Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259146 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #780 on: June 1, 2012, 05:02 PM »
CORRECTION - Make that price $12.99 per TVC basic figure.  It only seems to be in effect at certain stores, because I hit some other NJ TRU stores today that still had TVC figures priced at $10.99 each.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 3, 2012, 12:22 PM »
Buy one, get one 40% off all Star Wars at Toys R Us.

Downside is I think some of their sales ended today on stuff like the Y-Wing, rebel transport speeder, geonosian speeder, etc.

And the other downside, my local one is either too worked over or never gets anything new. The gas money I've wasted going there I could've used to buy stuff online.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 3, 2012, 01:25 PM »
So because they didn't sell at $10.99, we'll raise the price to $12.99. They will probably clearance it back at $10.99.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 3, 2012, 01:32 PM »
So because they didn't sell at $10.99, we'll raise the price to $12.99. They will probably clearance it back at $10.99.

So far I've only seen the $12.99 price at a few TRU stores.  Notably in some really high traffic, and semi-well-to-do areas.  I've seen the $10.99 price at other stores a scant 10 miles away.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #784 on: June 3, 2012, 04:11 PM »
And the other downside, my local one is either too worked over or never gets anything new. The gas money I've wasted going there I could've used to buy stuff online.

This is where I am at now basically.  Far easier and cheaper to buy by the case.  If Hasbro does 2x case stuff more, it's really a no-brainer for me.  If you can get in with a friend and work together, more the better.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 6, 2012, 10:10 PM »
I saw the local Walmart dropped their clearance price on the Vulture Droid and Dewback to $16. Still had a few of each left...

Vulture Droids and Dewbacks now down to $10 at my local Walmart on the clearance aisle. That's not too bad.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #786 on: June 6, 2012, 11:06 PM »
At that I'd take one of each.  Make a pack-animal out of the Dewie and add a walking Vulture to my E1 shelf.

Mine are full price...  Was at another local Wally and all the DTF was full price still.  Hoped the basics would get offed but I'm shocked they went up in price by a buck.  That blew bigtime.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ZevZev

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 6, 2012, 11:13 PM »

Mine are full price...  Was at another local Wally and all the DTF was full price still.  Hoped the basics would get offed but I'm shocked they went up in price by a buck.  That blew bigtime.

All my Walmart's raised DTF by a buck. I think it's their warehousing fee.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #788 on: June 28, 2012, 03:49 PM »
Joy.  Lots of reports out there that the recent $1 price hike that some people have seen on the Clone Wars/Movie Heroes/DTF lines at Walmart is a direct from Hasbro thing and as such, the hike will affect all stores - Target, Walmart, TRU - and all Hasbro's lines if it hasn't already.  Get ready for a summer of $10 Clone Wars figures and $11-12 Vintage figures!   :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 28, 2012, 04:22 PM »
So, if the dollar price hike is due to the "rising costs of shipping to retailers", doesn't that imply that Hasbro should actually be, you know, shipping things to retailers?  I mean, I'm no economic expert, but unless there's continuing shipments of dust-covered Movie Heroes from some Hasbro factory somewhere, none of the retailers near me have gotten any new Hasbro product that doesn't say "Avengers" or "Delayed GI Joe Movie" on it since the beginning of February.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 28, 2012, 04:22 PM »
It's been a fun ride since 1998, but at this price point, I think I'm officially done with the hobby--at least buying at retail.  I may wait a few years and pick up loose stragglers I'm interested in off of eBay, and if I miss out on novelties like Darth Malgus, no biggie.  But this is getting to the point that it's no longer a distracting, fun little hobby.  I ride bicycles, and that's my high end expensive hobby.  I'll just put more money into that now.  Not saying I'll dump what I've got, but I'm just done paying this much for little dinky pieces of plastic.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:26 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline MasterFisto

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 28, 2012, 06:45 PM »
A price hike will not affect my collecting habits in the slightest.  I have been saying for years that I will keep buying these things, even if they are $15 a piece.  I can't say that I'll be more selective, since I am already at the maximum setting for my selectiveness. 

So, not really a problem for me.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #792 on: June 28, 2012, 09:52 PM »
What about $16 a piece?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 28, 2012, 10:16 PM »
Clone Wars figures have already been close to $10 here at Target and TRU, so that wouldn't shock me in the least.

I don't even mind all that much either, it's not like they're trawling out many figures in the line anymore, but I do resent having to pay more for figures with reduced articulation and poor paint apps.

You can't charge MORE money for INFERIOR product...that's a 1-2 punch to the gut no one can accept easily. Seems to be the way of things though.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 28, 2012, 11:32 PM »
Eagerly awaiting the action figure implosion that will be going on next year.