Author Topic: TVC - How true to the past should we be?  (Read 8902 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: TVC - How true to the past should we be?
« Reply #15 on: July 4, 2010, 03:55 PM »

You never thought in retrospect that it would be great to have that unmade character on a vintage card?

No. Not remotely. But, that's just me.

Nope, not just you.  I would say your feelings on this subject are a pretty darn good representation of mine.  I wouldn't even want a Yarna on an ROTJ cardback if that was the first release for her. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #16 on: July 4, 2010, 04:38 PM »
In the case of R2, if he does come with the drink tray, I'd like to see an image of him from the Sail Barge. 

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 5, 2010, 06:44 AM »
Hopefully that will happen -or at least something similar.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 5, 2010, 10:41 AM »

You never thought in retrospect that it would be great to have that unmade character on a vintage card?

No. Not remotely. But, that's just me.

Nope, not just you.  I would say your feelings on this subject are a pretty darn good representation of mine.  I wouldn't even want a Yarna on an ROTJ cardback if that was the first release for her. 

Gotta agree.  If it means keeping Prequel stuff off of Vintage style cards, then I will sacrifice Vintage Characters that were never carded on Vintage Cards too.

Everything else in the SW world has been "tainted" by prequel revisionism, leave the toys alone...Won't someone think of the children?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 8, 2010, 01:54 PM »
Changing up the pictures to keep the line fresh is a great idea, especially since the line will last at least 2 years. A year into the line collectors will be tired of seeing 3 piece-helmet Vader w/ an ANH picture. I think it was foolish of Hasbro to re-release the same cards that were already used in a past Vintage assortment (C-3PO, Boba, Vader). We could have seen this Vader in a ROTJ wave with a ROTJ card - in fact, being that Vader is being carried-forward in the upcoming ROTJ wave, why not a ROTJ-styled card? 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 9, 2010, 03:17 AM »
That -at the very least -would be an improvement.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 9, 2010, 08:08 AM »
If I missed this, I apologize, but has Hasbro indicated whether or not the PT waves will have logos of the individual movies at the top of the cards or are they going with a generic "Star Wars" at the top of the card?

Since Lucasfilm did create an Attack of the Clones "logo" in the style of the ESB logo and a Revenge of the Sith "logo" in the style of the ROTJ logo, I would love to see them use those on the cards.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: July 9, 2010, 10:04 AM »
If I missed this, I apologize, but has Hasbro indicated whether or not the PT waves will have logos of the individual movies at the top of the cards or are they going with a generic "Star Wars" at the top of the card?

From the Q&A at JTA:

"We will be putting all of the Prequel Trilogy movie logos in a Star Wars "holding shape" on the front of each card. The same will hold for the Expanded Universe when EU characters begin to appear late next Fall."
« Last Edit: July 9, 2010, 10:05 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 9, 2010, 04:29 PM »
Thanks Jeff!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!