Author Topic: SDCC 2010  (Read 26365 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: SDCC 2010
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2010, 03:26 PM »
There's a TON of stuff to spend money on between now and next year, so I'm happy.  Sometimes the slower pace works better for spending, at least with me anyway.  I hate feeling like a total spazz because I spent so much at one time on toys.  This may help move more of the bigger priced items too.  I could see extras AT-AT's getting bought by collectors because the money's there for them to do so.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2010, 03:27 PM »
Hasbro is SERIOUSLY holding back for C5.  No mention of the new Slave I at all by anyone.

But some comments from Derryl DePriest were very telling.  And it seems that a great deal of info has already leaked onto teh interwebz.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2010, 03:32 PM »
As disappointed as I was, it does seem that Hasbro was holding back a LOT of info, and they also kept dropping hints.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2010, 05:28 PM »
As disappointed as I was, it does seem that Hasbro was holding back a LOT of info, and they also kept dropping hints.

Like?
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2010, 05:49 PM »
Well they're definitely holding back 2011 product...  Not much else though. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2010, 05:54 PM »
So the panel indicates ROTJ wave is slated for January?!!!

I thought it was following ROTS.

Also ROTJ wave five!!

Curious.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2010, 06:14 PM »
I was a little disappointed in the lack of "new" news as well, but I guess it is to be expected.  We'll get a little more at CV, and honestly, so much gets leaked these days it is tougher to get a lot of new stuff.  It was one of the more "let down" Panels in recent memory I thought though, but the timing with CV in a couple more weeks has a lot to do with that most likely.

So, from the information we've gotten, are we basically getting the ESB, ROTS, and ROTJ wave in 2010...with the AOTC wave hitting early in 2011?  I guess I'm ok with that to some extent, as it eases the spending a little bit more.  Like Jesse mentioned, still plenty out there to pick up with the various lines, exclusives, etc. - but it really does seem like the "movie" line is slowing down a bit.  I am wondering if we're going to continue the tradition of having one wave, then a long break, then more in the Fall.  With all the Marvel movies (and Transformers), I could see us getting that AOTC wave, then a long break, then mixed waves starting up later in the year.

It may just be the timing of things though too, and the changes of the overall makeup of the line (with repacks or slightly retooled, more main characters).  I'm looking forward to what we see at CV though, and hopefully a peek at next year (when we go to "mixed" waves right?).  I'm really hoping to see a new Bespin Han, but that will probably be later in the year with as often as it has been put off.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 06:17 PM by Brian »

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2010, 08:48 PM »
Yeah, they are holding things back for CV.  They did warn us that stuff would be scaled back.  So, I am not expecting oddles and gobs of new stuff at CV though.  That's why Hasbro does not like leaks because everyone whines when it's all been revealed.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2010, 09:35 PM »
I agree, but that is why they should be much more in control of their own images.  They should get a blog, and post pictures as soon as they are done...and beat all the fan sites.

Is it just me, or were there no TCW carded figures in the presentation?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2010, 12:03 PM »
I don't know we can really blame Hasbro for a lack of new - they are constantly undermined by product leaks and info digging which we all support - and so we're victims of our success, sometimes.  The big MF and the Slave 1 both should have been gonzo reveals, but both have had the air taken out of them by a greed for information.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2010, 09:40 PM »
I agree, but that is why they should be much more in control of their own images.  They should get a blog, and post pictures as soon as they are done...and beat all the fan sites.

Is it just me, or were there no TCW carded figures in the presentation?

They showed a carded Cad Bane just as an example of the new packaging style, but no actual "new" figures. I was really hoping for something from Waves 5 or 6.

It was cool to get a look of the upcoming Clone Trooper's flamethrower weapon. That must be a pretty big bubble to squeeze that droid in too. I thought the R2 from that wave was supposed to be new too though?  ???

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2010, 09:58 PM »
The Battle Droid isn't included with the flametrooper - at least that's what they said during the panel.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2010, 10:48 PM »
Anyone else think the panel was a big waste of time?

Just in case anyone is cuious, I handed in the wishlist during the panel.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2010, 08:23 AM »

Just in case anyone is cuious, I handed in the wishlist during the panel.

Many Thanks for the Hand-off we appreciate your efforts.

I thought the Panel was a bit of a "thud" but then again, I was just watching coverage on my phone., GI Joe seemed like it was a worse panel though if that helps ease the sting.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2010, 06:38 PM »

Just in case anyone is curious, I handed in the wishlist during the panel.

No, because again everyone would be upset that there would be no Star Wars panel of some sort.   I could just imagine the %#&@storm that would create.   Plus, we all knew they would hold back stuff for CV.  They did at least  show us some new stuff like the Arena sets, Hoth sets, ROTJ wave, Jabba The Hutt (though it was just leaked a few weeks backs), a few CW items like the Mandalorian 4 pack.  There are probably a few I forgot. 

The biggest thing this year was going to be the vintage figs and the AT-AT.  There was really nothing to top it...maybe Jabba?  But again the Hutt got revealed...they ALMOST made it to the show with that under wraps.  I can't really blame them for that though.

I don't know what else people were really expecting to see this year at SDCC???  Maybe the Slave I and the AOTC waves?  A Sailbarge maybe?  We'll get the rest at CV in a few days/weeks. 

IT will all be good.  Otherwise more would have been shown this weekend.