Author Topic: Walmart "New" TIE Bomber  (Read 5851 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Walmart "New" TIE Bomber
« on: July 16, 2010, 02:53 PM »
Some pics of the new TIE Bomber unveiled today...

Clicky to check 'em out!

The boxed shots reveal that the ship apperas to have a retooled cockpit, which Hasbro confirmed, and which features the ejection seat of the updated TIE cockpit.  That's cool I think since film evidence suggests TIE's had ejection seats.

The box also shows that it now has a firing concussion missle tube too, something only seen/used in video games.  That rocks! :)

The only gripe I have is the back of the box appears to show it in a light grey color, which isn't accurate to any film.  The Bomber shows up light grey in the original X-Wing game, but otherwise it's the blue-grey coloring it has been released as before.  So I'm hanging onto my old ones happily, and the new one I'll only purchase one of for a pre-ESB TIE Bomber in the light grey decoes the ships of ANH were in I guess.

It appears to be a regular release vehicle too, no exclusive sticker anywhere.  That's interesting, and a first for this ship.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:49 PM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender & FFURG.com Staff/Representative, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi General
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: "New" TIE Bomber
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 03:06 PM »
That's pretty cool - I haven't bought one of those in a while. It also looks as if they dropped the diorama style packaging.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 03:07 PM »
This is my favorite version of any of the Hasbro's Ties, but I've already got about 7-8 of various releases so I think I'm good.  The firing missle is kinda neat.  Don't really care much for retooled cockpits because, well I guess I just don't care.

Odd that it wouldn't be an exclusive....Wonder if it would have a casemate for a new assortment?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 03:36 PM »
Yeah, I noticed the lack of diorama.  I thought it may be due to the size of the TIE Bomber, as it's a bit larger than most of the $20-ish ranged vehicles.   ???  Kinda bulky.

Really though...  I suppose it could just not be listed as to where it's exclusive too.  It just doesn't appear to be at the moment I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender & FFURG.com Staff/Representative, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 04:27 PM »

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 04:47 PM »
Put me in the pass column as well.  It looks good and if I didn't already have a TIE bomber from the POTJ line I'd jump at it.

I'm sure it will do well though.
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 08:08 PM »
The color is what will decide me buying this or not. I have x2 of the POTJ version. I did not like the Saga2 one because it was too gray, I prefer the blue color more. I wonder if this is now part of the regular vehicle assortment price. This was always a higher priced vehicle.

I love upgrades but this is one that did not really need it, kinda like the AT-AT driver. The interior was fairly more detailed than other vehicles in that time too. I wish they would prioritize better since SKU's are cut down for the realistic line.

Not sure if they will be too much to see at CC, a lot of stuff has leaked already.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 08:14 PM »
The most interesting thing to me are the pics on the back indicating we are getting yet ANOTHER AAT repaint. Man, they love re-doing that thing. (Almost as much as the Gunship)

Swamp Speeder and Hyena Bomber look completely awesome though.
"People are d*cks" - Ludichrist

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 08:42 PM »
The most interesting thing to me are the pics on the back indicating we are getting yet ANOTHER AAT repaint. Man, they love re-doing that thing. (Almost as much as the Gunship)

Swamp Speeder and Hyena Bomber look completely awesome though.

The best AAT in my opinion was the TAC rusted one, I loved it. This one looks interesting, I want to see more detailed pics, I may pic up some. I have x3 TAC ones and x2 CW Blue ones. I am going to dump soon the CW ones soon as well as the TRU CW Hailfire droid, I am just not into the clean separatist style deco.

I think I may pass on the Swampspeeder and Hyena Bomber. They look nice but do not really fit into my collection style.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 09:12 PM »

Not sure if they will be too much to see at CC, a lot of stuff has leaked already.

I think if we see Vintage waves 3 and 4 and a surprise or two, it'll be a hit.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 10:22 PM »
I may get it.  I love the TIE bombers for some odd reason.  Plus it's from the ESB with the 30th anniversary and all it's a good time to release it. 

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
    • Matt's Corner
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 04:59 AM »
I think it would be neat if it was in vintage style package because the bomber was never made in the original kenner days.  Come to think of it... I think it is the only ship in OT that never got made. other than that it is a pass
Check out my page
matt-mattscorner.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi General
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 11:16 AM »
Call me a sucker. I'll happily add number four to my fleet.
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 01:03 PM »
Call me a sucker. I'll happily add number four to my fleet.

Five is a nicer number so you should buy my POTJ version as well.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Guardian
  • i stay down with my demons
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Walmart "New" TIE Bomber
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 11:52 PM »
I see that the display at Celebration V is saying $34.99 at Walmart for this one. 

Very glad that it isn't a $50 special like the new TRU Interceptor was.  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
Follow me on Twitter - @jedidefender / @jlsmentek