems DOA domestically, and those stinky pegwarmers can only last so long.

Would have been nice to see some of those vintage greatest hits cases hit there, maybe under a different DPCI?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: February 14, 2013, 05:19 PM »
Duh-huh. Targets near me, two of them yesterday. Stuff was still a lame 30% off. Only vehicles I found were those pod racers. The one store with good figures is an annoying drive away...doubt I'll go back.

I did score some awesome cookie and brownie mixes on clearance at Target last week.  :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #989 on: February 15, 2013, 12:11 PM »
Reports are starting to filter in this morning that TRU is running a $5 sale on Vintage Collection figures.  Apparently the sale is both in-store and on-line.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender