Author Topic: 2010 Target Geonosis Arena Showdown 2-Packs  (Read 66459 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Target Geonosis Arena Showdown 2-Packs
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2010, 01:28 PM »
I am like 99% certain that you are correct on Shaak Ti.  Nothing new in the legs

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2010, 10:49 PM »
It's true, Shaak Ti has no upgraded leg articulation - neither does Anakin, and it would have been nice if Hasbro had given him a "pre-release" version of the SA legs they're using on the upcoming Peasant Disguise figure (those have articulated ankles).  
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2010, 09:24 AM »
I'm kind of with you Jeff. However, this is where Hasbro's got me dead to rights with there being at least one new part on each figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2010, 11:12 AM »
I see that the Rodian Jedi never got a name.  :-\

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2010, 01:04 AM »
However, this is where Hasbro's got me dead to rights with there being at least one new part on each figure.

Sorta with the 2nd round of the Order 66 sets - every figure was either new or had some sort of "new-ish" part to it.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2010, 02:29 PM »
Questions for anyone that has opened these up...

* Anakin - is there anything else 'new' on him besides the head/deco?  I read someone say he now has ball-joint hips, but I'm not sure that is right.  Does he have new hips or not?

Nope, still the same hips that were on the 2005 Evolutions version.  The only new things on this one are the head (which, admittedly, is pretty good) and the green blade (which, strangely enough, is attached to the regular Anakin AOTC hilt).  So, unless you're that fond of the new head or need another Droideka (the main reason I got it for myself), you can return this one without worry. :)

* Shaak Ti - I know she has new arms... but the RotS one is good enough for me.  Something about her deco (the eyes maybe) just makes me prefer the RotS one.  Can anyone confirm if her legs are the same as the RotS or did she get a leg upgrade to go with her elbow upgrade?

Nope, the legs on this one are the same as the ROTS version.  I like the dress on the ROTS one much better, too, due to the previously mentioned "frayed" material on this version.  Other than some paint differences and the elbow articulation being changed, it uses the ROTS body from top to bottom.  The Geonosian in the set, however, is a lighter green repaint of the 2009 version, so it takes the sting out of the lack of new ankle articulation on Shaak Ti.

Other tidbits:

-The Battle Droid in the set with the Rodian Jedi is (at least on my version) the Commander figure (no backpack, just the antenna) without the yellow markings.  

-Dooku has a new head and the cape is "tacked" at two points on the side, which makes it easier to display him without the billowing problem the previous versions had.

-R2-D2 uses a modified version of the VOTC body and similar features to the animated CW R2.  The left panel on the front opens up and a welder arm (which I don't recall seeing on an R2 prior to this) raises up, and there is a back panel that opens up and a hook on a string can be pulled out to attach to Threepio's head.  The inside of this opening hatch is actually detailed fairly nicely, and the string can be wound up by rotating Artoo's head, just like the CW version.  The lightpipe eye is back, although there is no sensorscope on this version which, again, is the first time I remember this sculpt being used without that feature.  Cool that Hasbro went the extra mile here, instead of just repacking the VOTC version for the millionth time.

EDIT:  Forgot to add that my Target had these as "on sale" for 9.99 through mid-November when I picked the Anakin/Droideka set up earlier today.  So that definitely takes the sting out. :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 02:31 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2010, 03:56 PM »
Wow, it seems like the shining star of the entire 2nd series is the R2/3PO set.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2010, 05:04 PM »
EDIT:  Forgot to add that my Target had these as "on sale" for 9.99 through mid-November when I picked the Anakin/Droideka set up earlier today.  So that definitely takes the sting out. :)

Kinda figured something like that was going to happen.  $18+ going back to me.....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2010, 07:34 PM »
At my Target, the only Geonosis 2-packs that are on sale are the old ones - the 2009 2-packs and the 2010 2-packs have different DPCI #s....

Did you get the sale price straight-up or did you have to argue that there was a sale tag for them?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2010, 07:46 PM »
I noticed that too.  I saw the shelf tag for the sale, and the DPCI number for the 2009 sets is on that tag.  Not the DPCI number for the new sets.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2010, 08:54 PM »
Did you get the sale price straight-up or did you have to argue that there was a sale tag for them?

Didn't have to argue a bit, which is odd, considering I usually do have to struggle with mispriced stuff at Target.  The only 2009 set that my Target still has is (6 of) the Roth Del Masona/SBD set, and it was in the regular SW section with no sale tag, while the 2 2010 sets they had (1 each of Anakin/Droideka and Obi-Wan/SBD) were on the endcap with a sale tag. 

So yeah, straight up 9.99 without having to complain, FYI.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2010, 11:36 PM »

So yeah, straight up 9.99 without having to complain, FYI.

Same here. I picked up the two sets I wanted and they had the $9.99 sales price in the two locations they had them (both the 09 and 10 versions). They rang up at the sales price without any arguing, so $6 saved!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2010, 06:40 PM »
just an FYI, I went to Target today and they gave me the price adjustment on the 4 sets I bought a week ago.  Very happy with the 4 pack I got now at a price of $10.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2010, 06:50 PM »
just an FYI, I went to Target today and they gave me the price adjustment on the 4 sets I bought a week ago.  Very happy with the 4 pack I got now at a price of $10.

That's good to know - I'm planning on taking my receipt from last week and getting the price adjusted on all 12 sets I picked up. I'm seriously thinking about using that credit towards a second Assault on Hoth UBP to open.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2010, 07:30 PM »
$18.32 price adjustment for me today.  Guess they factored in the 5% off I got with my card, but still  8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN