Author Topic: Gentle Giant Jumbo Vintage Stormtrooper  (Read 16869 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Gentle Giant Jumbo Vintage Stormtrooper
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 05:09 PM »
Because it was an exclusive #1 and #2 they could have released something else instead (like Hammerhead or Walrus Man)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 06:28 PM »
Because it was an exclusive #1 and #2 they could have released something else instead (like Hammerhead or Walrus Man)

Those are non-issues for me.  If an exclusive is rereleased later, it doesn't really hurt those that bought the exclusive - it just helps those that couldn't get one earlier.  Sucks that you maybe could have gotten it for less, but you could probably get a lot of SW stuff for less if you wait it out.  As for new figures, I doubt they are holding something else new back just to create a window of time for a reissue.  More likely they would have released nothing right now if the stormie wasn't coming out.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2011, 06:34 PM »
Yeah I am more mad that I had to pay out the nose for an exclusive that I could have waited for...I would say Hasbro will sometimes release exclusives down the road but GG is usually pretty good about exclusive being exclusive.  ANd IIRC I paid close to $150+around $20 shipping for the ESB one...oh well
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 06:35 PM by Scott »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2011, 08:38 PM »
I kind of agree with Scott on the issue of GG exclusives compared to other stuff.  To me it's different collecting...  The money involved would probably annoy me too, if GG re-issues exclusive stuff.  Hasbro, not so much, but they're more the toy than the "collectible" I guess.

I can dig re-issued with changes though, so the exclusive is still the exclusive.  It probably still diminishes the value of the original though, I'd think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2011, 09:22 PM »
I Suppose.  I'm just anti-exclusive in the first place.  The idea that something cool is produced, but not available to everyone who wants it is ****** IMO.  I'm happy to have the rarer stuff in my collection, but it doesn't make me feel any better knowing I have it and someone else doesn't.  To me, this is no different than paying the $150 for a BMF and hearing someone else found it for $75 on clearance.  It might suck if I overspent, but if I didn't think it was worth the $150 I paid, then I should have never bought it for that.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2011, 10:55 PM »
Yeah, and I'm not really sure I am thinking about it in the context that "I have something you don't", per se...  I like exclusives that give you something extra that isn't killing everyone else for not having it I guess.

Thinking along the lines of SS 12" figures, that new battledroid with the "1138" on his back is kind of neat, but if you don't get it are you going to go batshit because you got the ones that are random numbers (or whatever they wind up being)?  Or Gree, with a stand...  Though as someone who appreciates an exclusive, I think the stand is even lame to an extreme.  The BD number is just cooler I guess, but still a small thing.

I like when exclusives are available, if you make the effort to get them, but you don't have to make extreme sacrifices to get them (Like a figure is put online from SDCC and you don't have to GO to get it).  I guess that makes it less of an exclusive though, so I dunno.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 2, 2013, 01:26 PM »
Has anyone had a problem with this yellowing?  The torso on mine has already noticeably yellowed.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 2, 2013, 10:04 PM »
Aww man, that sucks and is really inexcusable for them not to use a more stable plastic.