Author Topic: SDCC 2010  (Read 26293 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC 2010
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2010, 08:26 PM »
I agree with the point that in OUR "success" of discovering upcoming items, we only disappoint ourselves in the long run. A picture of one of the TCW Senate Commandos, coming up in the Wal-Mart exclusive sets, was leaked just 2-3 days before SDCC. Just 2-3 days!!! And we pretty much knew we would be seeing a Wave 2 of the Geonosis sets, with that leaked Jedi dude picture! And we also ruined our chances of being surprised with the Slave 1.

As for Jabba and the AT-AT, we had already pretty much known early in the year that these were coming, but as for the other goodies, we pretty much just shot ourselves in the foot. :(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2010, 09:59 PM »
Actually, you know what they could have shown that would have totally jazzed people?  The card mock-ups for the next few waves.  Just seeing some AOTC cards, or TPM cards, would have been a blast.  They could show the figures then at CV
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2010, 10:19 PM »
When will I be able to buy the Zuckuss two pack from HTS.com?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2010, 10:21 PM »
Toward the end of CV or shortly thereafter probably.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2010, 11:07 AM »
exclusives up - all but SDCC Slaughter

bah - my order won't go all the way through - stuck on the last page - HTS may be getting swamped...

still waiting....  timed out...  go again...  on phone now...

finally went through.....
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:41 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2010, 11:24 AM »

I have a feeling he sold out.  HTS now has all the SDCC banners and all loaded up with all the other Hasbro exclusives.  Oh well.  Blaster & Maul for me.

He's being added right now me thinks.   :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:25 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2010, 11:37 AM »
You know, it may just be the age of "finding out about stuff online early", but it didn't seem like all that exciting as far as news for much of Hasbro's stuff.  While I do really like what was shown for Star Wars (ROTJ wave and Jabba in particular), we sort of figured some would be held back for CV.  That being said, aside from the reveals of Cap/Thor movie figures (and the announcement that Legends are returning in 2012), I didn't find the Marvel stuff all that exciting either really.  Not that this is necessarily the thread for this, but I thought Mattel had a little better showing between DCUC, Green Lantern Classics, and the MOTU reveals.  Not that it is a competition, but I guess I hoped for a little bit more.  Definitely looking forward to CV though.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2010, 11:55 AM »

I have a feeling he sold out.  HTS now has all the SDCC banners and all loaded up with all the other Hasbro exclusives.  Oh well.  Blaster & Maul for me.

He's being added right now me thinks.   :)

Is the Zuckuss two pack listed anywhere?

Edit:  Wrong exclusive - nevermind.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:59 AM by ruiner »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2010, 12:54 PM »
Wish you guys could have seen that Hoth display up close and personal. It was phenomenal. The guy who built it put a lot of detail in, and some perfect lighting gags, like Chewie's torch on the Falcon. Overall, the presentations were about what I expected since they have to hold somethings back for Celebration.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2010, 03:56 PM »
Any pictures of it posted somewhere?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2010, 04:04 PM »

I saw pictures over at JTA  (scroll to the bottom, its the last section of pictures)
I am not the Stig

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 1, 2010, 08:41 AM »
got my shipping notification on my SDCC order for the visionaries Maul set, Thor, Captain America, and Spiderman.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 1, 2010, 11:52 AM »

I saw pictures over at JTA  (scroll to the bottom, its the last section of pictures)

Those pictures are of the dio are great! We could have so done something like that for CV.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 1, 2010, 04:19 PM »
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but what was everyone's favorite from the SDCC showings?  I realize that Hasbro may have been holding back a bit, but there was still some neat stuff to be seen.  I think the figures in general all look great, but the ROTJ wave in particular has me pretty psyched.  Lots of goodness there, and the Gam. Guard in particular is a work of art.  Also a big fan of Jabba obviously, and can't wait to find him at retail.  The vinty packaging on the vehicles looks nice as well, although I don't know if I'll be able to pick extras up or not.  The CW line looks pretty good too, and the ARC and Mando Battle Packs in particular are kind of nifty.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 1, 2010, 11:50 PM »
ROTJ wave was definitely the highlight for me.