Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259145 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #225 on: January 30, 2011, 04:36 PM »
Yeah...might go tomorrow. All they had last friday was a battle droid 2-pack and some undead geonosians....but I wanted in on that supercharge promo, and tomorrow is the last day. Hmmm...buy stuff I don't need to get something random free... :-\

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 2, 2011, 07:15 PM »
As per our front page, Hasbro are doing another Redemption promotion, but it only lasts 12/25 - 1/31.  Spend $20 (before tax/shipping charges) and get a freebie.  The Star Wars item most appealing on the list is the Deluxe Figure/Vehicle set.

They had a lot of items to choose from, and if you are like me and spend a lot, this is a sharp way to get some toys to donate, or some items for your kids or whatnot.

Reminder kids - envelopes have to be postmarked by 02/15 or no dice for you...Just sent away for my mystery 5 today.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 14, 2011, 03:12 PM »
For those with Meijer stores in their area, this week Star Wars figures are $6.50...ad showns Clone Wars Grievous. I haven't been to the store yet to see what's what. I suspect vintage probably isn't included.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 14, 2011, 05:46 PM »
I noticed in the "press release" for the SW lines, the suggested retail for both TVC and CW was at $7.99.  Not that I expect to see any changes at retail, but you never know - it would be nice.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2011, 06:40 PM »
I was wrong, all Star Wars figure are $6.50 at Meijers, including Vintage.

So far the one I hit didn't have anything I needed. They had two Rebel Commandos, lots of clones, sandtroopers and Anakins.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2011, 01:29 PM »
Star Wars items are 5% off at TRU, with the Clone Wars Y-Wing $34.99 on sale.

Also, as Rebelscum poster noted, some older battle packs are $5.98 at TRU online.

They are Clone Wars Holocron Heist and Jedi Showdown and BAD-era Birth of Darth Vader and Tatooine Desert Ambush. None of that is vintage, but I don't think anyone would notice if I posted in the Legacy forum.

With shipping they are like $11 each....2 of $18.... 3 for $25.

If only I wanted any of them. Maybe the Vader one...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 10:12 AM by scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2011, 02:05 AM »
Wait, 5%?  Well now I can get that kidney transplant.  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Add K-Mart now to the list to increase their prices, which puts them at $9.99...  Still the rewards thing can work for you, but now it is more likely to put them where everyone else is.  Legends and CW were also up to $8.99.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2011, 09:00 PM »
Was at two Wal-Marts today that had now dropped the Legends figures to $6.96... they were that price two weeks ago, then bumped up to the $7.88 mark... now back down again.  Odd.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2011, 08:17 AM »
Here's hoping the Clones wave waits a bit for the price drop!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2011, 02:16 PM »
Just trying to steer the ship back on course a bit -

Let's get this thread back on track with actual sales, discount, and price hike reports and save the more "theoretical" posts about pricing for one of our other fine threads -

How Much is Too Much?

Thanks,
Your friendly neighborhood moderator. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2011, 12:45 PM »
Another 2 for $10.99 sale at Toys R Us this week. Seems like every other week now. Obviously doesn't include vintage. Spiderman, Marvel Universe, Iron Man2 and GI JOE are included.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2011, 09:56 PM »
Another 2 for $10.99 sale at Toys R Us this week. Seems like every other week now. Obviously doesn't include vintage. Spiderman, Marvel Universe, Iron Man2 and GI JOE are included.

Wow, that would be spectacular if there were a TRU within 25 miles of me.   ::)

As per our front page, Hasbro are doing another Redemption promotion, but it only lasts 12/25 - 1/31.  Spend $20 (before tax/shipping charges) and get a freebie.  The Star Wars item most appealing on the list is the Deluxe Figure/Vehicle set.

They had a lot of items to choose from, and if you are like me and spend a lot, this is a sharp way to get some toys to donate, or some items for your kids or whatnot.

Has anyone else received these yet?  I sent away for a bunch of them and can't wait to see what we get.  Hoping for some solid SW deluxe, but my kids will be happy with the Joes, Iron Man, Strawberry Shortcake, or MLP backups.

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2011, 11:03 PM »
I was laid off work for 6 weeks when that promo happened, didn't buy anything, didn't send off for anything.  :(

Don't worry, based on my local store, TRU never has squat. A few clone wars, maybe a few new if you are lucky, and leftover Legends, mostly ATOC and ROTS white clones. Oh, and the Legacy stuff that's not part of the sale...a dozen Willrows and Bespin Guards.

They upped the Endor pilot packs to $29.99, now that I feel I could rationally purchase them. ::) (For that you could buy two clearance evolutions packs and get six pilots or 3 pilots and 3 padmes!)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #239 on: February 28, 2011, 01:43 AM »
Wow, price bump on the pilots sucks...  $29.99 isn't attrocious, but sucks nonetheless.

I got an extra set I was debating taking back but I think I'll hang onto it now.

I noticed how all over the place WM is with their pricing, at least here...

One store I frequent had Legends and CW up to about $8 each, and Vintage still marked at $8-ish but ringing up for $9-ish.  I mentioned it on checkout and got my $1 back no hastle on it, and the guy didn't care one iota so I'd say they're still marked wrong.

Another store I was at this evening had Legends and CW marked higher but Legends scanned $6.96 and CW $7.88.  Vintage were priced and scanning for like $8.96 or whatever the hell it is.  Had a ROTJ Luke I wanted, wave 5 repack, and I couldn't pull the trigger because of the price-hike.  I wanted to replace my Endor Luke with him by swapping gear, and I just couldn't bite.  Stuff like that is where the price hikes will see me cut back.

Prices all over creation though, as others have seen I guess. :)