Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259149 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #480 on: November 4, 2011, 04:38 PM »
I went to TRU today and picked up a Cade Bane and Asoka with the 20% off coupon. Weird thing is the only vintage figures they had were two Darth Vaders w/ proto-boba stickers on them. Strange.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 4, 2011, 04:44 PM »
Got my coupon printed and ready for tomorrow- I hope to find at least one of the 5 or so RFTs there last weekend (didn't buy any since I had 2 from earlier and don't "need" more.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 7, 2011, 01:39 PM »
FSFAM11 = 25% off and free shipping at HTS...i think
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 7, 2011, 02:28 PM »
Those HTS codes used to be great before they started selling all new figures by the case.  I havent ordered from them since...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #484 on: November 7, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Nice deal, and some pretty good army builders had bene up there to stock up on...  Be nice if RFT's hit en masse though.  :-X  I think I'd get my fill at that point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #485 on: November 7, 2011, 08:06 PM »
Nice. Got myself a second AT-AT for $80 shipped. Woooooo!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 10, 2011, 03:37 PM »
Starting tomorrow, two new coupon codes for Entertainment Earth -

Offer: $5 Off Your Order of $50 or More!
Code: 2011EE5

Offer: $10 Off Your Order of $90 or More!
Code: 2011EE10

Codes are valid November 1st through December 5th, 2011.

I would avoid Entertainment Earth like the plague - I rarely if ever have trouble with online retailers, but I just placed an order with them last week, and I have to say that their communication and customer service is lackluster at best.  The items I ordered apparently arent even in stock, yet it said they were when I ordered, however no one told me until I called them a week later.  I cant see myself ever ordering from them again.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #487 on: November 10, 2011, 05:39 PM »
Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  I've never had an issue with EE that wasn't successfully resolved by their CS folks.  Might have taken a few days to get it straight, but I was always happy in the end.  In fact, I just used those codes last week and got a big box of loot from them earlier this week. :)

If you are really frustrated about your experience, try giving them a phone call or try shooting Adam Pawlus a PM here.  He stops by here from time to time and I'm sure he could pass on a note to the appropriate people at EE if you had a really bad experience.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 10, 2011, 05:50 PM »
Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  I've never had an issue with EE that wasn't successfully resolved by their CS folks.  Might have taken a few days to get it straight, but I was always happy in the end.  In fact, I just used those codes last week and got a big box of loot from them earlier this week. :)

If you are really frustrated about your experience, try giving them a phone call or try shooting Adam Pawlus a PM here.  He stops by here from time to time and I'm sure he could pass on a note to the appropriate people at EE if you had a really bad experience.

Agreed - I've ordered from them on-and-off ever since they opened up for business and I've never had a problem with them. I've taken advantage of their "mint condition guarantee" a couple of times and it's always been hassle-free.

Their prices are also pretty reasonable when compared to some of the other online retailers that are out there.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 10, 2011, 09:00 PM »
yeah - I have nothing but good experiences with EE myself - and I have made several orders.  One time while placing an order I couldn't get a promo code that I had from a catalog to work so I gave them a ring.  Turns out the promo code was expired by like 2 days or something and, being the big dummy that I can be at times, I honestly didn't realize it.  The customer service rep basically said no big deal and gave me the discount someway anyhow when they totally didn't have to and, after I realized it was expired, I totally did not expect them to do it.

Anyway, I like them a lot - and I like it when I get their catalogs in the mail   ;D

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #490 on: November 11, 2011, 10:02 AM »
I've only ordered from them a few times—exclusives or cases are really the only thing they have to offer me—but I found them to be pretty tight.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 11, 2011, 11:00 AM »
Thats cool that you guys have had positive experiences, I have not though.  I talked to regular CS and a guy who is a manager / supervisor - he basically said if I wanted the order that it would be a backorder and there was no guarantee I'd ever get it.  The items I ordered were listed as 'in stock' for days after I ordered them, so they could have fulfilled the order if their operations werent slow and sub-par.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 12, 2011, 04:10 PM »
I've ordered from EE about 20-30 times and have never had any big issues with them.  Their prices are pretty good for online ordering, though I typically wait until I have a coupon or some kind of discount before turning to them.  I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again though and now's a good time with the current discounts.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.  If the item isn't in stock, then I'd rather have them be honest about not knowing if/when new supply would come in.  A lot of online places would just tell you it's on the way, then maybe never deliver (I'm looking at you TRU).  And if it said "In Stock" when you ordered, maybe it was just one of those rare times where they didn't have it flagged correctly on the site.  That's definitely not the norm as I've never run into it before.  I'm sure if they did have it, they'd do whatever they could to get it to you and collect their money.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 12, 2011, 09:59 PM »
Or you could totally have the in stock item in your cart and try to check out and find it's been taken out of it (or get the white screen of death).

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 14, 2011, 08:55 AM »
fyi - looks like TRU.com is doing free shipping with no minimum required on just about everything they sell.