Author Topic: 2010 Target Geonosis Arena Showdown 2-Packs  (Read 66457 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: New Geonosis Figure?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 11:41 AM »
He also mentioned that Target is on the fence with these still. Take his post as you will.

I can see why. Those things are lingering big time and need to be put on clearance.

Seriously. While I really loved these sets I am very surprised that Target did not clearance all of those Mace and Roth sets. For the exception of Jango/Mace I loved every figure. I wish they added soft goods to the Mace Body this time around but alas. I do hope Target does pick these new sets up. I bought a lot of these last time and if the characters are decent like before I will do so again. I also like how they upgraded older figures who only needed a few tweaks. I made this prediction on RS back in April. I am hoping to see:

Arena Damaged Padme and Anakin with new headsculpt
Screaming Jedi Girl and Split apart Geo warrior
Nikto Jedi (Fik El Sirch) with Red Battle Droid with EYES!
Shaak Ti upgraded and generic human Padawn
The two loser Jedi who throw anakin & Obi lightsabers (I of them being confirmed)

I am sure we will see these new sets at SDCC, if not C5. Let's hope Target takes them.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 11:43 AM »

Hasbro already used the Q&A to tell us there would only be one new figure in the sets, so that's no surprise. 

I can see a 1/2" coating of dust on these already...
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 12:56 PM »
According to STAN Sarissa Jeng is the only 100% new figure in the next batch the rest are new heads/upgraded parts. He also mentioned that Target is on the fence with these still. Take his post as you will.

Hasbro already used the Q&A to tell us there would only be one new figure in the sets, so that's no surprise.  If it does turn out to be Sarissa, I'd be bummed.  I'd have preferred that they kitbashed Sarissa from Evo Bultar Swan and then gave us someone else new instead...

Hasbro stated in this SW Collector Q&A that they were looking to produce either Sarissa Jeng or Sar Labooda.  Now I can't see them producing two female Jedi in this wave.  Female figures have traditionally been a bit of a tough sell.

Sarissa Jeng looks like her Jedi garb is more like that of Ki-Adi-Mundi.  That seems a little odd, IMHO.  And she's only ever shown in closeup.

Sar Labooda gets a little more exposure on camera.  And she seems much more like she can be made from a Bultar Swan kitbash.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 02:11 PM »
They also look like they can use the Stass Allie body to make Sar Labooda. I was a bit surprised that collectors did not dig these sets. They were far superior than the Droid Factory sets and actually had useful characters. At the end of the day they are the C-listers so I should not be that surprised.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 09:38 PM »
I liked the sets myself.  I wish they were $10 though like the previous 2 packs though.  Those were a pretty decent deal all in all - a main figure and a clonetrooper for $10 = good sales.  Random background type Jedi figures with a few different battledroids at $12 = not quite as appealing.  But I still ended up with them all. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 09:43 PM »
I was pretty happy with all the sets last year, and I bought all but the Yoda set at full price...  I bought a couple extra of the humans with the new BD's too, mostly on sale but not much less than full price really.  Our Targets didn't ever seem to clearance those sets heavily, and there's some lingering around.  Some Targets only have a couple, others have about a dozen or so.  It really seems to vary and it was like they got more after the initial allotment.

The previous year's 2-packs clearanced fast and quick at Target.  Last year's didn't seem to follow that trend.  I cleaned up on that first series though.

It'd be neat to see maybe some AOTC style clones with maybe some spiffy weathering make it into this series.  I wouldn't mind more Geonosians and stuff too.  Like was noted, we've heard these are going to happen, but the usual "Nothing's confirmed till Hasbro says so, blah blah blah" stuff applies.  I'm hopeful though.  We've had a headsculpt image of the current revealed character for a while now.  Can't wait to see the rest of the potential set.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 10:55 PM »
I really liked the Geonosis sets from last year - they were a great mix of some new figures and re-use of existing molds to make them well worth picking up.

I'm glad the new SA Battledroid is getting re-released as part of this year's Legends line, it's actually the one Legends release that I'm really looking forward to this year.

I actually hope that they keep with the same pattern/theme of the first round of sets with this second round - five to six sets each with a different Jedi.

I would not be surprised if the SA Anakin and SA Obi-Wan figures from AOTC get re-released in this wave. I think Hasbro also indicated that a new Aayla Secura would be coming as part of an exclusive, so she's probably in this batch as well.

With this figure showing up, I also wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro shows these off for the first time at SDCC next week.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 02:51 AM »
The previous year's 2-packs clearanced fast and quick at Target.  Last year's didn't seem to follow that trend.  I cleaned up on that first series though.

I have not seen these clearance at all, either, which is very surprising because on my occasional returns to Target there is a sole set left hanging around - the dark-skinned Jedi (what's his name?) w/ SB Droid. This one seems to have been the slowest seller.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 10:20 AM »
Yeah, we've had at least 3-4 sets sitting at our Targets consistently for the past year or so as well.  I guess I haven't looked closely lately to see which ones are there, and I think I had the sets I wanted via Amazon long before they showed up anyways.  I do think the rest of the SW section is on clearance now, aside from these, so it may be true that they will be coming back.  I was wondering what Target's exclusives would be for this year, since it seems like both WM and TRU got home runs this year with a new Slave 1 and a new Jabba.  You would think Target would get something "big" as well though, unless I'm forgetting about something.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 Target Geonosis Arena Showdown 2-Packs
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 06:00 PM »
- Obi-Wan & SBD
- Shaak Ti & Geonosian
- Rodian Jedi & Battle Droid
- (Anakin?) & Droideka
- ? & 3PO/Battle Droid
- ? & ?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 06:04 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 06:23 PM »
I might have to cave on these due to the increased articulation on the droids. The 3PO looks like it uses the SA protocol droid mold too.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 06:23 PM »
Oooh, neat. I likes me some Rodian jedi.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2010, 07:15 PM »
Yeah, I'm geeked.  The Rodian's an articulated version of the original Clone Wars line's 3-pack ROdian Jedi.  I love that!  Shaak Ti's incredible looking, Obi Wan even looks like a happy purchase to me.

Fantastic stuff.  Loved the last round, and look forward to the new sets.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Looks like the exact same packaging (minus the 2010 verbaige) so I guess that's why Target didn't clearance out the first wave of these.  Was wondering about that.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 07:29 PM »
Looks like the exact same packaging (minus the 2010 verbaige) so I guess that's why Target didn't clearance out the first wave of these.  Was wondering about that.

Hopefully the new sets will be available in sufficient numbers. So far I am stoked. I don't mind getting the same great Seppie army builders, but I can see how that might be boring for many. The extra accessories for the Geonosian and the Shaak Ti look like highlights of this new wave.