Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 53719 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #720 on: May 12, 2012, 05:09 PM »
I was just at Target and they had GI Joe figures for like $7 on clearance.  I was a little surprised at the cost - I thought they were only $7-8 to begin with.

For anyone interested in snagging Marvel movies, they have Iron Man, Thor, Captain American, and Iron Man 2 on sale for $13.  And with each one, you get either a free bag of candy, a 12 pack of soda, or a package of popcorn.  I picked up Thor and Cap, with some free Dr. Pepper and RPCs.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 13, 2012, 03:44 AM »
I was just at Target and they had GI Joe figures for like $7 on clearance.  I was a little surprised at the cost - I thought they were only $7-8 to begin with.

I noticed that too... Spider-Man figures were "marked down" to $7, "originally $10". I'm pretty sure they were pricing that Spidey line at like $8.50 a figure, so not much of a deal. But then again I've found that outside of the odd exclusive, Target doesn't really like getting money from collectors anyway, so no big deal.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #722 on: May 16, 2012, 02:42 PM »
I'm still finding, and am quite shocked about it, Yavin Rebel w/Hangar Sled figures at TRU for the sale price.

Pleased about that! :)

It's, of course, only one here and one there, but it's still one more than I had before.  Such a shame they leaned so heavily with the CW figure in that assortment and only one Yavin Rebel...  Would love a lot more.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 16, 2012, 03:32 PM »
I'm still finding, and am quite shocked about it, Yavin Rebel w/Hangar Sled figures at TRU for the sale price.

Pleased about that! :)

It's, of course, only one here and one there, but it's still one more than I had before.  Such a shame they leaned so heavily with the CW figure in that assortment and only one Yavin Rebel...  Would love a lot more.

Wow, congrats!  I have not seen that thing in ages.
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #724 on: May 16, 2012, 03:47 PM »
Yeah I'm thinking maybe these are completely fresh cases being opened because I don't recall seeing many...  Nor should I have since it was a one-per, but still...  It's weird.  Two is two more than I ever thought I'd get for the sale price.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi General
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 17, 2012, 09:22 AM »
On a tip I visited a couple of Tuesday Mornings and found vintage figs for $5. Seems each store is getting 6 at a time and they seem to be all carry forwards from the Revenge waves - Yoda, ESB Vader, corrected Stormie, Slave Leia, Bar 2, and RFT
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 17, 2012, 12:17 PM »
On a tip I visited a couple of Tuesday Mornings and found vintage figs for $5. Seems each store is getting 6 at a time and they seem to be all carry forwards from the Revenge waves - Yoda, ESB Vader, corrected Stormie, Slave Leia, Bar 2, and RFT

Isn't the Yoda on Revenge card that Canadian variant some people are freaking out about?

I recall reading something about this somewhere, but as a non-packaging completist I did not pay close attention.
Slice you open like a tauntaun, faster than the Autobahn,
Or a motorbike in Tron, do the deed and then I'm gone.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 17, 2012, 04:01 PM »

This is exciting news; I've been checking TJ Maxxs, Marshalls, Ross, and Kohls since before Christmas, ever since I saw the Ep2 wave at many of them for $5 each.  I've been waiting for some OT characters to show up at those discount stores- how great would it be to find a Gamorrean or Hoth trooper there?
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 17, 2012, 05:59 PM »
That's cool about the BOGOHO, but you gotta have the coupon.  I had no idea this was going on today, bought some new Wave 3 figures too... lol

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi General
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 18, 2012, 11:45 AM »

Isn't the Yoda on Revenge card that Canadian variant some people are freaking out about?

I recall reading something about this somewhere, but as a non-packaging completist I did not pay close attention.

Nope, it's the regular old American version.
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 18, 2012, 02:37 PM »
What is different about the Canadian one outside of bilingual packaging?  Just rare to find Revenge carded Yoda in Canada?   ???

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • things get damaged
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #732 on: May 18, 2012, 02:46 PM »
The Canadian variant is on a ROTJ cardback instead of a ROTS cardback like the US version was:

The ROTJ cardback was the original plan for US release, but collectors complained about having prequel Yoda on a OT card, so Hasbro changed Yoda to a ROTS cardback for US release.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
Follow me on Twitter - @jedidefender / @jlsmentek

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 18, 2012, 03:10 PM »
Got it - thanks for clarifying Jeff!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 18, 2012, 03:11 PM »
I must be crazy passing up 2 RFTs and a Bar2-D2 at Tuesday Morning today, but I just have enough for my diorama needs!  If I see a Jedi Luke or Wedge, however...  I'm hoping this trend of older waves to discount stores continues- I love the idea of $5 vintage figures.  There's no buyer remorse!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke